• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Quarter Final Matchups

Ulster vs Saracens
Clermont vs Leicester
Toulon vs Leinster
Munster vs Toulouse

- huge, huge task for the Toulousains. If they pull out one of those true Toulouse form ones, they're in for the 1/2's. They can of course be quite dire and miss their performance and go home with regrets knowing they could have at least given themselves a true chance. Will be one humongous ***anic battle.

- Toulon vs Leinster. Only fair, both loaded with superstars, Toulon getting the home advantage for better Pool result.

- Clermont to beat the Tigers, but a Tigers squad I respect and have had pleasure watching. Two big, big scrums, and two teams with a nice backline too. Should be such a pleasure, esp. considering the stakes.

- Ulster vs Saracens: who gives a fk, it's all British Isles. :p haven't seen Ulster play, I like the Saracens personally but will enjoy discovering some Ulster Rugby. Good luck to both.

If we were heading to Clermont I would say no chance but seeing as its Toulon who have been a little on and off this season we can do it but its awhile off now.

I'm taking chances, but I'll say this:
Toulouse, Toulon, Clermont, Ulster.

Anyones game really a slight advantage playing at home but these sort of games its 80 mins and thats it, so a little luck, good bounces, the interception a crap refereee who knows anything can happen, but Clermont and Toulon for sure Toulouse if they play well as Munster are not the side of old but still very good at home, and got to go with Ulster its not exciting but very efficient, they know how to win.
Just one thing if Sarries were to beat Ulster they get a home game probably against Clermont they qualify last and get a home game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! curious, no wonder changes are needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey trying an ipad i got as a gift...i dont even know if im quoting you gaston well have to see the result but yes Munster are leading the rabo i believe its going to be quite a task for toulouse and this may sound premature but with dusautoir out til next christmas theyll be lacking a lot of the leadership they so desperately need. Couldnt have come at a worst time, that bicep fkup....who knows hopefully hes back in april. Toulouse really need to get their heads right before the match and they should be alright. As youve said you never know in sports and all those factors weighing in...but if they can at least play a truly competitive game thats all any fan can ask. They just really cant mess this up like they have some matches this year..but theyve usually shown up big time for the big time.

Anyones game really a slight advantage playing at home but these sort of games its 80 mins and thats it, so a little luck, good bounces, the interception a crap refereee who knows anything can happen, but Clermont and Toulon for sure Toulouse if they play well as Munster are not the side of old but still very good at home, and got to go with Ulster its not exciting but very efficient, they know how to win.
Just one thing if Sarries were to beat Ulster they get a home game probably against Clermont they qualify last and get a home game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! curious, no wonder changes are needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A) No semi finalist gets home game only they're allowed play in home country. B) How is that unfair it's a bloody open draw.

A) No semi finalist gets home game only they're allowed play in home country. B) How is that unfair it's a bloody open draw.

Sorry but you are wrong, (there is nothing bloody about the draw) last season if Montpellier had beaten Clermont of course we did not, we would have played at La Mosson Montpellier where Clermont beat Munster last season its all to do with ground capacity, Clermont ground does not hold 25,000 the min limit for a semi eg if Edinburgh had a home draw semi they would be able to play at home in Murryfield. Please get your facts right and this aggressive attitude is something else, smile and do a good thing every day, and the world is a better place!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad these game are after the 6nations from a Leinster perspective, coming out of a Joe Schmidt camp hopefully high on confidence. Very similar to the first Saints game, Toulon are their for the taking but our second row will need to step up.

If it is unfair that Saracens could get a home draw in the SF because they became last, wouldn't it also be unfair if Ulster who came first could not get a home draw?

If it is unfair that Saracens could get a home draw in the SF because they became last, wouldn't it also be unfair if Ulster who came first could not get a home draw?

without a doubt, Ulster were unbeaten in the pool stages and deserve a semi home game if they beat Sarries.

