• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Quarter-Finals

Wow, I am so glad I decided to watch the Munster vs Toulouse game. First time I ever saw a penalty shootout in Rugby other than on rugby 08. So close Munster rooted for them but their kicking coach needs to reassess his situation lol lost them the game. Kicking practice for the whole team for the whole of next week.

Loved how Toulouse played with two 9s at one point. Both Du Pont and the other scrummy were going for the ball to pass but eventually, Dupont became a flanker and just secured the ball for his Scrummy. Can think if there is enough chemistry then two scrum halves might be a thing.

Loved how Toulouse played with two 9s at one point. Both Du Pont and the other scrummy were going for the ball to pass but eventually, Dupont became a flanker and just secured the ball for his Scrummy. Can think if there is enough chemistry then two scrum halves might be a thing.
It's not infrequent in France for SHs to double as as FHs, and often play together.
It kinda needs to be planned though, with each knowing his role.

Absolutely sickened by yesterday but that is sport. We had chances to win but well wasn't to be. Can't fault effort especially our younger lads. Toulouse were worth winners and cant complain. Also must give Luke Pearce a shout out. Was superb yesterday as a ref. All you can ask from officials is consistency and good communication. He was brilliant yesterday and hope he gets final.

Just seen mentioned about Zebo. He didn't go off for HIA. He went off for cramp and anyone at game could see he was crippled for a long time before that. And Conor Murray was ready to come on long before that bang. We had clearance from officials. Also just to note even if Murray had not come on he could still be nominated as penalty taker. It is any 3 from 23 the ref informed us. I even think Ntamak didn't finish game either and still kicked.
Not too up to date on penalty rules but again we followed ref instructions.

Anyways last word also for POM who was MOTM and well not sure if it showed on cameras but literally pushed body to limit.
Best of luck to Toulouse Leinster La Rochelle and winners of today.
And well I suppose we will rest up and go again in URC

Wow, I am so glad I decided to watch the Munster vs Toulouse game. First time I ever saw a penalty shootout in Rugby other than on rugby 08. So close Munster rooted for them but their kicking coach needs to reassess his situation lol lost them the game. Kicking practice for the whole team for the whole of next week.

Hardly kicking coach or anyones fault. Lads practice anyway but all just got hit with pressure yesterday, after 100mins of rugby legs tire and well on another day could have been opposite result.

Yeah I'll be hurting about that loss yesterday for a while. Atmosphere was electric and I can't fault the players. I said it before but the rendition of Zombie for the added time was class. So many shoulda woulda couldas, but how many times have those things gone our way luckily in the past? Can't complain. O'Mahony has been special in the last while. Also thought the ref was very decent.

All in all I think our squad is looking seriously promising. Lads like Kendellen and Ahern can be the centre of this team for years to come.

Feel bad for Healy in particular. Not an easy position to be in.

He didn't go off for HIA. He went off for cramp and anyone at game could see he was crippled for a long time before that. And Conor Murray was ready to come on long before that bang. We had clearance from officials. Also just to note even if Murray had not come on he could still be nominated as penalty taker. It is any 3 from 23 the ref informed us.
How did Murray come back on, then?
He'd been subbed off - I thought you could only come back on for HIA or Blood (unless you were a front rower)? If Zebo went off injured surely Munster should've been down to 14?

The ref said to the captains the kickers had to be on the pitch at the end of the game, when he asked them to name the three, but no one really seemed to be all the certain cause it was such an unusual situation - he might have just been asking if they were physically on the pitch at that moment, to take the kick

How did Murray come back on, then?
He'd been subbed off - I thought you could only come back on for HIA or Blood (unless you were a front rower)? If Zebo went off injured surely Munster should've been down to 14?

The ref said to the captains the kickers had to be on the pitch at the end of the game, when he asked them to name the three, but no one really seemed to be all the certain cause it was such an unusual situation - he might have just been asking if they were physically on the pitch at that moment, to take the kick
Only saying what was told. I looked after Zeebs. He wasn't faking injury. He was crocked but with cramps. No HIA even done. We got clearance. And no 100% I was there when they said kickers are from 23. And we wouldn't have even known that before final whistle in e/t that Murray had to be on.
I think possibly in extra time subs for injuries can occur because we had all our front row constantly warming up too.
Again I not 100% as it was all new but did Ntamak finish game?

Also it is unfair if we had to go down to 14 due to genuine injury. Like after 100mins. Like it must have been ok as Toulouse didn't even argue it or raise eyebrow.

Thanks for the write up muffin and the clarifications. It does seem weird but if you are told you can do it you should do it.

Thanks for the write up muffin and the clarifications. It does seem weird but if you are told you can do it you should do it.
Again not saying I 100% right. Alot were confused even on penalties process. But look it was new for us all. And no arguments from our camp

I just checked again and Murray for Zebo was definitely marked as a HIA by the refereeing team - BT sport infographic said blood sub, buy Pearce and the 4th official say it's a HIA
Ntamack wasn't subbed according to the EPCR timeline, he played the whole game

Doesn't really matter though cause aren't HIAs like a minimum of 10mins or something? Zebo went off three mins before the end so it couldn't have been reversed before the kicks

I just checked again and Murray for Zebo was definitely marked as a HIA by the refereeing team - BT sport infographic said blood sub, buy Pearce and the 4th official say it's a HIA
Ntamack wasn't subbed according to the EPCR timeline, he played the whole game

Doesn't really matter though cause aren't HIAs like a minimum of 10mins or something? Zebo went off three mins before the end so it couldn't have been reversed before the kicks
Well he did have blood. But can 100% say (from being there) his main treatment was left calf. Like we definitely weren't pulling fast one as we were clueless on rules. Like Zebo was not even dazed don't understand why it would be HIA. No assessment was done.

On Ntamack. He probably was on I thought he was off but again it was irrelevant. Just to note we had 5 kickers as we originally thought it was 5.
3 lads who stepped up, Barron and DDA

Also it is unfair if we had to go down to 14 due to genuine injury. Like after 100mins.
Thing is other teams have or kept players out who would otherwise have been subbed as it meant going to 14 or even less. Was that not fair on them?

What a match though, I bet you're proud to have been a part of it. If not, you should. Was really something. All the best for the URC.

Thing is other teams have or kept players out who would otherwise have been subbed as it meant going to 14 or even less. Was that not fair on them?

What a match though, I bet you're proud to have been a part of it. If not, you should. Was really something. All the best for the URC.
Different story after extra time like we needed to use all 23. And as I said we didn't even know how to pull fast 1 never mind try it. If we wanted Murray back on as fast 1 would of sacrificed a Earls as Zebo could kick better if sudden death.
On your piint that is relating to normal time. Confusion was for many in extra time

Latest posts