• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v England

<div class='quotemain'> France will winbecause england cannot be so lucky for so long [/b]

Really?

I just thought France will win because England suck.
[/b][/quote]

I'm with Teh. Hard to say but the fffff.. the ffffffff.. the :%#%#: french will win :cryy:
gits

As the game gets closer, I'm getting nervous and indecisive. I'm not so sure we'll win. Hopefully, the Poms will get exhausted around the 55-60' min mark, and we can twist the knif if we are in front, but if they don't ?

If Vainikolo Vulcano want to keep dressing the white jersey, has to score try against France.
I don't think he will play as fullback in the future, but he wants to, he has to train a lot, not just a bit. He gets potential !
[/b]

Completely agree with you when it comes to Lesley playing full back. I think he can do more damage from the wing.

As for the number one full back for England, its a tough one. Obvious answer is not Balshaw. Not quite sure why Brian keeps playing him. He hasn't got as many dimensions as Lewsey or Tait, you could play the experience card, but thats complete b*ll*cks as Lewsey has more caps than Balsh, and it's not like the back room staff could argue that they are testing new blood. It's all very well saying that England are starting to build for the next world cup, but can we please have some solid evidence of this, instead of playing a few new caps and keeping a few old heads.

Looks interesting, but won't be a classic.

Both teams have so far tried to mix it up in the backs, get it away from the pack. Although England have a good case for smashing the French scrum.

France have been brilliant but a bit lucky in building up their points (just a bit), while England have been less brilliant before collapsing with dizzy spells at the end of their matches.

Lots of scores, I reckon. And France's inexperience will yield to Yawny's boot.

p.s. How big of an influence is N'tamak? Is he calling the shots on strategy for the backs?

How big of an influence is N'tamak? Is he calling the shots on strategy for the backs? [/b]

Lievremont is the Head coach, and Milou (N'tamack) is as you guessed the backs coach, so I guess he has a fair bit of influence, yes. :D

As for the scrum, it's one of the heaviest French packs ever at 857 kgs, so it might be more a contest than one would think.

We clearly have the edge on the backs though.

<div class='quotemain'>
How big of an influence is N'tamak? Is he calling the shots on strategy for the backs? [/b]

Lievremont is the Head coach, and Milou (N'tamack) is as you guessed the backs coach, so I guess he has a fair bit of influence, yes. :D [/b][/quote]
Sorry, stupid question from me.

I saw N'Tamak's u-21 team on TV and they were brilliant. Just wondering if N'Tamak is the one who's really responsible for the way France are playing now. And how long will he last? Will he take over from Lievremont?

It might be a bit too early to proove it, but imo except the official heading of Lievremont, the 3 coaches really have the same vision of the game they want Les Bleus to develop.
Now maybe can exist some differences on the strategy and the means to apply for the finality, but it seems that the cohesion beetween the three is strong enough to allow common decisions

plus, Ntamack is in charge of the backs. so the great stuff we have seen coming from marty, clerc heymans rougerie and co is under his jurisdicion. you can assume he has added his vision to the game.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

Lievremont is the Head coach, and Milou (N'tamack) is as you guessed the backs coach, so I guess he has a fair bit of influence, yes. :D [/b][/quote]
Sorry, stupid question from me.

I saw N'Tamak's u-21 team on TV and they were brilliant. Just wondering if N'Tamak is the one who's really responsible for the way France are playing now. And how long will he last? Will he take over from Lievremont? [/b][/quote]

N'Tamack was in charge of Toulouse -21 Team too. Toulouse always has the culture of 'french flair' and offensive play, and as an ex-player of Toulouse and Les Bleus pre-(boring rugby from)Laporte, he's surely widely responsable of what we saw in the last games.

He will stay at least untill world cup 2011. This is really a trio in charge of the team this time, not like Laporte surrounded by Jo Maso in an obscure (useless ?) role. Lievremont was named the head coach because he's the man who gives the directive line and talks to the press but there is no true hierarchy between them I think. The fact is they know each other since a long time, they seems to have the same vision and ambition for the game. (Lievremont & N'Tamack played together for France, Retieres was already the forward coach when N'Tamack was in charge of the -21...)

If N'Tamack is doing good work as a backs coach, the last thing France need to do is make him head coach. Just let the man do his job, sit back, and enjoy. Have him take care of what he does best, let Lievremont front the operation.

Can't wait for le crunch now. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT !!!!!! C'mon les rosbeefs, COME ON !!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!!!

:%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#:

I predict murderation.

France should stuff England.

At least I hope they do so we can finally fix the national team... on a side note I see the BBC are already doing random cuts and headache inducing edits.

England get in another early try.
Good defence, that ball was read far too easily and that try was thoroughly deserved becuase france was just throwing that ball around happlessly.

Just realised Steve "I'm one of the shittest refs in the world" Walsh is the big dog in this game.

He better not ruin this game...

I'm just going to enjoy the twenty odd minutes of England being in the lead before France come back and win by twenty ka-billion points so...

*deep intake of breath*

OOUURRRAH! OOOURRRARH ENGLAND! COME ON LADS!

EDIT: Bums...Haskell is down and with a ropey ankle...ooooooooooowww, just saw the replay and that is almost as painful as David Skrela's injury in last year's 6N Le Crunch. Neither are nice to be honest and I'd never wish such a horrible injury on either player :(

Get Vainakolo involved!!!
The only time he's gonna get the ball is when France accidentally give it to him!

Let him run some angles in the midfield.

Latest posts