• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v Ireland

Please Chris White, please start ignoring knoclk ons or send of enough props so we can just have stupid tretend scrums. :(

Paging Johnathan "I'm a knob" Kaplan to the Italian-Irish scrum...I repeat, paging Johnathan Kaplan to the Italian-Irish scrum...

Switched this game off with 10mins to go, I was loosing the will to live. A mistake ridden game, not much either team can take out of it, appart from another good display from Heaslip, Wallace and Bowe.

I thought Italy really got to Ireland today, they should have gone into the break in front (like last year against Wales), then the entire match fell apart after the break, Ireland didn't want to be there, they were loosing players left right and centre, and just wanted the game to end without further injuries. Italy, just weren't good enough to get back into the game after Wallace scored. Depressing from both teams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 15 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stringer made a big difference.

No further comment.[/b]
yeah, thought O'Leary was poor today, he needed to provide quicker possetion from rucks, but just sat around while the ball was sitting there. Bit too indesisive today.

I think Heaslip would make a good winger!!! The guy has insane pace when he gets going!

He and Powell are remarkably similar. Both strong and powerful, but both have great turns of speed and great feet. Looking good for the Lions at no 8.

Powell and Heaslip a shoe in for Lions 8.

People may say "one trick pony" for the pair of them but..lets step back and think about this for a moment, fast crash,bang,wallop is what a number 8 is meant to do!! Enough with the "total rugby" BS!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 15 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He and Powell are remarkably similar. Both strong and powerful, but both have great turns of speed and great feet. Looking good for the Lions at no 8.[/b]
Good call. Powell has been on fire this season whereas Heaslip is just coming into form. If Powell looks to give a pass more often rather than blindly barrelling ahead, he'll start in South Africa. Two great options for McGeechan.

5 Up:
1.The Irish backrow was immense.
2. They racked up a big score despite playing well below par
3. Fitzgerald's quick thinking
4. Further game time for D'arcy
5. No tries conceded

5 Down:
1. It was a borefest
2. O'Gara's mistake ridden 1st half (he picked up significantly in the 2nd half)
3. The scrum was a shambles
4. Kearney's ankle still seems to be troubling him
5. Lineout wasn't as good as it should be (not bad but not great either)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 15 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 15 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He and Powell are remarkably similar. Both strong and powerful, but both have great turns of speed and great feet. Looking good for the Lions at no 8.[/b]
Good call. Powell has been on fire this season whereas Heaslip is just coming into form. If Powell looks to give a pass more often rather than blindly barrelling ahead, he'll start in South Africa. Two great options for McGeechan.

5 Up:
1.The Irish backrow was immense.
2. They racked up a big score despite playing well below par
3. Fitzgerald's quick thinking
4. Further game time for D'arcy
5. No tries conceded

5 Down:
1. It was a borefest
2. O'Gara's mistake ridden 1st half (he picked up significantly in the 2nd half)
3. The scrum was a shambles
4. Kearney's ankle still seems to be troubling him
5. Lineout wasn't as good as it should be (not bad but not great either)
[/b][/quote]

No Tries Conceded

How can you concede tries to a side who doesn't know how to score ???

Ireland did his pretty good job against a very poor team.

For the italian medias the second half was a massive effort by the Irish to take the azzurri in their own half.......so you can immagine how the italians understand rugby :huh:

I appreciated the game because it showed how many difference there is between a good international side and a poor local one. Ireland played a compact game. Italy finished the fuel at 38th minute. That's All.

Congratulations and thanks because you did help us to understand once again we're not able to play this level. That's so important because a lot of people (also the Italian Rugby Union President Mr Dondi) belive that we can beat anybody :D

Latest posts