• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs Ireland (11-02-2012, 20:00)

Cian Healy tweeted they're gonna do a bit of teambuilding. We all know what that means.

Healy is supposed to be a right one for a bit of 'teambuilding' from what I hear.

I really think they just should have mixed up the teams and played a game of tag for the crowd..

Would not be at all surprised, As long as he keeps up his recent performances I'm happy.

France 2, the TV broadcaster, offered to play the game at 3 PM today, it was a little bit less cold. But the 6N commitee refused. What a shame.

Such a shite way to make history...

Didn't know that, while I was in already considering last week that such a spare solution could be in the tube for organizers and broadcasters.
Weather for tonight was clearly predictable, and last week forecast were clear and sure about it (Siberian direct highway).

Would have been the first to blame broadcasters to close doors because of business interest, while when there's one we oftently think they're on . Now if it's come from a the 6N committee I suggest we should all write to these bureaucrats they should change their policy or move away.
No damage for me in front of my TV, but for all the people who've travelled, especially the Irish, it's really disregarding.

Did anyone on here travel or know someone who travelled to Paris? That would suck! Maybe they can go "teambuild"?

I really think they just should have mixed up the teams and played a game of tag for the crowd..

That would've been a better idea than them walking out to kinda say sorry but then again who would stay to watch a game of tag? and the fact there is 44 players.. get 2 games going on of 11 a side? :p

If they do play the match in three weeks time, France will have a few back-to-back matches before the Welsh match.
Certainly a bonus for the Welsh side.

Agh, this ruined an already bad day for me. I lost a really important gaelic football match earlier and my coach read methe riot act (Evn though it was one of my better game in a while) andf told me I wasn't starting in the match next week against the local rivals which I've been pumping myself up for about 4months and then this happens. :(

they had a game of touch rugby after all :p
http://lockerz.com/s/182874545
x2_ae671b1

If I were in the crowd had the boys just split up the france and Ireland teams and had a star studded game of tag I would have been chuffed to bits...

Like seeing sob and hairydonkey on one team tearing it up would have been smashing

That decision should have been taken one week ago given forecast, not a few minutes before the match, while the referee came one on the pitch hour before and didn't find anything relevant to say.

The game should have been played at a more reasonable time, preferably during the afternoon.

The ref takers the flack because Kidney couldn't find a Dominoes pizza in Paris.

I see the FFR and the 6 nations are trying to blame Pearson for this mess which is, quite frankly, sickening. He did what he had to in the interest of player safety.

I see the FFR and the 6 nations are trying to blame Pearson for this mess which is, quite frankly, sickening. He did what he had to in the interest of player safety.

Indeed. Blaming the referee for a problem entirely of their creation is just not on.

Clearly Irresponsible from them.
Don't even want to know as every one will soon try to reject responsibility on the other (FFR <=> 6N comitee => Pierson)

I'm still pro having matches on evenings, and giving this story a reason to abandon this events by night is stupid.
You don't have to be a meteorology engineer to know that weather conditions are not quite the same at the beginning of the 6N (beginning of Feb) than at its end (mid or end of March), so if you accept any risks in the beginning, at least engage a few resources to make a B plan (forwarding kick-off at 3PM 8 days before for yesterday's example).

Latest posts