• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v England

I just can't wait ! It would be great if the 8 9 10 perform and show that they are International level.
[/b]

:cheers:

The boldest selection in years.

I cannot actually remember such a bold move since november 2001 when Michalak and Poitrenaud were included at the tender age of 19.

England will have a lot more to lose than France, the 8/9/10 have only one full cap between them, wow...

Traille is fine at 12 but Marty is not our best option at outside center, one must admit is defensively excellent.

And no kicker too, guess Traille will do the job. I am concerned that England will just concede penalties when under pressure knowing that we do not have a reliable kicker.

Millo-Schluski is out... Papé replaces him alongside his old mate Nallet. (they played together for Bourgoin and Castres)

And on the bench...Thion has been called. (!)

For sure audacious bet from Lièvremont, placing first Parra and Trinh-Duc.
After small reflexion, not completely mad imo if you considere

1/ A more solid first and second raw than written at the origin, with Poux and Pape. Should be able to protect and stabilise efficiently the blue scrums (Don't imagine they're gonna hunt the white ones)

2/ England tends to have more difficulties to finish matches since the beginning of the 6N. Keeping the strong values fresh for the second half (or maybe sooner if we are far behind) might be very positive.
In that domain, we sure have the habit to see team coaches daring once the team has nearly won the match or has nothing to loose. But France, on the other hand, has clearly the habit to manage matches behind the score.

France don't need a good kicker, because obviously Lievremont's gameplan will be to score tries, not to penalties. As long as the french go under the posts, even I could knock them over.

That's a pretty arrogant assumption to make and a dangerous one too given the last time the sides met it was a kicker that made the difference, it was not having a kicker that cost NZ in the 2003 world cup, it cost Leinster in the 2003 HEC, going into big games without a recognised kicker is suicidal.

That's a pretty arrogant assumption to make and a dangerous one too given the last time the sides met it was a kicker that made the difference, it was not having a kicker that cost NZ in the 2003 world cup, it cost Leinster in the 2003 HEC, going into big games without a recognised kicker is suicidal. [/b]

I agree with you and this confirms that winning the 6N is not the Top 1 priority of the new coaching team. We'll see how much time Lièvremont wait for fielding Yachvili in case les Bleus fail too much their penalty kicks.

That's a pretty arrogant assumption to make and a dangerous one too given the last time the sides met it was a kicker that made the difference[/b]

Not really imo. Wilkinson missed a kick during this game, Beauxis got a 100% and on this world cup he was more accurate than Johnny.

There was a 5 points difference at the end - the five points of the luckiest try ever scored by Lewsey ! Add an excellent defense, a miracle tackle on Clerc and a brainless/non-inventive French attack... that's why England won.

Plus this is not a world cup, but a 6 nations with a poor level of play until then... you can win a game without an excellent goalkicker, France proved that by missing many easy kicks in the two last games.

N'Tamack/Retieres have won the -21 World Cup in 2005, in final Beauxis scored all the points with his boots, I think they know quite well that at high level the kicking game is vital. But this is an post WC 6Nations, where they want to do some experience and test players... like DonBilly said I don't think that winning this one is their priority.

England will have a lot more to lose than France, the 8/9/10 have only one full cap between them, wow...

Traille is fine at 12 but Marty is not our best option at outside center, one must admit is defensively excellent.
[/b]

What on Earth do England have to lose? Even with Johnson, Back, Hill, Dallaglio, Wilkinson, Greenwood & Robinson at their peak we rarely won in Paris. Oh I forgot a two match winning run against France. Meh.

And you don't need to be defensively excellent in the backs at the moment against England, since the ball rarely gets beyond Flood.

I can't see why we are persevering with Balshaw and I personally wouldn't have picked Vainikolo for this match. Lewsey & Cueto would have been more defensively sound options, let France try to break us down playing a backline that lacks flair but will tackle anything that moves. Bring on Vainikolo & Cipriani towards the end (25 minutes) and give them the god damn ball, lets see if Clerc can tackle the big man.

Unconvinced about Wigglesworth, but he'll be an improvement on Gomersall who had his day 6 months ago, would have preferred Hodgson however. Lipman & Haskell have looked decent so far, but they need a big performance to cement their spots,lets hope we get that. Would still prefer Mears inbetween the two huge front row props over Regan, and Stevens at tighthead. It's a problem our two best prop forwards both play at loosehead for their clubs. No problem with the second row either, though Nick Kennedy should be on the bench over Kay IMO.

