• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Wales

Not a bad looking team at all,
Is the Welsh announcement tomorrow? I imagine they'll have an unchanged 22, with the exception of AJ (as Draggs said above)

Yep lunchtime tomorrow.

Im with Noves on this one. Reckon he might have a shot at coaching France after the WC Charles?

Would love to, but a very few chances for him as he's a lot too independant and his mind speaker.
System (FFR maily) won't call his name as it would mean reconsidering their positions and policy. Should I remind that Lievremont's been called precisely for the opposite profile (no coach experience, obedience, maleability).

France coach Marc Lievremont apologises to his players[/URL]

Untill after the game, where he'll hate them again, and claim how the French have always hated Welsh and have done ever since the Normans couldn't occupy celtic lands.

Of course on the eve of the WC warm up's, he'll love his players again.....Untill they lose......rinse and repeat.

Reckon Gatland will go with Stoddart start George North bench (or vice versa)

Gutted that Shane's gonna miss his "Final" 6 nations game :( :( Although he aint played massively amazing, but he's a huge influence whatever his form.
North and Halfpenny for the Wings. Really don't think Stoddard should play, gonna need someone a bit bigger and a bit better in defence to play the french, even if they are blowing a bit hot and cold :S ah well, we'll see the announcement on thursday i guess

Last edited:
At least Shane went out on a win (not saying Wales will lose this match, just that his last match was a win)

True true, I just meant the 6N

Here's hoping Wales do better than usual at the WC, without getting further than England ;)

ML has named Clerc and Palisson on the wings. Halfpenny and North will crash them like HMS on Kelly Brown.

Clerc is for me the best wing in Europe !

Pallisson is a good wing, he showed his talents against Toulouse with Brive the last weekend.

PS : I'm sorry but I have a poor english, but I want to progress so I post in english's forum ^_^

Clerc is for me the best wing in Europe !

Pallisson is a good wing, he showed his talents against Toulouse with Brive the last weekend.

PS : I'm sorry but I have a poor english, but I want to progress so I post in english's forum ^_^
Welcome to the forum!
Clerc has still got bags of talent, he showed this with his try against Italy

Thank you :)

Yes Clerc is very talented ! For anecdote, Vincent Clerc is my neighboor in Toulouse, he lives with his wife (the Noves' daughter).

PS : Again, sorry for my poor english and my poor vocabulary

Last edited:
Don't apologise - your English is better than probably all our French! ... Well maybe apart from Charles.

Back on topic - I thought we were naming our side at 1??

Clerc is clearly not the best winger in Europe... he is the best in France (I consider Médard as a fullback) , I agree, but in Europe... he was really good before his injury, now he is on his way to be as good as before, but in my mind we can find better than him... still, I love this guy, great finisher indeed. Cueto, Halfpenny, Bowe, S.Williams, or Ashton (even if I hate that guy), and others, can claim to be the best too. It is a useless debate.

Don't apologise - your English is better than probably all our French! ... Well maybe apart from Charles.

Back on topic - I thought we were naming our side at 1??
It's been bumped back to tomorrow because of Shanes injury (don't get why it takes 24hrs to phone North and say "Want to play?" "Yup" "Good.")

Latest posts