[EOYT] Romania vs. Fiji 23/11/13

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Romania.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Fiji.png

Romania vs. Fiji 23/11/13. 19:00 EET, Stadionul Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest, Romania.

Referee: Dudley Phillips (Ireland)

Can Romania pull off another upset win this November? The Oaks return to a competitive Tier Two side could be shown in full fall colours with a win or close result vs. Fiji in Bucharest. While the Flying Fijians will be rueing the horrible indiscipline that saw their side reduced to 11 men at one point vs. Italy.

Lineups to be named when available.

Tough one but if Oaks will also win this one they'll end this year undefeated which I guess it was an unthinkable performance one year ago.

great shot for the Oaks to show that the recent form and style of play is actually good enough to fight with the (semi)big guys, i think it will be a close game, anyone can snatch the win.

Go on Romania, have been succesfully backing them all year, and the Bucuresti wolves in the amlin, I wish the oaks all the best for this years finale, do not lose !

Romania are a good team. Its gonna be tough for Fiji because Romania have good forwards right? As long as Fiji get their set pieces and discipline right and get good possession they should win

Yeah, we have a strong pack, devoted, full of force guys. Also, they are very experienced, most of them play in France and they have a lot of caps for our team. I guess the game will go like the other two: grinding with the pack, they'll make Fiji give away penalties to Vlaicu, who is in a great shape.

The Fijian team has been announced:

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Seremaia Naureure
3. Setefano Somoca
4. Wane Lewaravu
5. Api Naikatini
6. Malakai Ravulo
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Masi Matadigo
9. Nemia Kenatale
10. Seremaia Bai
11. Napolioni Nalaga
12. Nemani Nadolo
13. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
14. Timoci Nagusa
15. Metuisela Talebula

Reserves:
16. Peni Ravai
17. Campese Ma'afu
18. Manasa Saulo
19. Sam Matavesi
20. Nemani Nagusa
21. Henry Seniloli
22. Waisea Luveniyali
23. Malakai Bakaniceva

Thanks for those carefully crafted threads Little Guy ! You may be little in username-ness, but you are......oh sorry I think I already made that one before.

So yeah, Romania, pal, listen...you'll need some extra pro and alert medic, OK ? Like, guys who are literally ready to run onto the field. You may in fact have to prepare some tasers or smt like that. Body guards...tanks..I dunno.
Errr I mean...Good game, may the best team win !

don't worry, our guys are able to hit & fight back=>see the game with tonga, when we matched them (even if Taumalolo threw some punches behind the ref's back).

so... bring them on :p

I don't think will be easy for Fiji, they also played a very difficult game last week-end so I don't think they're in the best shape either. If Romania will win also this one, Oaks will end this year undefeated so it's sort of a incentive for them.

The Fijian team has been announced:

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Seremaia Naureure
3. Setefano Somoca
4. Wane Lewaravu
5. Api Naikatini
6. Malakai Ravulo
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Masi Matadigo
9. Nemia Kenatale
10. Seremaia Bai
11. Napolioni Nalaga
12. Nemani Nadolo
13. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
14. Timoci Nagusa
15. Metuisela Talebula

Reserves:
16. Peni Ravai
17. Campese Ma'afu
18. Manasa Saulo
19. Sam Matavesi
20. Nemani Nagusa
21. Henry Seniloli
22. Waisea Luveniyali
23. Malakai Bakaniceva

No Matawalu in the team, not sure if he's injured or if they're resting him.

I read this on the fijirugby site:

http://www.fijirugby.com/pages.cfm/...=flying-fijians-europe-tour-diary-20-november

Bula Viti,

Had two difficult days with temperature between 2 – 3 degrees. We had to reduce training to one a day in order to recover from the torrid game against Italy.

Apart from Viliame Veikoso who has a ****ling injury and needs to be rested this week, the others are raring to go. The Coaches are focusing on set pieces and game plan. Discipline is at the forefront. Tomorrow we train in the evening to get use to it as kickoff is at 7.00pm Saturday evening.

No more Visas, or so I thought. After the last 6 UK visas for 6 overseas based players who have put their hands up for the centennial match against the Barbarians, we begin having problems with their coaches. We are now renegotiating their release for this very important game. Hopefully they will come to their senses and view the predicament we are in. The Barbaas will not come to the party half cocked and we must therefore be prepared.

