• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Wales

It's been bumped back to tomorrow because of Shanes injury (don't get why it takes 24hrs to phone North and say "Want to play?" "Yup" "Good.")

I don't know this player. Where he plays ?

Shane Williams is a player important for Wales, without him it's not the same team (and the same match :( ) !

Last edited:
George North is going to be the player running over Palisson at quarter to 8 on Saturday night... :p

Oh and also, we have 6 Tries For - unless it's an Irishman doing the stats...? ;)

George North is going to be the player running over Palisson at quarter to 8 on Saturday night... :p

I'm sorry I don't understand "at quarter to 8 on Saturday night" I translated into French but it means nothing.

lol thank you, I am very bad in english :(

I saw the North's caracteristics, he is very impressive for his age !

Palisson's defence is ****, seriously. Despite all that's been written against him, it was the game for Lenny Kravitz.
I really don't understand what ML has against Malzieu, probably the best winger in the Top 14 nowadays. But yet again, so many things I don't understand about ML...
I really prefer Médard as a wing than as a FB, but I seem to be the only one around. Besides, there aren't many good FB's out there.

I think the game will be decided on the support around midfield. France's centres will probably be lacking support given their tendancy to "just go forward". To win, Wales need to make that ball slow and, above all, not to give the ball away through kicks.

Wales: Lee Byrne, Leigh Halfpenny, Jamie Roberts, Jonathan Davies, George North; James Hook, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees (C), Adam Jones, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton, Ryan Jones
Replacements: Richard Hibbard, John Yapp, Jonathan Thomas, Rob McCusker, Dwayne Peel, Stephen Jones, Morgan Stoddart

well no surprises in the team really. As i've ranted previously (since i joined the forum :p), Wales are gonna miss Shane hugely but to be fair North as a replacement aint exactly that much worse (some would argue that of late North has been better than Shane).
Gonna be interesting to see the "style" of game Wales will adopt on Saturday (not that they've actually played in a particular style of late). I hope they don't try and play the power game, seeing as france (in form or not) will (and always) have a bigger set of forwards. Another big performance by the pack again will have a huge effect on the game. If Wales can have consistency in possession, then hopefully the backs will click.
I think that the inclusion of Adam Jones is positive (he's obviously kept his weight and pleased Mr Gatland). I think Mitchell has showed to be a "solid" cover for Adam, but I think everyone would agree that he is our number one tight head. Big game for him as well to solidify that Scrum.
I for one cannot frikin wait, but hopefully i wont be too p!ssed by 7.45 (looks like i'm gearing for an all dayer after uni work hand in 2morro :D)

North reads the game better than people give him credit for. He's not Shane yet, but he's more likely to spark something from the wing than Stoddart or give a scoring pass, even if he doesn't run the support lines. I'm glad to see him have a shot at some world-class players again, even if there aren't as many as there could have been. (Can any French members tell me where Cédric Heymans is? I've always been a big fan of him and Vincent Clerc.)

Heymans is still playing for Toulouse, but he's not as efficient as before. I'm a huge fan too, he has still good moves, but his main abilities were based on acceleration, vivacity... now he has lost a bit of efficiency, but he is still a great player, always looking to make his partners play better. But he is more used as a substitute by Guy Novès at Toulouse, and we'll never see him again with France I'm afraid... a great guy, talented, but have always been really humble, always looking to play for the team and not for himself only.

As for North, I've seen him when you played South Africa, and I'm looking forward to see more. Seems to have a huge potential. But I'm really sorry for Shane Williams, he is one of my favourite player ever, I hope he will make a great World Cup, what a tremendous player!

As for the match, I think we won't show any improvement in offence, but we will be present. For what I know, training sessions have been really serious, and our aggressivity will be better than last game. French players want to show they are not cowards, as Lièvremont said earlier.
It will be hard for us if you manage to score a try or more during first quarter of the game. Crowd will be impatient, if we don't play a good rugby they will be far from being supportive, they could cheer for Wales if we show poor things. And it will be really tough four our guys on the pitch if they feel the crowd letting them down.

Anyway, I hope it will be a great game, even if Wales wins. I won't be affected if we actually try to play rugby, at least.

I hope it will be a great match too !

Wales has the game for thwart France.

Our set of forwards is very good but our centers (Traille and Marty) worry me. I don't understand ML, for me Fritz (for exemple) is better than Mary or Traille in center.

If Wales wants to win the match, they should play with their centers and their wings.

Anyway, good luck to France and Wales !! :)

Wales gameplan should be easy: Hook, Davies and Roberts getting both french centres together and then the ball reaching the wing for North to run over Palisson. The french backrow will have a lot of work to do if they want to in this game.

Btw, I'm glad Adam Jones is back, probably my favourite tighthead. The scrums will be interesting (if M. Joubert allows it) with him facing Domingo.

Going to be an interesting time upfront both good props so we shall see.

Wales need to use Davies-Roberts combo more creatively for it to be affective, they have a good chance of doing this tomorrow. Still believe this is going to be a good game to watch.

For once, I have no problem with Gatland stoking the fire. The French have all the motivation they need already, so there's no chance of it backfiring on him this time.

I'm just hoping we try and play a little rugby in this game. Winning ugly using boring tactics just doesn't really appeal to me, although it's still better than loosing a great game of rugby, such as the WC exit to Fiji. We need to see signs of improvements in the areas that's been lacking, especially centre, and making space for our wingers. So far, the wingers have had almost no space to work with, and the centres haven't really fired / brought into the game. Roberts has gotten over the gainline almost every time he's recieved the ball, but if we can get him or Davies into a little space, then they won't just cross the gainline, but leave it in their dust. Finally, I want to see some patience from the team. Go through the fazes, suck in the defense before spreading it wide, if it's not on use Roberts or Davies to take it up and re-set. We haven't seen much of this so far, instead we've been kicking after just a few fazes. Kickinf to france is never a good idea.

I'm confident our forwards will do well. France have a good set of forwards, but there's nothing there we can't match imo. Harinordoquy poses the biggest threat imo, it's important we keep him reletively quiet.

I'm hoping for a good game, I'm sure we won't be dissapointed.

Would not write off the French if I were Gatland, they are the only NH side that can turn up and beat a SH side at the mo.

Latest posts