• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for HB Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: What current improvements are you looking to make regarding passing the ball? In previous games it was all very "magnetic". Will we need to time our passes better, like the tendency we have seen in recent FIFA games?

q1. Please try and find a way to scroll down faster when you are going through a team list for example- when you want to replace a team member of a national team it takes ages to get to the backs
q2. Try to fix randomize the bounce of the ball when it's punted as it seems to roll a ridiculous amount when kicked at side stance.

q1. Please try and find a way to scroll down faster when you are going through a team list for example- when you want to replace a team member of a national team it takes ages to get to the backs
q2. Try to fix randomize the bounce of the ball when it's punted as it seems to roll a ridiculous amount when kicked at side stance.

Those aren't questions.

Around what time frame are you expecting to release the game?

Dear HB,
2 Questions about passing if i may?

1: What are your thoughts on using a reciever selector mechanic similar to that found in Rugby League (e.g. x = 1st, o = 2nd and so on) allowing the player in possession to pick out players with the pass?

2: Have you thought about dual usage of the right analogue stick:
Stick alone for whole body movements: - drop shoulder - fend - side step as is. In addition before a player recieves a pass (ball in mid flight) this stick may be used to alter running line of reciever either inside (towards pass) or outside (away from pass) the opposite defender. This would increase the possibility of running into space between defenders and subsequently breaking the line through skill rather than going round the outside etc which became rather repetitive in previous editions
Stick and a shoulder button for advanced passing - analogue direction of passing and weight of pass - offloading in tackle being a skill rather than a timed press of the button - you can attempt to offload in any direction to support players and also time the pass - off the ground/mid tackle with free arms etc. obviously success of pass depends on timing, direction and weight of pass and characterisitcs of individual character to prevent teams being able to offload ad infinitum?

Thank you:)

Will you do a "Be A Pro" mode?
an in manager mode can you move from club teams to internationals?

Last edited:
Dear HB,
2 Questions about passing if i may?

1: What are your thoughts on using a reciever selector mechanic similar to that found in Rugby League (e.g. x = 1st, o = 2nd and so on) allowing the player in possession to pick out players with the pass?

2: Have you thought about dual usage of the right analogue stick:
Stick alone for whole body movements: - drop shoulder - fend - side step as is. In addition before a player recieves a pass (ball in mid flight) this stick may be used to alter running line of reciever either inside (towards pass) or outside (away from pass) the opposite defender. This would increase the possibility of running into space between defenders and subsequently breaking the line through skill rather than going round the outside etc which became rather repetitive in previous editions
Stick and a shoulder button for advanced passing - analogue direction of passing and weight of pass - offloading in tackle being a skill rather than a timed press of the button - you can attempt to offload in any direction to support players and also time the pass - off the ground/mid tackle with free arms etc. obviously success of pass depends on timing, direction and weight of pass and characterisitcs of individual character to prevent teams being able to offload ad infinitum?

Thank you:)

Those are wicked as ideas. I'd buy the game even if that's all they changed

Q1: Will the game be Playstation Move compatible?

Will there be a create a play feature?

What changes to the A.I are being implemented or thought of to make this game harder/more realistic than previous ***les?

Last edited:
Will the game run on the same engine as rugby 08 and 06? (very important!)

1. Will players be able to create their own set plays. eg. a personally made miss pass backs move.
2. Will there be a managemnet or transfer system so that players can run a team. Similar to manager mode on FIFA?

1. Will there be an emphasis on players facial appearance and features? Also will they be editable? e.g select drew mitchell with either short hair or bald

When are we going to have another update? When will see screen shots? Gameplay? Anything? It's a ghost town...

Is there any other way the keen TheRugbyForum followers can help in making our dream game possible?

Last edited:
Just read 18 pages filled with the same questions again and again. . . But seriously, PC?

1 - After reading in the latest Q & A that there would be no manager mode, does that mean that there will be no World League mode as in previous ***les?

2 - Can you please give us a list of the Teams and Tournaments that will be included in Rugby 2012? I'm really hoping that there are are few more included than in Rugby 06 and 08... Maybe the ITM and Currie Cups???

I think this one will be a new one. What are you guys response to another rugby game coming out next year. Rugby Challenge. They have many of the licenses already as well. :/ But I know you guys will have better game play :)

I think the most important question was asked above, what is the deal with the engine?

I'd like to know whether we're just looking at a repackage of Rugby 08. If that is the case, why?

I have quoted this post to show the rest of you what not to do and then deleted it. Bullitt clearly stated two questions maximum and to check that something similar had not been asked.

What is this, a dictatorship? Let people say what they want for god sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts