• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs Ireland (11-02-2012, 20:00)

Did anyone hear Heaslips asking Hairy Donkey if he wanted to come for a drink later? That was nice!

I'm sure its being played on the 2nd of march my friend who lives in Toulouse said it was on french television.

That's the date considered most likely but the 6N committee will announce the date tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the exact temperature was for the "match" yesterday? How cold was it that it froze the pitch? I mean, there was an NFL match here about 45 years ago that was played in similar conditions (-26C at gametime, with a -48C wind chill!) when the undersoil heating malfunctioned, then again, you could say that the fact they wore pads helped in the decision to play on. Shame the match has to be rescheduled for March 2nd however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game#Weather

Last edited:
Calling the game off that close to kick off was a pathetic decision. It inconvenienced thousands of fans in terms of travel and accomodation arrangements. It ruined my Saturday evening as well. I ended up watching nature documentary.

when the hell is this game played ?!!
My, it's so hard to even just get some closure on this...

Did anyone on here travel or know someone who travelled to Paris? That would suck! Maybe they can go "teambuild"?

I was one of the lucky 80,000... all is good though, our match tickets will be valid for the next match, all I need now is plane tickets and accomadation to be valid for it aswell and we're laughing.

Why it wasnt changed to an afternoon kick off days ago is beyond me.

3rd March confirmed

Link? from the article I read they still hadn't decided......

If it's played on the 3rd of march you got to say Wales odds of winning the six nations have sky rocketed.

Agree with most here they should have changed it to during the day, poor form whoever that responsibility was.

Here in Australia the The Rugby Championship starts a couple week after the Super 15 finishes. Really this is what needs to happen in the six nations in my opinion.

Link? from the article I read they still hadn't decided......

If it's played on the 3rd of march you got to say Wales odds of winning the six nations have sky rocketed.

Agree with most here they should have changed it to during the day, poor form whoever that responsibility was.

Here in Australia the The Rugby Championship starts a couple week after the Super 15 finishes. Really this is what needs to happen in the six nations in my opinion.

Yeah its seems that they haven't decided yet, it was sky sports that said 3rd of march but obviously they are just guessing.

Not officially, but according to Rugbyrama, reported also on many radios here, the match is rescheduled to Sunday March the 4th, probably a 04:00 PM UTC+1

Latest posts