Sorry but you are wrong, (there is nothing bloody about the draw) last season if Montpellier had beaten Clermont of course we did not, we would have played at La Mosson Montpellier where Clermont beat Munster last season its all to do with ground capacity, Clermont ground does not hold 25,000 the min limit for a semi eg if Edinburgh had a home draw semi they would be able to play at home in Murryfield. Please get your facts right and this aggressive attitude is something else, smile and do a good thing every day, and the world is a better place!!!!!!!!!!

Montpellier's home ground is the Stade Yves du Manoir is it not? Most teams cannot play the semi-final on their home ground regardless of capacity, Munster would have to play a home semi final in Lansdowne road for example despite Thomond Park having a 26,500 capacity. To keep the match somewhat neutral the game can't be played in the teams home stadium.

you really have no clue my facts are right a team can't play in their home stadium. Really for a guy involved with Montpellier you don't seem to know facts.

I think you're both wrong. Get your facts straight. A team can only play in their home stadium if it's been appointed that they should when they beat a team who isn't playing in their home stadium after they've lost and advanced to the 1/2 F when they win. *Facts straight* That's when a team plays in its stadium, and only in those circumstances. Get your facts straight people. The facts.

Montpellier's home ground is the Stade Yves du Manoir is it not? Most teams cannot play the semi-final on their home ground regardless of capacity, Munster would have to play a home semi final in Lansdowne road for example despite Thomond Park having a 26,500 capacity. To keep the match somewhat neutral the game can't be played in the teams home stadium.

Leinster playing at the Aviva in 2011 or Toulouse playing at the Stade Municipal and Biarritz at the Estadio Anoeta in 2010, Cardiff at the Millennium Stadium in 2009 or Leicester at the Walker's Stadium in 2007 were hardly keeping the matches "somewhat neutral".

Leinster playing at the Aviva in 2011 or Toulouse playing at the Stade Municipal and Biarritz at the Estadio Anoeta in 2010, Cardiff at the Millennium Stadium in 2009 or Leicester at the Walker's Stadium in 2007 were hardly keeping the matches "somewhat neutral".

Club: Leinster
Home Stadium: Royal Dublin Society
Not Home Stadium: Lansdowne road

Club: Toulouse
Home Stadium: Stade Ernest Wallon
Not Home Stadium: Stade Municipal

Club: Leicester Tigers
Home Stadium: Welford Road
Not Home Stadium: Walker's Stadium

Club: Cardiff Blues
Home Stadium: Cardiff Arms Park
Not Home Stadium: Millenium Stadium

Club: Biarritz
Home Stadium: Parc Des Sports Aguiléra
Not Home Stadium: Estadio Aneota

Does that suffice, or do you want to continue to argue with someone simply stating ERC rules?

I think you're both wrong. Get your facts straight. A team can only play in their home stadium if it's been appointed that they should when they beat a team who isn't playing in their home stadium after they've lost and advanced to the 1/2 F when they win. *Facts straight* That's when a team plays in its stadium, and only in those circumstances. Get your facts straight people. The facts.
Name once a team has played in home stadium

Club: Leinster
Home Stadium: Royal Dublin Society
Not Home Stadium: Lansdowne road

Club: Toulouse
Home Stadium: Stade Ernest Wallon
Not Home Stadium: Stade Municipal

Club: Leicester Tigers
Home Stadium: Welford Road
Not Home Stadium: Walker's Stadium

Club: Cardiff Blues
Home Stadium: Cardiff Arms Park
Not Home Stadium: Millenium Stadium

Club: Biarritz
Home Stadium: Parc Des Sports Aguiléra
Not Home Stadium: Estadio Aneota

Does that suffice, or do you want to continue to argue with someone simply stating ERC rules?

You're completely missing the point. All of teams playing semi finals at those venues were home matches. Toulouse playing in the Stade Municipal is hardly "somewhat neutral" is it? That's a home game.

Latest posts