• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jake White wants to coach the Springboks after RWC 2011

I don't think Brad Thorn is a thuggish player. Also, the only incident he is known for wouldn't have happened if Smit didn't provoke it. He is ugly though.

In the paper today today I lold at the NZ lineup, had their ages 28,28,28,27,28,26,29,24,28,35

Brad Thorn???...

Theirs a reason why no-one has brought up his name as dirty and thats cos he isnt. Weve seen dirty and its not Thorn.

one high tackle is all there was worthy of mention there and not even a bad one, smaller player stepping on the inside its the kind of thing that happens especially defending on your goal line. I had forgotten that one though, still not a dirty player but not as a clean a slate I had thought I will admit.
Calling the first tackle high and taking out that dummy runner (not a shoulder charge) dirty really is an exercise in pedantry, notice the lack of reaction from crowd and players. The first tackle sparked a slight blip in crowd noise but nothing like when they've seen a high tackle. I think this has proven you've got nothing and are clutching at straws/butthurt over the Smit spear

one high tackle is all there was worthy of mention there and not even a bad one, smaller player stepping on the inside its the kind of thing that happens especially defending on your goal line. I had forgotten that one though, still not a dirty player but not as a clean a slate I had thought I will admit.
Calling the first tackle high and taking out that dummy runner (not a shoulder charge) dirty really is an exercise in pedantry, notice the lack of reaction from crowd and players. The first tackle sparked a slight blip in crowd noise but nothing like when they've seen a high tackle. I think this has proven you've got nothing and are clutching at straws/butthurt over the Smit spear

Geez guy , you asked for evidence and then call it not bad , did u see the last one ? Forget the shoulder charge and the first attempt at taking off the opposing players head. There is more you know , do u want all the vids ? I even recall in this years S14 against the Stormers , he elbowed one of the stormers players , just before a drop kick I think. I am sure I can find the clip somewhere or upload it for you.Where is your proof ? I have mine

You really have no concept of critical thinking do you.
So because you have provided what you consider to be evidence of view I automatically have to accept it? That's not how it works, I also don't need to provide evidence that he isn't a dirty player the burden of proof lies with you I'm afraid. I will say again, neither of the first two tackles were dirty play at all, the third was a moderate high tackle. If Giteau didn't flail around like such a pussy it wouldn't have even been a penalty, in fact you can see on slow motion he definitely fakes it. Thorns arm makes impact with the shoulder also you may have noticed

I don't think Brad Thorn is a thuggish player. Also, the only incident he is known for wouldn't have happened if Smit didn't provoke it. He is ugly though.

he's a 35 year old tight forward, he is supposed to be ugly :lol:

If you want "no concept of critical thinking" go browse through the posts at keo.co.za sometime.

You'll find more conspiracy nuts on there than at a "Grassy Knoll Witnesses Convention"

Not only is there a total lack of critical thinking, there is actually not a lot of thinking, period!

Haha i think you guys just got him confused with Bakkies! Il admit they look very similar!

But seriously, http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/tri-nations/features/520430/Brad-Thorn-From-hellraiser-to-family-man Hes far from a thug and i cant think of any reason why you would think he is..

I am sure he is a cool guy off the field , hell evens Bakkies is extremely religious off the field and extremely humble (from the few times I met him anyway) but on it they both mean ********.

So because you have provided what you consider to be evidence of view I automatically have to accept it? That's not how it works, I also don't need to provide evidence that he isn't a dirty player the burden of proof lies with you I'm afraid. I will say again, neither of the first two tackles were dirty play at all, the third was a moderate high tackle. If Giteau didn't flail around like such a pussy it wouldn't have even been a penalty, in fact you can see on slow motion he definitely fakes it. Thorns arm makes impact with the shoulder also you may have noticed

How about basing your opinion on facts ? Look at the tape , its a high tackle , it warrant a yellow card , it was his second one in one movement , this is like me saying Schalk gently rubbed the Lions players face , its not about how high his high tackle was or how injured the guy got , its about intention , the fact that he cannot execute the foul probably is his problem.

It wasn't intentional and it was the first high tackle, this year it would have been a card in the past they often let accidental reactionary high tackles go with a warning and a penalty. You can't compare eye gouging with a high tackle, stop trolling. Only women should use their finger nails

Please guys. Give this rubbish a rest now. It's getting really stupid and petty.

You can't compare eye gouging with a high tackle, stop trolling. Only women should use their finger nails

I have to admit high tackles are sometimes accidental and happen quite frequently as oppose to eye gouging.

But like Jer1cho said it is getting.....no where. Lets move on brothers, 'next'..