• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for HB Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it'd be great to see the Madden engine implemented well, what would you suggest they do if the fee to use it is 95% of the budget and they still have to spend hundreds of hours making the game and paying their staff?

the budget for the engine would be fine, HB studios already develop American Football, they would not need to pay out a license for the software, just need to sit down and create a feasible plan to implement, the hard work would pay off as nothing worth having is easy to achieve guys

the budget for the engine would be fine, HB studios already develop American Football, they would not need to pay out a license for the software, just need to sit down and create a feasible plan to implement, the hard work would pay off as nothing worth having is easy to achieve guys
I think you'll find they use those engines in relation to ***les that they develop for EA in a partnership. All game developers have to pay whenever they use an engine developed or owned by someone else. From all information available at the moment EA are not publishing the upcoming rugby game, so would not be likely to supply free engines for it. HB may have their own arrangement in regards to that.

Heres a sort of off topic question, is there a story behind Heffler, Katalau, Gonzales, Berti etc from world league? where did they come from?

Some of them used to be players, not very good ones, but at NPC level, like Heffler, he was a fullback. Don't know about Katalau and Gonzales though. But maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy, could be wrong. Berti used to play for an Italian team in their division.

Some of them used to be players, not very good ones, but at NPC level, like Heffler, he was a fullback. Don't know about Katalau and Gonzales though. But maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy, could be wrong. Berti used to play for an Italian team in their division.

Are you sure about that mate? I follow the NPC very closely and i cant recall him playing in it.

Edit: Looked up HB studios, turns out the CEO is named Craig Heffler...

i was about to post that when i realised you did haha. you would think, being the CEO, you would think you would make yourself good so not everyone hates you on the game ..

Q1) Are you planning on including new tournaments that 06 and 08 missed?? Magners league, Currie Cup, Air New Zealand cup, Sevens series/world cup, etc

Q2) As a much a request as a question. Will there be a first person create a player/superstar mode that almost all sports games have nowadays??

Am really keen to know what stage of development you guys are in, seeing as your doing mocap; I'm guessing your still in the early stages.
Can't wait to see a screenshot of your studio at work or a early in-game shot.

Are you sure about that mate? I follow the NPC very closely and i cant recall him playing in it.

Edit: Looked up HB studios, turns out the CEO is named Craig Heffler...

I did notice that, wonder if he is black? But at any rate, it was about 2005/06, he wasn't very good he played for Northland, I'm sure of it, but he was in the development squad. Maybe it is just a coincidence and that the player is named after the CEO, but there was a Heffler in Northland and I can't find any other Hefflers about. Berti is quite a common name though, so maybe it is someone else in the company aswell.

The people that is actually going to be involved (hands on) in making the game (planning, programming, designing) :
1. Do they have any rugby experience?
2. Do they watch/support rugby?
3. Do they understand all the rules completely? (rugby's rules are very complicated for countries where rugby isn't the national sport)
4. How big an improvement can we expect from rugby 08? (gameplay, physics wise)

Will there be a deeper player create system maybe something like being able to create your own jersey,logo and team and use it online or against friends?

Q1. In relation to motion cap, are you guys planning on getting some guys who are currently playing in a top tier club or just some unknown blokes?
Q2. Is the 3 position format going to be implemented again? The reason being alot of blokes more so backs can play more than 3 positions and be as equally effective as there primary postions. So futher to that could it be that there overall stat will drop if they are out of position and how much is based on the positions stat requirements, instead of them fumbling the ball most of the time.

I hope you guys can use the euphoria engine, the physics it provides was made for Rugby!!

I hope you guys can use the euphoria engine, the physics it provides was made for Rugby!!

The euphoria engine is pretty impressive. I'm guessing we won't see it on Rugby 2012, but who knows about the future???? I think it would add an entirely new dimension to the gameplay.

Actually, I'd like to see it used on an arcade style 7's game to test it out. I think that would be alot of fun.

1: Are you going to use middleware and if you do what?
2: What will be your lead platform ps3 or xbox?

1. Will the game be "borrowing" a game engine from another franchise/company (FIFA,MADDEN or even Euphoria) or will it be something that HB have created especially for the "next gen" rugby franchise

2. How much emphasis will there be on the "world cup" (will the club stats and line ups falter due to the world cup being so close)

Many thanks

when will there be a trailer on rugby 2012?

The previous three rugby ***les seemed to just be polished versions of the Fifa 2005 game engine. I would like to know if this new rugby game is going to be a polished version of Rugby 08, or is it going to be somewhat of a rebuild?

Did EA ever consider supporting Rugby 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts