• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

A

Aout

France :

AVANTS (forwards) (13) : Fabien BARCELLA (Biarritz), Thomas DOMINGO (Clermont Auvergne), Sylvain MARCONNET (Stade français), Nicolas MAS (Perpignan), Dimitri SZARZEWSKI (Stade Français), William SERVAT (Stade toulousain), Sébastien CHABAL (Racing-Métro 92), Lionel NALLET (Racing Métro 92), Romain MILLO-CHLUSKI (Stade Toulousain), Thierry DUSAUTOIR (Stade Toulousain, cap), Julien BONNAIRE (Clermont Auvergne), Julien PURICELLI (Aviron Bayonnais), Fulgence OUEDRAOGO (Montpellier HRC)

ARRIERES (backs) (10) : Julien DUPUY (Stade Français), Morgan PARRA (Clermont Auvergne), François TRINH-DUC (Montpellier), Yannick JAUZION (Stade Toulousain), David MARTY (Perpignan), Maxime MERMOZ (Perpignan), Maxime MEDARD (Stade Toulousain), Damien TRAILLE (Biarritz),Vincent CLERC (Stade Toulousain), Benjamin FALL (Aviron Bayonnais)

Comments :

- Imanol HARINORDOQUY is injured.
- Cédric HEYMANS has not been selected in the list. His place has been taken by Benjamin FALL, who is currently the Top 14 best try scorer.
- All the players play in the Top 14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All Blacks eye ***anic clash with Les Bleus

Nothing less than victory will be acceptable for the All Blacks as they eagerly cast their minds ahead to Marseille and the defining match of their rugby tour.

After dispatching England 19-6 at Twickenham, the All Blacks switched focus to Stade Velodrome next Sunday (NZT) as they chase yet another unbeaten November.
At their only previous test against France in Marseille, the hosts stormed home for a 42-33 win in 2000. The French test has long been discussed as the tour 'grand final', against a side who beat them in Dunedin in June and eliminated them from the 2007 World Cup.
After a shaky test season which included four defeats and the annoying trait of being unable to decisively put away Wales, Italy and England, there is plenty riding on it. "Next week's going to be massive. Marseille is going to be pretty hostile, it's going to be a big week and the coaches have got a massive task to pick a team that'll hopefully do the business against them," fullback Mils Muliaina said. "We were disappointed early in the season with the way we played against them, now it's an opportunity for us to really get our game right. "We've gone undefeated so far and this is the big one. With all due respect to the Barbarians, this is a massive test and we're going to throw everything at this French team. "We've come a little bit unstuck with the French before so we're going to go out there and try to do it a lot better than what we did (against England). Hopefully that'll get us home."

The All Blacks coaches -- who reported no major injury concerns -- have said they would pick their strongest team for France, which could mean either two or three changes from Twickenham. Prop Neemia Tialata will likely return for Owen Franks and winger Cory Jane for Zac Guildford, despite the 20-year-old's impressive efforts in his second test which earned more plaudits from the coaches. Lock Tom Donnelly looks to have nailed down the role alongside Brad Thorn while it's another tight call between Adam Thomson and Jerome Kaino at No 6. Thomson started against England and was a big presence at the breakdown alongside captain Richie McCaw, but Kaino, who played the final 20 minutes, may be preferred against France for his physical presence. "I'm not sure if I'll be playing or not. I'd love to get out there and play the French on their home soil and have some fonder memories (than June)," Thomson said. "The French are playing really well and we've been slowly building. It's our last big one of the year and the guys are excited and we want to put a performance in so we can hit the off-season feeling good."

France have form on the board and are formidable in the rugby-mad south, as the Springboks will attest when a brutal forward display saw the hosts win 20-13 in Toulouse on November 13. Said halfback Jimmy Cowan: "Obviously it's going to be the game of the tour. They touched us up a wee bit in the early part of the year. As a team we're looking forward to it and it should be a great match."[/b]

I'm disapointed that they do not choose Yann David instead of Jauzion (or Marty) , that was the occasion to give more experience to this future strong back line ...

Have to agree that this match will be the most ***anic of the tour France bet us in New Zealand (I was so annoyed I abused a mate after a few too many), the match after we lost the World Cup. We bet them in the last game, however that was in NZ and it was pretty unconvincing. France has gained momentum by destroying the formor #1 team South Africa, so no doubt the All Blacks will have their work cut out for them.

This should be a very good game, and I hope it will be entertaining with alot of running Rugby.