After the injuries incurred during the first match that gifted the match to Wales, I'll settle for mid-table this year.

I would have liked to see Croft at 6 with Haskell at 8.
I can see a lot of high kicks aimed at Balnotsure with a lot of pressure.

I think I want France to win

However if England lose it wouldnt be good

yes i definately want England to win it would be for the best

Maybe the English dont deserve to win though

Maybe neither of them deserve to win

yes a draw should be best

but that would be a boring result

what if it were cancelled

:wall: this is so frustrating who should win

ENGLAND TO WIN DEFINATELY :D

I think I want France to win

However if England lose it wouldnt be good

yes i definately want England to win it would be for the best

Maybe the English dont deserve to win though

Maybe neither of them deserve to win

yes a draw should be best

but that would be a boring result

what if it were cancelled

:wall: this is so frustrating who should win

ENGLAND TO WIN DEFINATELY :D
[/b]

lol. I'm in the same mind. Obviously i'm for England winning, but I really don't want a fluke "flash in the pan" win.

Unfortunetly, I think England's chances are slim to none. We've got as much creativeness in the back line as an X Factor winner, everything is so expected.

France haven't got it together yet, but they are probably the most formidable side to play against, especially at home.

It's do or die for England, and me thinks it will be a slow painful death in Paris this weekend. Luckily, i'll be watching the two games previous to this one, so should be pretty drunk by kick off!

My head says France, my heart says "who gives a f***", but my gut feeling is that England will win. I'll still be tipping France, but I'm second guessing myself every time I think about it.

It won't be high scoring, I reckon the teams will be separated by less than 5 points. I think France, but then maybe England :mellow:

My head says France, my heart says "who gives a f***", but my gut feeling is that England will win. I'll still be tipping France, but I'm second guessing myself every time I think about it.

It won't be high scoring, I reckon the teams will be separated by less than 5 points. I think France, but then maybe England :mellow: [/b]

:lol: exactly.

england somehow have a habbit of falling over the line when they play the lower teams like scotland and italy, but stepping up for the bigger ones, if not winning.

My head says France, my heart says "who gives a f***", but my gut feeling is that England will win. I'll still be tipping France, but I'm second guessing myself every time I think about it.[/b]

Well if thats your attitude then FINE! Whenever New Zealand play from now on, I'm just going to give it as much apathy and shoulder shrugging as a Frenchman would to an offer of a days hard work! Good day sir! :lol:

As for the game, my heart says "England babycakes!" (always) but my head says "France by a f***ing landslide!"

In a way, I'm thanking my lucky stars I'll be at work this Super-Duper-Saturday. I'll be able to skip through the train wreck that is le crunch.

My heart says France and my head say France too !!!!Because for me England sucks too vs Walles and Italy :lol: :lol: :lol: .But there very lucky so maybe...

I can't understand why Balshaw is still there !!!
In Rome did not play well and against Wales too.

Josh Lewsey is fit, i saw him playing a wonderful match against Bath, but he's not in Brian Ashton's mind.

England's players are confident, they know it couldn't be worse than is it now.

France is playing well so far. There is not a better begin like playing against Scotland.
Against Ireland they have been lucky to win, but they proved they're able to play some very good rugby.

They are not scared to play, they're not scared to make mistakes.
The Back 3 "Rougerie Clerc Heymans" are fanstastic.
The 5 front men are not good enough compared to the english side.
Trinh-Duc will be pressed by english back row.

England's on the edge against France fly-half inexperience.

England by 3

Wilkinson Man of the Match

I love how much Balshaw is getting it ripped out of him. Admittedly, he hasn't played well, but I don't know of many other quality (not saying Balls is quality) full backs (maybe cause I don't watch enough). I think Lewsey would do better though, he's got good defense and more experience. Who knows maybe Vainikolo will follow Robinson more and move to full-back with a bit of training.

If Vainikolo Vulcano want to keep dressing the white jersey, has to score try against France.
I don't think he will play as fullback in the future, but he wants to, he has to train a lot, not just a bit. He gets potential !

Latest posts