TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Forwards: David Attwood (Gloucester Rugby), Mouritz Botha (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Jordan Crane (Leicester Tigers), James Gaskell (Sale Sharks), Jamie Gibson (London Irish), Joe Gray (Harlequins), Tom Johnson (Exeter Chiefs), Graham Kitchener (Worcester Warriors), Matt Mullan (Worcester Warriors), Luke Narraway (Gloucester Rugby), David Paice (London Irish), Matt Stevens (Saracens).

Backs: Miles Benjamin (Worcester Warriors), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Rory Clegg (Harlequins), Alex Goode (Saracens), Paul Hodgson (London Irish), Topsy Ojo (London Irish), Charlie Sharples (Gloucester Rugby), Henry Trinder (Gloucester Rugby), Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins), Billy Twelvetrees (Leicester Tigers), Micky Young (Newcastle Falcons).

Good to see Sharples and Miles Benjamin in there, surprised not to see Owen Farrell though

Mouritz Botha? Urgh.

1. Marler
2. Paice
3. Wilson (is he back from injury yet)
4. Kitchener
5. Attwood
6 Johnson
7. Fearns? Haskell? M.Easter?
8. Narraway - definately
9. Simpson
10. Farrell/Myler
11. Simpson Daniel
12. Barritt (tho apparrantly hes having surgery - in which case Allen or 12t will take his place)
13. Tuilagi would be interesting (will he still be banned/not liable to be picked? - if not then Banahan - cos I rate him for some reason...)
14. Tom Biggs!!
15. Abendanon

Happy with: Sharples, Ojo, Goode, Gibson - finally some more Oirish players.

Not happy with: ASBO, Botha. No Owen Farrell - out played Flood and probably won't get a look in the the next two years.

m0rris

well i would like to see that team, but obviously it was not ment to be

They have to name RWC squad in August isn't it but been honest I think this is a poor squad for Churchill in contrast to previous English teams/squads in this competition

They're naming a 50 man provisional squad in a few weeks, then the 28(?) man WC squad after the first warm up game against Wales

Hopefully he goes, better scrummager than Wilson and Sheridan, and plays both sides

Forwards: David Attwood (Gloucester Rugby), Mouritz Botha (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Jordan Crane (Leicester Tigers), James Gaskell (Sale Sharks), Jamie Gibson (London Irish), Joe Gray (Harlequins), Tom Johnson (Exeter Chiefs), Graham Kitchener (Worcester Warriors), Matt Mullan (Worcester Warriors), Luke Narraway (Gloucester Rugby), David Paice (London Irish), Matt Stevens (Saracens).

Backs: Miles Benjamin (Worcester Warriors), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Rory Clegg (Harlequins), Alex Goode (Saracens), Paul Hodgson (London Irish), Topsy Ojo (London Irish), Charlie Sharples (Gloucester Rugby), Henry Trinder (Gloucester Rugby), Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins), Billy Twelvetrees (Leicester Tigers), Micky Young (Newcastle Falcons).

Good to see Sharples and Miles Benjamin in there, surprised not to see Owen Farrell though

Mouritz Botha? Urgh.

Owen Farrell is with the England under 20 RWC team in Italy, so was probably not available for this squad.

Aha, makes sense,
Suppose he'll get promoted up if Twelvetrees or Clegg get injured (like Tuilagi did around Six nations time when Tait dislocated his shoulder)

My only complaints about this team are that Attwood, Narraway, Brown and Ojo are in it, which means they're probably further away from the World Cup squad than I would like :/
Also, Mouritz Botha....

I'm hoping that in the case of those players that they're being used in the Saxons just to see them play more,

Brown really deserves to be in there, and Attwood should be there over Deacon (probably Shaw too)

I'm hoping that no Chris Robshaw means he's already pencilled in to the WC squad...

Agreed on Attwood, although he'd have been in the England squad safe and sound had he not been responsible for a boot-face interaction earlier this year.

And Mouritz Botha, please please please, not another Saffer in the England squad.

m0rris

Last edited:
Good to see Kitchener in there. I think he could challenge for a WC position ahead of attwood/deacon/shaw

I dunno, he'll be there in the future, but atm Attwood is better than him (or at least, Attwood had a better game against the BaaBaas)

Do you think? I thought Kitchener had the edge.. ahh well as you say he is definately a prospect

Just read that Johnson names his 40man squad two days after the Saxons last game, so on 20th June

Latest posts