• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Wales v Australia, 30/11/13

Next year Wallabies will beat ABs in Australia. Remember me, buddies.

They have a good head coach, they found a solid team with many games together and they will have reinforcements like: David Pocock, Scott Higginbotham, Wycliff Palu and Henry Speight.

Well done Australia!! Think they deserved to win by more than 4.Don't think Wales bottled it this time,simply beaten by a side who played superbly on the day.

On the subject of Barnes,thought he did ok on the whole.Can anyone explain to me though how a passer releases the ball when on a line and the player receiving the pass catches the ball a metre in front of the line how isn't that a forward pass.Don't blame the officials for missing it live but it was obvious on the big screen.Also got the Quade Cooper yellow card wrong.

Having said that Australia certainly deserved their victory.Well done Wallabies.

you're relishing this tremendously, you little English rodent ! At least Wales get Grand Slams every once in a while. Uh oh.....what have I started.

Eh? I was actually supporting Wales tonight; just stating it's a very bad record to have and especially with RWC very soon with both being in the Pool of death. It just deals Wales a further psychological blow and reaffirms that they cannot beat the top 3 SH sides. That's two out of two this November v SA and Aus and this time no excuses as the team are at home and have had 3 games to warm up and train together before this game. Wales must be sick to death of seeing the Green and Gold shirts.

Usual **** poor Wales against a SH team.
Apart from Cooper, it was a poor quality affair all round.
That said, the signs look good for Wallabies.

What on earth is your problem? Go troll somewhere else. Seriously fed up of your ridiculously anti Wales posts.

Superb game of rugby, but same old small margin for us! Frustrating that it took us 55 or so mins to show any proper creativity (Scott Williams long pass to Liam Williams)
Went into this match expecting to lose like this (again) and yer again left wondering when a 80min performance vs a big 3 team will come.

Please stop 'quoting' that fool, the ignore function gets overridden so his infantile drivel shows up.

Still stirring with that wooden spoon I see.

haha, nice one !
But we also had a nice GS to start the decade off, so one crappy year is just one crappy year....but England don't look like they're getting one any time soon, and it's been a while..... See you in Paris, pom !! > : )

Well done Australia!! Think they deserved to win by more than 4.Don't think Wales bottled it this time,simply beaten by a side who played superbly on the day.

On the subject of Barnes,thought he did ok on the whole.Can anyone explain to me though how a passer releases the ball when on a line and the player receiving the pass catches the ball a metre in front of the line how isn't that a forward pass.Don't blame the officials for missing it live but it was obvious on the big screen.Also got the Quade Cooper yellow card wrong.

Having said that Australia certainly deserved their victory.Well done Wallabies.

It's to do with the direction the passer's hands I.e. Folau and Barnes saw that his hands were level at best when he released the ball to Tomane; so no forward pass. Try was fine. Just because the ball drifts forward after it leaves Folau's hands does not matter; which is probably what you saw.

Eh? I was actually supporting Wales tonight; just stating it's a very bad record to have and especially with RWC very soon with both being in the Pool of death. It just deals Wales a further psychological blow and reaffirms that they cannot beat the top 3 SH sides. That's two out of two this November v SA and Aus and this time no excuses as the team are at home and have had 3 games to warm up and train together before this game. Wales must be sick to death of seeing the Green and Gold shirts.

It's the same problem that Argentina have in the Rugby Championship. I don't understand why some Welsh are so tough with the Pumas when they lose against the top three teams SH, if they have the same problem.

but England don't look like they're getting one any time soon, and it's been a while..... See you in Paris, pom !! > : )

Really? 1st, 2nd, and 2nd last three years. All with four wins from five, two where the last match was for the 'slam. I'll look forward to Paris of course. Fond memories of two years ago :p.

----

Oh and the Wales match was good too. Right down to the wire. Exciting as a neutral. ...just thought I should stay vaguely related to the topic.

What on earth is your problem? Go troll somewhere else. Seriously fed up of your ridiculously anti Wales posts.

Superb game of rugby, but same old small margin for us! Frustrating that it took us 55 or so mins to show any proper creativity (Scott Williams long pass to Liam Williams)
Went into this match expecting to lose like this (again) and yer again left wondering when a 80min performance vs a big 3 team will come.

It was entertaining stuff I grant you, but it had a distinct harum scarum error ridden end of term feel about it, IMO.
I thought as NH Champions, Wales against the weakest top 3 nation were very ordinary, that isn't trolling that proffering an opinion after watching the game.
Highlight of the game for me was the p*ssed up middle aged welsh woman in the crowd shouting at the Aussie kicker to "miss, you Aussie *******!"....Classy Bird!:)

Bloody hell. Heart rate has just returned to normal, what a game. Bad luck Wales, as a fan you can't be dissapointed with their effort.

Cooper was off the dial, genia seemed to make some better decisions than he has in the last few games and cummins, tomane and izzy were all solid contributors.

Even if we'd lost, I wouldn't be dissapointed. Watching the Wallabies under McKenzie is so much easier to swallow.

Really? 1st, 2nd, and 2nd last three years. All with four wins from five, two where the last match was for the 'slam. I'll look forward to Paris of course. Fond memories of two years ago :p.

----

Oh and the Wales match was good too. Right down to the wire. Exciting as a neutral. ...just thought I should stay vaguely related to the topic.

who the hell cares about 2nd best...

It was entertaining stuff I grant you, but it had a distinct harum scarum error ridden end of term feel about it, IMO.
I thought as NH Champions, Wales against the weakest top 3 nation were very ordinary, that isn't trolling that proffering an opinion after watching the game.
Highlight of the game for me was the p*ssed up middle aged welsh woman in the crowd shouting at the Aussie kicker to "miss, you Aussie *******!"....Classy Bird!:)

About 90% of your posts that I see are about how "p*** poor" Wales are so yes, it is trolling.
No it wasn't our best performance, but Christ you're an arse about it! The fact that we were poor for good chunks of the game and still almost won does speak volumes for the fact that we're almost there, same as always.

Big win for the Wallabies, they totally deserved it. I even think they should have won by a bigger margin, but they weren't so accurate in finishing their offensive plays and I thought that Wales was pretty lucky in this match. Great match, full of exciment.

Strong comeback by Wales. A hard thing to do...even at home. It's officially - as if it weren't already a while ago - a complex for Wales: SANZAR is cryptonite to them. They can smash the Aussies on their own pitch while wearing a Lions jersey, but they can't do it at home as Wales.
Doesn't matter anyways, since they're winning the 6N again in March.....

Aussies: how much fun is it to follow those golden jerseys move around so fluidly, the beautiful footwork, the velvet passing...man !...gotta love the Wallabies. Excellent, excellent work in Europe this November. A very high note to finish off a close-to-disastrous season. Held up amazingly well against the Lions 2 out of 3, and then a super strong finish.
In Europe, they've gone:
- 4 out of 5 wins. With a big asterisk for something more than mere controversy in Twickenham.
- That's 4 straight wins to finish their "terrible" year.
- 17 tries in 5 matches, and 16 tries in the last 4 matches.
- Conceded 7 tries in 5 tests, but really just 6 tries.
- That's 29 points per game in 5 tests, and 19 points per game conceded.
- Eleven different players have scored at least one try for the Aussies this Autumn: Toomua, Mowen, Kuridrani, Cummins, ACC, Tomane, Folau, Hooper, Cooper, Feauai-Sautia, Leali'ifano.

Amidst an upheaval of hardships and downright bullcrap from some players, they manage this. I take my hat off to them, goddam good work. Damn good work.

Latest posts