• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for HB Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you be able to post videos/pictures on here weekly or monthly of gameplay footage so far peoples faces likenesses stadiums etc.

Will you be creating a demo?

Will you be creating a demo?

Good question.

Many other games have begun to tap into their fanbase by using them to Beta test their games many months before release. I have done Beta on a couple games and being part of the process was pretty fun. The final products were better off for the participation of their fans as some areas were tweaked and changed, while glitches were found without the parent company spending money on game testers.

HB Studios would be hard pressed to find another group better (and more willing) suited to test their game.

Good question.

Many other games have begun to tap into their fanbase by using them to Beta test their games many months before release. I have done Beta on a couple games and being part of the process was pretty fun. The final products were better off for the participation of their fans as some areas were tweaked and changed, while glitches were found without the parent company spending money on game testers.

HB Studios would be hard pressed to find another group better (and more willing) suited to test their game.

How do they usually do the Demo/Beta tests?
Do they send out the demos to people or would you have to go over to HB Studios in Canada?

1. Are you planning to have the referee in the game (and not just in the cut scenes)? + linesmen

2. Will you have a feature that lets two AI teams play a game (without any users)?

How do they usually do the Demo/Beta tests?
Do they send out the demos to people or would you have to go over to HB Studios in Canada?

You would get the game via download though the PSN or XBox Live. The only difference is that you get a code from the developer that unlocks the download. Only those with codes can play the game. The ones that I have done were limited in the amount of gameplay offered, since it's Beta. But, it's enough to work out the bugs. The idea isn't that a bunch of fans get to play a game and have fun before everyone else. While fun is a byproduct, it's prime objective is to act as a testing ground and hopefully improve the game before it's too late.

The developer also sets up a message board system where players can leave feedback on the gameplay and post any glitches they find in the game.

You would get the game via download though the PSN or XBox Live. The only difference is that you get a code from the developer that unlocks the download. Only those with codes can play the game. The ones that I have done were limited in the amount of gameplay offered, since it's Beta. But, it's enough to work out the bugs. The idea isn't that a bunch of fans get to play a game and have fun before everyone else. While fun is a byproduct, it's prime objective is to act as a testing ground and hopefully improve the game before it's too late.

The developer also sets up a message board system where players can leave feedback on the gameplay and post any glitches they find in the game.

Yeah beta's are easy to get into I have done a few games now you would just get a code that you redeem on your ps3/360 then you download and play as normal or it could be like the halo reach beta where the beta is in another game then theres a link to the download on the game, if their working with EA any EA game could have it in extras

Will the same intensive marketing go in to Rugby 2012 as it did with FIFA 2010?

Q1: Is there going to be some sort of Video Ref put into the Game? I think it was one of the Super League games that I played before which had it and it just adds that extra bit of excitement into the game especially if its a try that might win the game etc.

Q2: Will there be a 7's element in the game at all? Maybe have the IRB Sevens tourny in the game?

thought ea were still publishing it even though their not helping them

Is there any chance that Rugby 2012 is also produced for PC?

Q1) Are you guys going to build a new game engine for Rugby 2012 or are you going to use the FIFA game engine?

Q2) How many developers do you have working on this project and are they going to concentrate solely on Rugby 2012?

why EA would drop their franchise is beyond me if they have?? Rugby is hitting it's highest heights as of late so not sure yet if EA have actually dropped the license or its just rumour. Anyway start with a good game and physics engine and the rest will follow, build from the ground up, Maddens game engine, considering the similar impacts and tackles, blocking and mauling that you get in an american football game, it would translate very well into rugby and then the rugby aspects can be implemented. Rugby and Soccer are so different that even a soccer game engine does not fly for a rugby game really...

why EA would drop their franchise is beyond me if they have?? Rugby is hitting it's highest heights as of late so not sure yet if EA have actually dropped the license or its just rumour. Anyway start with a good game and physics engine and the rest will follow, build from the ground up, Maddens game engine, considering the similar impacts and tackles, blocking and mauling that you get in an american football game, it would translate very well into rugby and then the rugby aspects can be implemented. Rugby and Soccer are so different that even a soccer game engine does not fly for a rugby game really...

As much as it'd be great to see the Madden engine implemented well, what would you suggest they do if the fee to use it is 95% of the budget and they still have to spend hundreds of hours making the game and paying their staff?

As much as it'd be great to see the Madden engine implemented well, what would you suggest they do if the fee to use it is 95% of the budget and they still have to spend hundreds of hours making the game and paying their staff?

I still dunno if the madden engine would be any good for rugby. seems like fifa would make more sense. But not actually knowing what goes into these engines and the nitty gritty its really just a lamens veiw on things.

I studied games development, and looking at it all, whatever Madden is using, Rugby would benefit... trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts