• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy Licensed - Official Screenshots

Mirco Bergamasco looks to be the best likeness so far. Any ideas if the Stadio Flaminio will be in the game?

It's a step back because for most of the time they worked without having a publisher to finance them. The progression of previous games happened because they had EA Sports backing them up...
Feel you probably hit the nail on the head there

EA released a FIFA WC game. That game, within months was bargain shelf fodder. And that is a great ***le. I still play it.

HB release a RWC game. That game, within months will be bargain shelf fodder. And it could be a great ***le. If it is, i will still play it.

My point is that, no matter how many modes, teams, or depth it has, a tournament game has a short lifespan no matter how good the actual game is.

I play Fifa WC 2010 because it is a great game. I'll play RWC 11 hopefully for the same reason.

What would be disappointing is if this game is a genuine hit, and they did not want to release a licensed club edition.

Just because you like many things, it doesn't mean that if you chuck them all together in a pot, it'll make a good outcome.

Guess you have not read or chosen what you wanted to read from reviews :)

Guess you have not read or chosen what you wanted to read from the HB team.

All in italics are quotes from HB_AJ replying throughout the forum. I put a few of the words in bold which I think illustrate my previous point.

The success of these special moves is driven by the relative stats of the players involved in the contest. We have not introduced new animations for this element of gameplay.

Note that these are easy to perform on Easy level, even with forwards as ball carriers and this is by design. Remember, our goal in tuning the Easy difficulty level is to give people who are new to Rugby and who don't know the difference between a fly half and a prop a chance at early success in our game.

Yup. You're penalized for playing your players out of position. This is by design.

We've made changes to the way the scrum half picks the ball up from the back of the ruck, this has not been changed significantly on scrums.

We've been prototyping rolling mauls since pre-Rugby 08.

In the absence of real time animation in Mauls, there's not a huge leap forward that we'd be happy to move into production and that would not devolve into a mini-game contest that is inaccessible to players outside of the hard core. The jury is still out on whether physics based animation systems can support the number of real time simulations required to have than number of players in a dynamic maul.

We have focused on getting the core of our gameplay working on this generation of consoles - which we're confident we've been able to do.

Dynamic mauls and rolling mauls remain on the feature wishlist, but still haven't moved beyond prototyping into a feature that was greenlit for production.

Does a new animation for the sidestep provide a new and improved mechanic or support our goal of fast, flowing, fun rugby gameplay? No.

Now this moves from the realm of animation replacement to a new feature. This is on our list, but as it's still a presentation issue it didn't make the cut this year.
I eagerly await your reply.

I eagerly await your reply Cymro.

By not making the guy black, they're basicly saying all black people look alike.

Would I be correct in assuming you're not purchasing a copy, nor have any intention too?

I get that impression...

can you make the aussie scrumhalf black and change his name to will genia?

Looks like Ireland will officially have the smallest stadium in the 6 nations then. Good luck to the Italians, I hope they can fill it.
the aviva is one hell'va stadium for the home team though and probaly the most threatining in the 6n i prefer it to croker personally.

bit anoyed as an irish soupporter that 2 of the teams in irelands rwc pool are probaly not licensed (well the wallabies definetley aren't anyway and rc have the license to the eagles but i don't know if it is exclusive)

By not making the guy black, they're basicly saying all black people look alike.
Actually laughed out loud when I read that!!Seriously, I can not wait for this game, and hope it does well enough that they get the support that they need to produce a sequel which gets loads of the wish list items in!

Guess you have not read or chosen what you wanted to read from the HB team.

All in italics are quotes from HB_AJ replying throughout the forum. I put a few of the words in bold which I think illustrate my previous point.

The success of these special moves is driven by the relative stats of the players involved in the contest. We have not introduced new animations for this element of gameplay.

Note that these are easy to perform on Easy level, even with forwards as ball carriers and this is by design. Remember, our goal in tuning the Easy difficulty level is to give people who are new to Rugby and who don’t know the difference between a fly half and a prop a chance at early success in our game.

Yup. You're penalized for playing your players out of position. This is by design.

We’ve made changes to the way the scrum half picks the ball up from the back of the ruck, this has not been changed significantly on scrums.

We've been prototyping rolling mauls since pre-Rugby 08.

In the absence of real time animation in Mauls, there's not a huge leap forward that we'd be happy to move into production and that would not devolve into a mini-game contest that is inaccessible to players outside of the hard core. The jury is still out on whether physics based animation systems can support the number of real time simulations required to have than number of players in a dynamic maul.

We have focused on getting the core of our gameplay working on this generation of consoles - which we're confident we've been able to do.

Dynamic mauls and rolling mauls remain on the feature wishlist, but still haven't moved beyond prototyping into a feature that was greenlit for production.

Does a new animation for the sidestep provide a new and improved mechanic or support our goal of fast, flowing, fun rugby gameplay? No.

Now this moves from the realm of animation replacement to a new feature. This is on our list, but as it's still a presentation issue it didn't make the cut this year.
I eagerly await your reply.

I eagerly await your reply Cymro.

Ah good on you, have a merit really impressed. Selective reading, congratulations. I was rather talking about the game reviews (which have all said there has been an improvement) and not questions answered by AJ ... I await your response eagerly ...

Last edited:
i feel the same as rhyer, but will be buying this game, as i think he will,we just want the best game of rugby,thats all,and of course we want it to do well.
as long as we get this and see the rugby w/c, before comet elenin,all good.

open beta for the next 1?, then again you would get feedback overload lol.

Right... Its a shame certain people can't get their heads around how different the scenario is with this game and rugby 08... Or even FIFA WC.Its so simple. FIFA WC had pretty much an unlimited budget. Biggest sporting event in the world, backed by biggest video game publisher, probably with the biggest development team behind it (for sporting games).. Compare this with rwc11 and you have got a relatively small team who up until recently had no publisher, and therefore a relatively tiny budget.At the end of the day, they didn't have to make a game.. God knows there's **** all profit in it, particularly now that there's two coming out.if you don't like it, or don't think its worth it, don't buy it. Its sad to say that, but really, hb would like more depth I'm sure. Bit it obviously wasn't viable. So don't harp on about it not having enough teams/Competitions etc as you're not bringing up anything new or constructive.As a part time poster, full time reader its fricking annoying to trawl through the whinging in each and every thread.Good day

Not quite sure what that post was meant to add, If you aren't willing to listen to other peoples opinions I suggest you don't read them!I understand why the limitations exist, just voicing my concerns for what it will mean for the game. I will definitely be buying and have always said so, and hopefully they will have the support they need next time. In my opinion they have not necessarily used there resources to best with the best focus, but that's just my opinion, and I can't wait to get my hands on the game!Chill!!

Excellent. Everybody is happy then. We can now talk about what IS in the game.And FYI that post wasn't necessarily directed at you, more at the abusive moaners....although your one was annoying.

Ah good on you, have a merit really impressed. Selective reading, congratulations. I was rather talking about the game reviews (which have all said there has been an improvement) and not questions answered by AJ ... I await your response eagerly ...

Selective reading on your part. I said about recycled animations and passing which people didn't want. Those quotes were backing up the point that the animations have been recycled. Your point about reading the reviews was in response to that. I fail to see how the reviews, which I have read, state anything different from HB_AJ about the animations.

Selective reading on your part. I said about recycled animations and passing which people didn't want. Those quotes were backing up the point that the animations have been recycled. Your point about reading the reviews was in response to that. I fail to see how the reviews, which I have read, state anything different from HB_AJ about the animations.

You are on a different wave length sunshine.

You are talking animations and how the game itself is not an improvement on Rugby'08 ... people who have played it say its better.

You are on a different wave length sunshine.

You are talking animations and how the game itself is not an improvement on Rugby'08 ... people who have played it say its better.

4yrs later and next-gen ... i bloody hope so.

how much better? we'll never know until play it r selves

Right... Its a shame certain people can't get their heads around how different the scenario is with this game and rugby 08... Or even FIFA WC.Its so simple. FIFA WC had pretty much an unlimited budget. Biggest sporting event in the world, backed by biggest video game publisher, probably with the biggest development team behind it (for sporting games).. Compare this with rwc11 and you have got a relatively small team who up until recently had no publisher, and therefore a relatively tiny budget.At the end of the day, they didn't have to make a game.. God knows there's **** all profit in it, particularly now that there's two coming out.

The situation you describe applies to Sidhe and HES as well. Yet look at the difference in the quality of the products they have produced thus far. I saw the leaked Beta Vid and have compared the screenshots and the difference is just embarrassing.

I hope the HB game flops and then HES and the "real creative professionals" over at Sidhe can cannibalize their licenses and we'll finally get a complete rugby game.

Latest posts