• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals: New Zealand - France, 3rd test

Losing games in NZ against the All Blacks has never ended a coach's contract. If we take another hiding it could put pressure on PSA, but not on the league or on the IRB. I think that if we put in a good performance, manage to stay in the game until the end and lose by little, it will be considered an ok tour by the FFR and the management (not by the fans, who aren't even watching these games).

On a side note, solving the "foreign players" issue is very complicated in France for reasons that go well beyond rugby. Clubs are organizations as any other, who can't discriminate on nationality. Civil law (as in France) is a lot less flexible than common law (as in most of the former British Empire). Add to that that most french fans would choose club over country, I don't think there will be a "solution" (I use the quotes because for many people there isn't actually a problem) any time soon.

Losing games in NZ against the All Blacks has never ended a coach's contract.

Well if it did, there would be a awful lot of coaches out of a job!!

Its been 27 matches against eleven different countries in nearly four years since the All Blacks lost a test match at home!

On a side note, solving the "foreign players" issue is very complicated in France for reasons that go well beyond rugby. Clubs are organizations as any other, who can't discriminate on nationality. Civil law (as in France) is a lot less flexible than common law (as in most of the former British Empire). Add to that that most french fans would choose club over country, I don't think there will be a "solution" (I use the quotes because for many people there isn't actually a problem) any time soon.

While the Kolpak and Bosman rulings do prevent employers from restraint of employment in individual cases, there is nothing in European Law that prevents the FFR from attacking the problem from the other end. There is no law whatsoever preventing the FFR from making a competition rule for the Top 14 that states each club must ensure that a given percentage (say 70%) of the playing 23 in any given match are players who are eligible for France selection. There is also nothing to prevent the FFR from having a condition on selection for France that the player must play in the Top 14 or the Pro d2 in order to be eligible for selection.

While the Kolpak and Bosman rulings do prevent employers from restraint of employment in individual cases, there is nothing in European Law that prevents the FFR from attacking the problem from the other end. There is no law whatsoever preventing the FFR from making a competition rule for the Top 14 that states each club must ensure that a given percentage (say 70%) of the playing 23 in any given match are players who are eligible for France selection. There is also nothing to prevent the FFR from having a condition on selection for France that the player must play in the Top 14 or the Pro d2 in order to be eligible for selection.
I know, I'm talking about French law.

I know, I'm talking about French law.

Are you telling me that it would be illegal under French Law for the FFR to not consider players who play their rugby outside of France?

If so, I find that very difficult to believe. For starters, how could they possible enforce it?

I suppose this match is a little overshadowed by the big Wallabies V Lions match afterwards but being a kiwi I'm exited for this game. I see this going one of two ways, either it will be a big win for The All Blacks or it will be really close either way, i'm leaning towards a big win for NZ but with France you just never know. Looking forward to seeing Luatua, Todd and Piutau make their debuts off the bench it's also good to have Carter back but I'm hoping Barret(depending on how things go) gets a decent amount of time at 1stfive.

Well if it did, there would be a awful lot of coaches out of a job!!

Its been 27 matches against eleven different countries in nearly four years since the All Blacks lost a test match at home!

http://www.frenchlaw.com/Immigration_Visas.htm

Are you telling me that it would be illegal under French Law for the FFR to not consider players who play their rugby outside of France?

If so, I find that very difficult to believe. For starters, how could they possible enforce it?
That part would be possible, though totally useless (very, very few french players play abroad).
Limiting the number of foreign players could only be done through a FFR/LNR/clubs agreement. As the clubs are against it, the others won't be able to impose it, as a court of law would rule against it (would be discrimination against foreign players).

Now, to the game. Is PSA the most borign tactician in international rugby? Tales' K/P/R will end up being something like 20/1/1.

France: Biggest bunch of chokers when attacking our line i have ever seen. How many chances to these guys need to score a try!?

France: Biggest bunch of chokers when attacking our line i have ever seen. How many chances to these guys need to score a try!?
I don't think we will score any from close in. Only chance is counter attack or a line break from further back.

As I type, Talès kicks it again.

Huget is out of his depth at international level from what I've seen... just unable to do anything going forward.

I'm not actally sure that was a knock on... There is no such thing of "control" of the ball in the laws of the game.

Poor half so far. France have been the better side I reckon. Crockett has given away about 5 penalties, cheers Wyatt.

You get da feeling da blacks have gotten a can opener and theyre about to open a can of whip..if the French can starve them of pill and not let da blacks get into their rhythm, that'll be great. Keep the score close and low, more droppies, halfback take a bit more time on his penalty kicks and the French might jus win.

By the way Sam, yesterday I was checking out the "Samoan New Zealander" wikipedia article, and I saw your avatar there. For a moment I thought there was a photo of you in the article, then I realized that your avatar is not actually you.

By the way Sam, yesterday I was checking out the "Samoan New Zealander" wikipedia article, and I saw your avatar there. For a moment I thought there was a photo of you in the article, then I realized that your avatar is not actually you.

Haha - it's Samoan New Zealand MMA fighter Mark Hunt.

Latest posts