McCaffrey
Thacker (has had game time there)

Development squad:
Owen (Eng U20 on loan to Doncaster ATM)

Academy
Evans (Eng u18)
Reffel (Wales U16)

Thanks @Tigs Man

Looking at the fall out from the England world performance, the game developing into a more attacking type, and the constant talk of needing breakdown operators from SH commentators and now Eddie Jones: I am hoping this is all pointing towards all the Prem sides developing and using more natural 7s, and seeing them as essential for the game type.

Historically the Prem has not really had this type of play, I.e. Robshaw, Wood, Haskell, even Salvi too are probably more the 6/6.5 that is talked about so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Tigs Man

Looking at the fall out from the England world performance, the game developing into a more attacking type, and the constant talk of needing breakdown operators from SH commentators and now Eddie Jones: I am hoping this is all pointing towards all the Prem sides developing and using more natural 7s, and seeing them as essential for the game type.

Historically the Prem has not really had this type of play, I.e. Robshaw, Wood, Haskell, even Salvi too are probably more the 6/6.5 that is talked about so much.

Until our refs are stricter about the breakdown then ultimately 7s won't be quite valuable enough. We produce out and out 7s, we import out and out 7s, we value the concept but we're simply not following the same breakdown interpretations as the rest of the world - too much time allowed for the clearout often imo, too much tolerance of players not staying on their feet on both sides - and that means they're not as properly needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
7/6/8

Was signed as 7 cover for O'Connor originally.

But has been so good been put @ 8.

Surprise of the season for everyone ATM.
Doesn't look like a 7, for my money.

Really like him, though - far better at 8 than Crane.

Doesn't look like a 7, for my money.

Really like him, though - far better at 8 than Crane.

He has been very good.

I'm one of the ones who like Crane but Leicester game is so much more dynamic with McCaffrey carrying.

He is also learning to control the ball at back of the mail and scrum.

Heading to the game Sunday with tickets standing in the Holland & Barrett stand and was wondering how early should I get there to secure a decent spot?

Heading to the game Sunday with tickets standing in the Holland & Barrett stand and was wondering how early should I get there to secure a decent spot?

Ermm depends gates open @ around 2 hours before kick off players usually arrive @ around then to 1 1/2 hours before kick off and go through the middle of the crumble to get to the changing rooms so if you want to chat or something that would be a good time.

Generally wouldn't arrive later than an 1 hour before kick off and then depending on who we are playing it can be busy.

And do not let people (esp the older brigade) try and give crap about usual spots, crumble is first come first serve, I have had a run in with some before and they are soooo up their own arse.

Hope your players are jet lagged.

I always go around a hour before mate. Also advice get the 2pint option at tigers now days :)

So tigs & other tigers fan do you think we will get top 4. I think it's going to be close but I reckon we might just do it. In my view anymore than 1 lost in the coming games could cost us. Saracens home & sale away have to be both wins. Saints away will be tight

Ermm depends gates open @ around 2 hours before kick off players usually arrive @ around then to 1 1/2 hours before kick off and go through the middle of the crumble to get to the changing rooms so if you want to chat or something that would be a good time.

Generally wouldn't arrive later than an 1 hour before kick off and then depending on who we are playing it can be busy.

And do not let people (esp the older brigade) try and give crap about usual spots, crumble is first come first serve, I have had a run in with some before and they are soooo up their own arse.

Hope your players are jet lagged.
Cheers for the advice.

I can't see us winning especially after last weekends game.
I always go around a hour before mate. Also advice get the 2pint option at tigers now days :)
Cheers for the advice.

Tigers announced the death of Seru Rabini aged 37 this morning at home in Fiji after a suspected heart attack. RIP

Tigers announced the death of Seru Rabini aged 37 this morning at home in Fiji after a suspected heart attack. RIP

Shocking news, one of my favourite players to put on a Tigers shirt, a true gent.

I remember him and Alex v Glous it was a thing of beauty.

RIP Rabini. He spent a season with us back in 2003-04. Top man passing away too soon.

Latest posts