• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Clemont Auvergne

Is that Kearney with the leg/ankle in a splint?

EDIT: Yup, hopefull it's not too serious/just precaution

They bring the wingers in to sprint onto James' inevitable DG attempt

No need! Missed it! Bet Shaggys heart was in his mouth watching that

Scoreline sums up the match, both teams played well, cracking too watch, Leinster just edged it out

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two in a row here we come.

Well Leinster can be thankful that James' kicking was horrendous tonight. Good win though and a brilliant match.

What a game. Brock James has had probably the worst game of his career. Could and should have won that game for Clermont.

I didn't see the game but was reading the live updates... sounds like James did Leinster a favour tonight. Gotta kick those goals at this stage. I must be honest, I thought it was Clermonts year this year. Well done Leinster.

Oh, and while we're here:

Johnny Sexton is the best 10 in Ireland

Whoah some match, hard to watch at the end, Shaggy looked well off the marker tonight but I suppose that's to be expected, also Cian Healy can't scrummage. What was the penalty count in the end, I think it was something like Leinster 11-3 Clermont when I last looked which is crazy.

Wow, well done Leinster. Perfect QF win really; Seriously tested, areas of weakness have been identified, but a good performance nonetheless.

James choked. Spectacularly. Sexton never fails to step up. Pity ye had to take off Van Der Linde, the scrum was solid up till then.

Shaggy was poor, BOD and Heaslip were excellent. Mcglauchin was great, hope he keeps this for up until the summer, poor old LEamy might not get a shout in the backrow if him and O' Brien deliver on their massive potential.

Congrats Leinster

Congrats to be able to take more than 11 penalties including high tackles, technical mistakes in rucks, without taking a yellow but just polite and sweet warning while Clermont, on a single action can immediately take one...

Of course Brock James...

Last edited:
Congrats Leinster

Congrats to be able to take more than 11 penalties including high tackles, technical mistakes in rucks, without taking a yellow but just polite and sweet warning while Clermont, on a single action can immediately take one...

Of course Brock James...

Are you complaining that Floch shouldn't have gotten a yellow for stopping a certain try?

No, I accept it can be interpretated as a voluntary action.

I just notice that Mr Pierson isn't has patient when he's giving a yellow to Floch, after a very serious and clean match from Clermont, than with the repetitive (technical ones on ground) and sometimes dangerous mistakes from Leinster (more than 13 penalties...).

A great part of today's defeat is in Broke James bad performance, but a small renains in this disbalance.

Talking about Broke, I don't want to put the blame on him. He was awfull in scoring kicks, but the rest of his game (kicks and pass) were brilliant. I think a great responsability is in Vern's or Parras' hands who insist to make him score, despite we could see that he was in a black day. It's one thing to give a man to reenter a game and confirm the confidence we have on him, it's another to remain blind to the signals that no more can be changed on a day's performance. Moreover Parra showed with Les Bleus that he reached an international level in scoring stats, but today I think he prooved he was not mature enough to take the game in hand and disload Broke.

Last edited:
What a game; 'twas an absolute classic. The better team lost but I don't care!

The atmosphere in the stadium was the best I've ever witnessed in person. Hopefully l'ASM take home the Top 14 ***le - it's the least their fantastic team and support deserve.

Lads just back in after watching game. Well done Leinster and well Sexton got kick back fair play.
Well thinking back now what are points:
- Heaslip is by far the best 8 in world. He was like a bull tonight and regardless of it been for Ireland or Leinster he always delivers.
- Cian Healy i'm afraid isn't going to be the great hope we were looking for in Irish rugby which is a slight worry.
- Clermont forwards really showed bottle tonight and well in a sense they're efforts deserved to be rewarded.
- Brocke James is a bottler and I not basing that on tonight alone, all Top 14 pressure games and last year in H'Cup QF. For last attempt at DG he was bang on in front of posts but was scared rotten to go back in pocket and take responsibility. Then forced his pack to go to right of posts and make angle SLIGHTLY more difficult yet bottled kick.

And how can Mr.cyclopede question ref, he gave enough penalties to win 2 Qf's to clermont fact was ye didn't have balls to play at top table in business end of season.

But congratulations to LEINSTER in a hard-fought game.

I forgot to say but that match was far better than most matches in the Six Nations. God I love the Heineken cup.

Latest posts