The Romanians have just come off two narrow wins over Canada and Tonga and are confident of toppling Fiji.
Dinner this evening was at a restaurant in town with the compliments of the Romania Rugby Football.

Moce Viti

Source: Compiled by Flying Fijians Team Manager, Joe Browne.

I hope that doesn't have anything to do with Matawalu not being in the team. That Barbarians game could be a classic, two free running entertaining teams. But it could be ruined if these coaches don't allow Fiji to have their best players.

Dear Romaina,

Please beat them, win the game and the fight as all the Island teams result to fighting and foul play lately and has lost the respect of many a neutral observer.

All Blacks?? Who are them? I only know Romania, those guys can end the year undefeated :cool:

haha, it's true. Besides against the visiting Georgian squad, Romania will be undefeated this year if they beat Fiji.
Not to take anything away from Romania, but Tonga and Canada have both played bellow their expected level though this year in fairness. But very good and consistent results for Romania !
Hopefully they get this one convincingly.

Besides against the visiting Georgian squad, Romania will have only wins this year if they beat Fiji.
Corrected that for you, if we beat Fiji, we will be undefeated, since the game with Georgia ended with a draw.

Corrected that for you, if we beat Fiji, we will be undefeated, since the game with Georgia ended with a draw.

...what ? That's what I said. Was that a confusion on your part, or is it VERY strange humor you're doing here ?

Not to take anything away from Romania, but Tonga and Canada have both played bellow their expected level though this year in fairness.

Funny. Many French commented that Tonga must have fielded second squad vs. Romania after they find out about our win. Now when Tonga scored two tries in Paris with about the same squad suddenly they played bellow what was expected. So, to be clear, what you expected? A defeat like in 2011? ;)

Funny. Many French commented that Tonga must have fielded second squad vs. Romania after they find out about our win. Now when Tonga scored two tries in Paris with about the same squad suddenly they played bellow what was expected. So, to be clear, what you expected? A defeat like in 2011? ;)

We were trying out a new winger, Sofiane Guitoune, for the first time. And being 24yo and 85kg he just doesn't have the girth to play world class defense and was directly responsible of one, and involved on the second. But Tonga did have a ton of opportunities, France just didn't play nearly as well defensively as they did NZ for e.g. a week prior, always underestimating teams...
so Tonga have clearly been one step bellow what they managed in last year's EOYT, yes. No doubt. They pushed Italy to the limit and beat Scotland. Are you actually questioning that, or just wanted to emphasize French fans thought Tonga played a B team against Romania ?

We played younger players vs Tonga and lighter too. E.g, Dumitru on the wing, 21 yo, 81kg, 177 cm. He was one of the best by pressing Tongan defense after territorial kicks. Underestimation of the opponent is not an excuse. Maybe Les Bleus were tired after NZ game? Yes, that was what I wanted to emphasize really.

Oaks announced squad:

1. Mihaita Lazar (Castres – Franta)
2. Otar Turashvili (RCM Timisoara)
3. Paulica Ion (Perpignan – Franta)
4. Valentin Poparlan (RCM Timisoara)
5. Marius Sirbe (Tarbes – Franta)
6. Alexandru Mitu (CSA Steaua)
7. Viorel Lucaci (CSA Steaua)
8. Mihai Macovei (Saint Nazaire – Franta) – capitan
9. Valentin Calafeteanu (RCM Timisoara)
10. Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua)
11. Florin Ionita (CSA Steaua)
12. Csaba Gal (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare)
13. Catalin Dascalu (CSA Steaua)
14. Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua)
15. Catalin Fercu (RCM Timisoara)

Rezerve:
16. Andrei Radoi (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare)
17. Constantin Pristavita (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare)
18. Horatiu Pungea (Scarlets – Tara Galilor)
19. Alin Coste (Bourg en Bresse – Franta)
20. Dorin Lazar (RCM Timisoara)
21. Florin Surugiu (CSM Bucuresti)
22. Stephen Hihetah (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare)
23. Cristian Dinis (CSM Stiinta Baia Mare).

Latest posts