Seeing the performance against boks , i would not be so sure about that ...In the mean time , knowing France is not always handling their own confidence very well over several matches , you could be right ;)

We just learned that Benjamin FALL is injured as well, and Lièvremont decided to call Yann DAVID back. Now there is only one proper winger among the 23, Vincent CLERC. Maxime MEDARD might start on the wing, but he's not really a winger, he always play full back in his club. It's gonna be hard on next Saturday.

A good option would have been to include HEYMANS in the list.

Louis Picamoles? I thought he played well against SA, strange they dropped him especially considering Imanol is injured.

Picamoles is injured, was already uncertain for next week-end, and his absence is now certain.

Prefer to see Yann David than Benjamin Fall. A pure winger will miss but glad to see a solid man like Yann instead, as All Blacks will put an incredible physical pressure. From our last visit, they are aware that we can not only prevent them to devellop their game, but also to take the place for our.

Can't wait for the match
Don't know if France is already a ***anic, but the iceberg is black for sure !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 22 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's happened to Malzieu?[/b]

He had a lot of physical problems along the year so he is not at 100% but i think we will maybe see him again for the 6N ...

For informations , he has played for the french 7's team at dubai in last June ...this guy has played for french 7's team before playing for french rugby union team .

I think that without Picamoles and Harinordoquy it is going to be a pretty different match that the one with SA.

It's weird to think that France for once are favorites, and even more as they are receiving the All Blacks in the Velodrome...

Have only seen highlights of the Wales and of the England game, but there's a definite statement to be said here, the only impressive things those ABs have to show at the moment are :

- Dan Carter: best kicking, great vision, simply the best and most complete fly-half in the world
- Richie McCaw: best open-side flanker, tackler, ball-stealer, a wonderful player, maybe the only one today ahead of Dusautoir on this category of player.
- Mils Muliaina: great back, one of the most skillful in the world

Apart from those 3, there isn't any major threat... ABs are still in my eyes a (little) bit favored by refs, and Kiwis forward have received half the yellow cards they deserve, on certain times... on certain occasions, "Richie roll away!!!!" makes more sense than "tackler roll away!!!" :))

I think it will be a close win for France, remember once seeing on TV a former France-international saying "when they aren't playing in black, they're really not that impressive..."

Hope he's right :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's happened to Malzieu?[/b]
out of form and under pressure in club, as Rougerie (captain) and Nalaga (best try-scorrer, monster hands-off) are un-droppable

I havent been impressed with New Zealand to be honest ........... but that is in comparison to their usual lofty standards. Add to that the fact that they havent really been pushed out of 2nd gear so far and its probably fair enough.

This is going to be a damn fine game though. heres hoping France get the grunt aspect of it right again as they did against SA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 22 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seeing the performance against boks , i would not be so sure about that ...In the mean time , knowing France is not always handling their own confidence very well over several matches , you could be right ;)[/b]

Well predicting this match's fate I did not mean French guys have to work on their confidence but anyway I agree you: I was astonished by French losing match against Pumas on RWC 2003 after triumph over ABs

and also I did not mention about the very unpleasant for ABs tradition whereby Les Bleus always manage to jump over ABs ;)

Indeed everything is possible

The match gonna be fascinating I think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aout @ Nov 23 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We just learned that Benjamin FALL is injured as well, and Lièvremont decided to call Yann DAVID back. Now there is only one proper winger among the 23, Vincent CLERC. Maxime MEDARD might start on the wing, but he's not really a winger, he always play full back in his club. It's gonna be hard on next Saturday.

A good option would have been to include HEYMANS in the list.[/b]
Why isn't Haymans in the team? He scored an amazing try against New Zealand last time.

My money is on the All Blacks. We have been getting better each game, even if it is at baby steps, and I think France will push us to either a good performance, or a terrible defeat. I wouldn't rate France as favourites, as the last AB side they beat was less then a shadow of the current AB side, with no McCaw and Carter. The match should be very interesting to say the least.

My money is nowhere because France are involved. Looking at form - France beat the ABs in the summer, they beat South Africa which the ABs cannot do, and they looked far more impressive against Samoa than Wales did. New Zealand look quite average at the moment. On form I'd back the French. However, the chances are the French will now go on and not turn up at all.

No doubt this is the biggest game of the autumn. I'm very nervous about this. Abs stuck in second gear and the French tippng up SA makes for an interesting game.

Latest posts