• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Rd 15

Friday will be strange with the 6pm kick off, but I can think of worse than a Friday night double bill.

Sale will want to bounce back, but might have a task with Exeter visiting.

Bristol's visit to Gloucester will be interesting. We barely saw anything from Radradra or Piutau against Saracens but I expect they'll get a bit more room to play on Friday. It'll be curious to see how good Gloucester are against 15 as I thought Worcester were well in the game until the red card.

I'm hopeful Quins can build a bit of momentum after a decent performance last Friday but we rarely beat Sarries away.

Be interesting to see what side we put out with the short turnaround for the Wasps game after

Love a double header and gonna be a nice relaxing weekend, leading into the games.

My guess for this week...
Exeter by 5 (Away Win)
Bristol by 10 (Away Win)
Wasps by 10 (Home Win)
Quins by 3 (Away Win)
Saints by 5 (Away Win)
Tigers by 3 (Home Win)

Hard to predict as teams are still lethargic and slow to react to rules. I think teams will be more varied and younger players will be seen. Who knows what the results will be.

Wasps side... younger and definitely B team. Exciting to see T Willis, Vellacott, Barbeary, Cardall and Oghre in team as young talents. Plus Mills Debut Vs Wuss ;)Wasps.PNG

Ef2-sZ0X0AQTkEA

Great to see Sam James in, but surprised at no other changes - at the very least AJ should be starting.

I'm guessing we've got an eye on the short turn around for the Wasps game and had the team sheets drawn up way in advance

Ef2-sZ0X0AQTkEA

Great to see Sam James in, but surprised at no other changes - at the very least AJ should be starting.

I'm guessing we've got an eye on the short turn around for the Wasps game and had the team sheets drawn up way in advance

Looks like we will put out a full strength side against you then?. Does seem odd especially as almost guaranteed Exeter will get top 2 and realistically we are the ones you will want to be competing with.

Looks like we will put out a full strength side against you then?. Does seem odd especially as almost guaranteed Exeter will get top 2 and realistically we are the ones you will want to be competing with.
Yeah, it's a weird one - I mean we're at home vs Exeter but it's not like we've got to put on a show for the crowds or anything....
Looking at the schedule our short turn arounds are away games, so i guess we're prioritising our strongest team for at home regardless of who we're playing (bar the Quins game, which i imagine they thought they'd hit the ground running and snag a win - one away win, and then win the rest of the home games and top 2/4 is done and dusted).

Hell with the way we played vs Quins maybe our strongest side is our B team - all the lads who came off the bench played better than the starters.

Yeah, it's a weird one - I mean we're at home vs Exeter but it's not like we've got to put on a show for the crowds or anything....
Looking at the schedule our short turn arounds are away games, so i guess we're prioritising our strongest team for at home regardless of who we're playing (bar the Quins game, which i imagine they thought they'd hit the ground running and snag a win - one away win, and then win the rest of the home games and top 2/4 is done and dusted).

Hell with the way we played vs Quins maybe our strongest side is our B team - all the lads who came off the bench played better than the starters.

Many strange decisions haha. It feels like us and Wuss have forgotten which night the B team is playing or both agreed to play youngsters across the board. Should mean an interesting high scoring game. Hopefully home advantage will help as listening to Paul Hill last week, he said Wasps travelling made loads of noise to make up for lack of crowd.

depends on what side Exeter put up as maybe they are looking at their QF with Saints. Reckon both Saints and Sarries will do the same. So maybe the sharks smell blood in the water ( thank you :) ) and want to try and snag an unexpected 5 points.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SALE SHARKS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds (capt)
9 Jack Maunder
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Jonny Gray
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Jacques Vermeulen
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Sam Skinner
20 Jannes Kirsten
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Tom Hendrickson

Few changes for chiefs, but mostly the same:
Ef29ooNXgAAG29c

I was going to copy/paste from their website but realised the list they put up didn't match the paragraph above - I think they accidentally put last weeks side up again, so I went to twitter for the picture version instead

Few changes for chiefs, but mostly the same:

I was going to copy/paste from their website but realised the list they put up didn't match the paragraph above - I think they accidentally put last weeks side up again, so I went to twitter for the picture version instead
Good spot. Strange as some of it's this week's team (Whitten, Cuthbert, Vermeulen) and some last week's (Hepburn).

Good spot. Strange as some of it's this week's team (Whitten, Cuthbert, Vermeulen) and some last week's (Hepburn).

Maybe made that mistake you sometimes do where you press send on a text or email half way through haha

Olyy- Last week you said you wouldn't take any Quins player over the SAle ones. What about this week?

Ef2-sZ0X0AQTkEA

I'm not at all sure how RdP survived the axe ... I don't mind as it's one less gaping whole in my fantasy team.

Hard to predict this one. I'm not sure whether it'll be an arm wrestle where two big, nasty packs will cancel each other out or whether we'll see a bit more rugby with two talented sets of backs (except Cuthbert).

I also said Quins would win, but go off I guess

images
I'm not sure what you mean, maybe you misunderstood me.
I was wondering if you would have any Exeter players over SAle players this week.

I'm not sure what you mean, maybe you misunderstood me.
I was wondering if you would have any Exeter players over SAle players this week.
Oooooooooooh, I just presumed you were a gloating Quins fan because your club badge isn't displaying :p

Hogg vs Hammersley = Hogg
Cuthbert vs McGuigan = McGuigan (Cuthbert the better finisher but McGuigan more well rounded/less likely to cost his team/country a game...)
Slade vs James = I plead the 5th....
Whitten vs Manu = Manu
Woodburn vs Yarde = Woodburn
Simmonds vs RdP = Simmonds
Maunder vs Faf = Faf
Simmonds vs DdP = DdP
Vermeulen vs Curry = Curry
Ewers vs Ross = ......tough one, they're differen't types of blindsides. I've always like a big marauding beast of a 6, but Ross is a big favourite of mine, soo...... see James vs Slade
Hill vs Lood = Lood
Gray vs JLdP = Gray
Williams vs WGJ = WGJ
LCD vs Akker = LCD
Moon vs Oosthuizen = .....no idea, I don't really know a whole lot about Moon other than he's a pretty old school type of prop (which I have a lot of time for). If he can go into a scrum without giving away a penalty then I'd have him over Coenie atm

Yeandle vs Langdon = Yeandle
Keast vs Harrison = Harrison? Literally never heard of Keast
JCW vs Francis = JCW (though I hate Francis, so willingly admit this is my most biased pick)
Skinner vs Philips = Skinner
Kirsten vs Curry = Curry
SHC vs Cliff = If Cliff is in his pre-lockdown form then Cliff, but probably go SHC on the whole
Steenson vs AJ = AJ (close, though - I like Steenson a lot and AJ is coming back from a long time off through injury so hard to say what kinda form he's in)
Hendrickson vs Solomona = Solomona

Exeter: 9
Sale: 12
I refuse to pick: 2

Paper vs Paper means sod all though, and Exeter should be pretty comfortable favourites