• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Ospreys

Oh b***ocks, Jonny Vaughton, there must be a better option? How's Bowe at fullback, not sure I've ever seen him play there. Still think switching Hook to fullback with Dan Biggar at outside half and Gareth Owen on the bench would have been the best option, if only that Bowe could stay on the wing so that useless s**t Vaughton wasn't playing.

It's a strong pack starting, which should give Muster a run for their money, but Holah has gotta turn up this time, unlike v Sarries last year where he was taught a lesson. That backline isn't as strong as usual which is a bit of a worry, but the Ospreys have gotta get Shane Williams into this game for once, he's the one player who could win this for us.

Hooks gotta kick his goals, and we've gotta get Parker, Bishop, Ryan Jones and Tiatia running at O'Gara, get over the gain line, then unleash Williams and Bowe out wide.

It's possible to beat Munster, and if anyones going to do it it's a Magners league team. I believe Munster don't hold the same aura to the rest of the Magners as they do to the Guiness premiership and Top 14 teams. Afterall we play them sometimes when they're not at their best, and the other big thing, we've beaten them plenty of times. I know Munster are a different beast in the HC, but we can't treat them that way!

Tommy Bowe isn't a natural full-back. Considering he played wing during the whole of the Six Nations, and was one of the star players for Ireland, it seems stupid to move him from his natural position ;) Do the Osprey's not have anyother full-backs? Hook would be a better idea playing there than Bowe.

No the Ospreys don't have any other natural fullbacks! Thay've been using either Johnny Vaughton there (who's just sh*t full stop, but not as exposed on the wing), or Gareth Owen who's one of the most talented youngsters coming through, but is a natural fly-half. It's a bit of a problem area for a team who boast they have the best strength in depth of any team in Britain!

Lee Burne is a huge loss and if Bowe has a solid game he'll have done well. I don't get why they didn't just move Hook, as it's obvious he's got the required skills from his games for Wales v SA. We've got excellent cover at outside half in the form of Biggar and Owen, it seems the more obvious choice, wither that or just start with Owen at fullback, who's been ok there in the last few games. Is this yet another c*ck up by Holley and Humphreys?

The Rugby Club summed it up the best: The Ospreys are a team of great individuals and Munster are the greatest team in the land. Stuart Barnes thinks the Ospreys don't have a chance, and if the EDF semi is anything to go by, I'm inclined to agree with ol' Stu.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 10 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Rugby Club summed it up the best: The Ospreys are a team of great individuals and Munster are the greatest team in the land. Stuart Barnes thinks the Ospreys don't have a chance, and if the EDF semi is anything to go by, I'm inclined to agree with ol' Stu.[/b]
Ospreys have some world class players and so do Munster but like Barnes said the team is the important thing. The thing that I admire about Munster is how they used to rely on their underdog status and use that as their motivation. Now they are the top-boys they still have that focus and determination.

Sky are saying that Shane Williams is a doubt with a groin strain, for me he didn't look quite right last week in the EDF semi final so whether he was carrying the same injury then would explain a lot, but either way he'd be a huge loss on top of Henson and Byrne.

So far the best "team" has been Ospreys, not Munster.

Long way to go, mind.

Edit: As he says that...

Oh dear Barnes reffing

Hahahaha Mike Phillips has very tanned legs!

Dont think its a try either ... held up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 12 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Paul James just layed out Donwey or Dowley (sp) ha lucky to be on the pitch![/b]

Dowling, but he's made a great start to the match as well, hugely involved so far.

Good to see at last a linesman being an assistant ref there with that penalty to the Ospreys.

Hook has missed another penalty!

Latest posts