• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 1, Round 3 (Castres v Ospreys, Saints v Leinster)

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Heineken%20Cup.png

Pool One, Round Three
Castres.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Ospreys.png

Northampton.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Leinster.png

Recording the Osprey's game tommorow to watch it after work, both Ardron and Hassler starting once again. They could really use a win though, they are pretty much done if they can't pull this one out.

Other match in the pool could be a scintillating encounter, bet there's a former member of the forum who is licking his lips at Saints getting Leinster at home LOL.

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Mike McCarthy
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Martin Moore
19: Leo Cullen
20: Shane Jennings
21: Isaac Boss
22: Jimmy Gopperth
23: Zane Kirchner

Like the team, hopefully we'll see some good stuff form the boys in blue. Tough tough rounds ahead, really decides who wins the pool. oh and Owens is reffing which is fantastic.

Castres are favs to win at home. Ospreys owe their supporters a big game though. I'm actually going with The Ospreys to suddenly kick it up a couple of gears, Rounds 1 and 2 are still going to be hurting them.

Saints vs Leinster - Saints are easily England's best shot at the ***le and at home with Hartley just playing out of his skin, I think Leicester's rivals are going to put the tigers in the shade and flatten Leinster's nose.

Northampton Saints: 15 Wilson, 14 Pisi, 13 Waldouck, 12 Burrell, 11 North, 10 Myler, 9 Dickson, 8 Dickinson, 7 Dowson, 6 Wood, 5 Lawes, 4 Manoa, 3 Ma'afu, 2 Hartley (capt), 1 Waller.
Replacements: 16 Haywood, 17 Waller, 18 Mercey, 19 Day, 20 Clark, 21 Glynn, 22 Dickson, 23 Elliott.

I'm going to trust MO'C with this he should have some idea about how to beat Northampton by this stage. No Foden, Corbiesero or Pisi is good for us. Given or team selected I expect the plan is to run them around the pitch. I'm a bit worried about D'arcy given his recent punishment and his age.

Argghhhh Osprey's, two men up a try to win and couldn't push it through. Good phsyical effort but boy were both teams sloppy. Lot's of knock on's passes went nowhere at times(think I saw three passes thrown straight into touch at least), line breaks featured almost no support runners and not a surprise that tries were non existent.

What channel will the saints and Leinster game be on ?

Argghhhh Osprey's, two men up a try to win and couldn't push it through. Good phsyical effort but boy were both teams sloppy. Lot's of knock on's passes went nowhere at times(think I saw three passes thrown straight into touch at least), line breaks featured almost no support runners and not a surprise that tries were non existent.

Exactly why I gave up on it!!

What channel will the saints and Leinster game be on ?

Sky Sports 2 at 17.45...........Munster's usual spot!!

Rumours abound that Cian Healy is in a pub in Dublin on crutches. I guess you could say that rules him out! Jack McGrath is likely to start with Michael Bent on the bench.

I thought that was true about everyone in a Dublin pub...............?

Big loss if true but McGrath has done his job well so far.

Healy & Boss out. McGrath starts at 1, with Bent coming onto the bench, as does Cooney.

Be good to see how BOD goes in this and whether the Saints can continue their fine form at the Gardens.......wish I was at the Crooked Hooker Piggy!!!

Latest posts