• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

POWERGEN CUP FINAL

L

loratadine

dwayne peel and lee byrne will miss the game, but mark jones and alix popham are back in after picking up injuries

Scarlets Team:
15. Barry Davies; 14. Mark Jones; 13. Matthew J Watkins;
12. Regan King; 11. Dafydd James; 10. Mike Hercus;
9. Clive Stuart-Smith; 1. Phil John; 2. Matthew Rees;
3. John Davies; 4. Inoke Afeaki; 5. Adam Jones;
6. Simon Easterby ©; 7. Gavin Thomas;
8. Alix Popham
Replacements:
16. Martyn Madden; 17. Aled Gravelle; 18. Vernon Cooper;
19. Dafydd Jones; 20. Liam Davies; 21. Gareth Bowen;
22. Garan Evans

This game is live on the beeb isn't it?

Should be a good one, I'd expect Wasps to clinch it in the end but you never know with Llanelli.

the scarlets will be an immense team next year, with stephen returning

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 02:32 PM
the scarlets will be an immense team next year, with stephen returning
I presume you mean Jones. Well they'll certainly be a good side next year, and that makes for a tasty Celtic League given that half the league would be capable of winning it! It'd be good for them to win the powergen cup, to show that the Celtic sides aren't useless.

Wasps to grind out the result. I don't see it being a thrilling match for some reason, but I think they'll have too much up front.

I doubt Wasps will care about this one too much (it being a mikey mouse tournament, n'all), so I doubt they'll firld a full strenght team.

They'll still be far to much for the Welsh though.

the side they fielded against the tigers didnt look second string.

ass bandet

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 05:03 PM

ass bandet
1, There's no need for name calling like that, especially when your the queer one.

And,

2. There's a bit more pride between Wasps and Leicester, IE the top 2 clubs in the UK, over a mid table celtic league side.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 08:10 PM
not mid table for long you f***ing ******
What's got up your arse? No need for it really...

Wasps will win, I don't think the Scarlets will be able to match them up front.

i just think people are writing of the scarlets way too quickly and it ****** me of that this compo has had no repect from anyone.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 08:36 PM
it ****** me of that this compo has had no repect from anyone.
It's the equivilant of taking away the FA Cup, and trying the sell a competition such as the League Cup in its place. What do you expect? English fans used to like seeing the smaller clubs go head-to-head with with the Premiership giants, and the clubs themselves prefer to focus on other competitions. It doesn't have anyones full respect at the moment.

It is very much like the C and G trophy in cricket, they took away the 'open to all clubs' KO format.

For a money making group system, just like the 'gay' Champions league.

It takes away money and exposure for minor amateur clubs and gives it to new members such as the welsh regions.

Is your own cup and HEC not good enough?

BM

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 05:03 PM

ass bandet
First of all, calm down.

Secondly, you can't even spell a basic word. It's bandit, not bandet.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if the Scarlets could scrape 4th in the CL this year...they've just been off the mark for too long. No one is saying their not a good side, they're just saying that the Wasps are better...which is true.

Seriouly, just learn to accept that Wales aren't an all powerful dominating rugby nation!! Calm down and accept other's opinions and people might stop having a problem with you.

I just think Wasps are too good at these big matches, and I expect them to win, but I can Scarlets pusing them at times in the backs.

Changing the competition robbed the fans of the lower clubs, and only served to ring-fence the top clubs. The tragedy is that there won't be any repeats of Pertemps Bees beating Wasps away, or when Waterloo beat Bath in the early '90s. Quins probably would have pushed the GP teams if it had stayed in its original format.

The only reason Sunday's final will be interesting will be to see if Wasps can actually win a tournament by being the best team in it and trying to win every game, unlike the past three years' Premierships.

the reason the scarlets have been mid table for so long is that they has likt foru games in hand on everyone, the scarlets should finnish above the gunners.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 6 2006, 10:40 PM
the reason the scarlets have been mid table for so long is that they has likt foru games in hand on everyone, the scarlets should finnish above the gunners.
You keep harping on about these games in hand, but they need to win them don't they? Also, it's only 3 in hand. And who are those games against? Munster will beat them, Leinster should beat them and Ok, they should take 4, maybe 5 against the Ospreys. So at best they'll probably only get 5 points from a possible 15. Then they also would need to beat us at Murrayfield, which only the two best sides in the league have managed thus far. Then of course, we'd need to loose almost every game from here on in.

Your predictions are cack anyway, so I take whatever you say with a pinch of salt.

Latest posts