• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Europe Championship 2018

I see the German team has a player from Nottingham University! That will definitely have the higher score difference.

Looking forward to Spain vs Russia. If Spain lose then I'd suggest Romania will have virtually sealed RWC qualification (albeit not mathematically) after one round.

I find myself struggling to support the likes of Spain and Germany while they have their domestic disputes between clubs and unions - so I'll probably support Russia today (who don't seem to have these political dramas in rugby).

28-0 half time. Georgia looking very strong but that's probably down to their opposition quality. It really should be more like 40-0 i say. Belgium have nothing whatsoever, they had a 20 phase attack on which they quite literally gained no ground and that was on the Georgian 10 metre line!
Georgia's line speed has been superb and the forwards are seriously dominating as expected. This game was won in the 10th minute, use the backs more and work on developing them with real game experience as opposed to just 'pick and go' tactics.

Nice attacking kick from Russia for the score. I have the YouTube World Rugby feed of last nights Brazil vs Uruguay on the go too. Happy as a sandboy!

Russia started very well and i was a bit worried for Spain at one stage as they seemed to want to run from their own line at every given opportunity, just kick it away!!! Spain have come back strongly though and it's a close game. Too close to call i say.
Also, what on earth is going on at the restarts? I don't think either side has taken one yet!

Russia started very well and i was a bit worried for Spain at one stage as they seemed to want to run from their own line at every given opportunity, just kick it away!!! Spain have come back strongly though and it's a close game. Too close to call i say.
Also, what on earth is going on at the restarts? I don't think either side has taken one yet!

Spain look to have a definite minor edge but Russia seem better than they did for most of last REC. Dont know if their fitness will hold up.

Good to see a game at Krasnador. The same mild weather as Sochi but actually a city with an existing rugby presence (as seen by the crowd).

It could be Fiji vs Tonga there's been that many injuries in the last 10 mins...

that shouldn't happen without ARs.... with ARs that's even more inexcusable

ref is going to need to answer to someone over that

The crowd's leaving already.

Robbed. Spain better at least make the RWC after that.

Hope the guy in the neck brace is less serious than it all looked.

Huge result for Spain! But I feel for Russia here as they scored a try only for the referee not to see it and takes them back to the penalty otherwise this would have been a draw.
Spain were the better side for the majority of that game so probably deserve the win.
Now for the Romanian revenge to begin.... (Romania by 60, Ive changed my mind after looking at the Germany team).

Well it took all of 4 minutes for Romania with a Tuilangi wannabe crossing. Looks like a big lad, not seen him before. Any good?

Germany got points! More than can be said for Belgium. 3 wickets down.

Spain win in Russia, next stop against Romania in Madrid. We'll be the underdogs but one can dream

13 tries to nil! It's not even an unrealistic cricket score.

That's a head to head aggregate of 123-47.

Now to see who we'll be facing in the Relegation Play-off... Portugal 24 points ahead of the Netherlands at half time. Pretty safe bet it will be Portugal then.

That last (Romanian) try was amazing to watch though. Even if it was just because of a lucky bounce.

Last edited:

Latest posts