• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

OH No my God! He is able to talk about the all the history and relationship from the One Hundred Year war to the Waterloo and Fachoda, and the exocet in the Fafland war and how we have to be grateful to have liberate our country from the Nazi occupation. We know that by hearth ( In fact I'am grateful for what the british soldiers have done for our freedom and the victory of the civilisation on the Nazi barbare )

WTFDTM mean? Ikvat had translated: unfriendly in elegant way to say. Do you what the world "elegant" mean? Very Sorry for my english. I need a real good english french dictionnary. What the propose Google as translation is horrible. Don't trust Google translator.
Are you really a referee? (an another word I've learn in this Angl-saxon forum as the word "try" or gougerie"
It's very nice to learn english with this manner, and with people from evrywhere in the world. I'am open to all correction of my bad english after all you are the referee.
By the way I really love English people and talking with them when they come on holliday in Franc. Sir Wilkinson have a very charming english accent when he speak french and he is loved by all the french supporter. N'est ce pas Mr Ikvat de Toulon?

I forgive you for everything bad you've said about England just for saying that :p

As for the 2 games vs NZ, I'll say I don't see a lot of difference between the 2. You can say of course this little difference is 20 pts, but I pretend all the ingredients of the final game already were present in the pool's one.
The only difference is the weakness we had in defense because of Trinh-Duc very recent replacement by Parra, with costed the 3 tries in less than 20 mins. Except that, the recipe was exactly the same, and I suppose Mr Henri exactly knew what to expect from Les Bleus.
This might be a revelation because the final result does not come from a surprise team (called a B team in theses same media...) and an unpredictable strategy.
Yeah, I think that's right from the ABs point of view as well.

In the first match they held out for the first ten minutes, then smashed France in the next twenty and played it fairly tight until the end. Same pattern for Aus. And then the final ... but the smash bit didn't work. Not sure Trin Duhc is the difference - I think the ABs had to be less expansive because Carter was out.

france will win a world cup ,maybe 2015. they are a good shot for 6 nations

france will win a world cup ,maybe 2015.

I'm very pessimistic for that one, maybe...when Joubert wil be retired...who knows ?

Igor said:
WTFDTM mean?

Something like What The F*** Does This Mean I guess ?

Do you know the storry of of the Fukawee tribe ? :)

Feel so bad for hosea gear, the only all black not to play a minute in the world cup... :(

I'm very pessimistic for that one, maybe...when Joubert wil be retired...who knows ?

Something like What The F*** Does This Mean I guess ?

Do you know the storry of of the Fukawee tribe ? :)

Non mais tu peux toujours me raconter .

I forgive you for everything bad you've said about England just for saying that :p

I'm reading "Ivanohe" by Scott. In fact it's old XIX century written book, a little bit out to date and at the end boring. That's told the story about real proud and honest saxon knight against the bad and vicious anlgo-norman (the french) lord after the invasion of Guillaume le conquerant and the Hasting battle. The bads speak french and the good old saxon. It's funny to see how the cliché about each other go trough centuries.
In fact I will never forget that's britishs soldiers ware killed for our freedom. Many of my compatriote ware at that time ******** friends of Hitler and the Nazi ideology (my own wife is german and her great father was in the Kriegsmarine!! ).
So bad I can wrote about England is nothing compare with the gratitude I have toward them. So let have fun with these idiot cliché. It's just a joke;)

All i'm going to say is: "Well done France"
Rougerie's brain explosion aside, your rugby team is a credit to your nation. As are a lot of posters on here who have not quibbled over referring decisions, and have congratulated the All Blacks.

There are a few of us on here who could do to exercise the same level of humility and be as magnanimous

Feel so bad for hosea gear, the only all black not to play a minute in the world cup... :(

Really I was thinking he was the luckiest one there, never broke a sweat and got a medal and a world champions ***le.

Yeah, I think that's right from the ABs point of view as well.

In the first match they held out for the first ten minutes, then smashed France in the next twenty and played it fairly tight until the end. Same pattern for Aus. And then the final ... but the smash bit didn't work. Not sure Trin Duhc is the difference - I think the ABs had to be less expansive because Carter was out.

So AB team have won!! So what do you want more? 100 more point? 1 point is not enough? Would France to be humliated? Carter was out and what? Trin Duch failed and what? So enjoy your victory, have the pleasure to see your team winning. It's the most important thing! the rest is just blabla.

Ditto. He received a hero's welcome back in Wellington though. He still looked slightly sad when he got given the medal after the final, I'm sure he'd rather have played.

two things starting to annoy me about the final

1. people giving Steven Donald so much credit, he kicked one penalty from in front of the posts and it still nearly missed, it only just made it inside the post and it was from in front, he also kicked the ball aimlessly and straight to the opposition for the rest of the match, just like he had been doing for the last two years

2. people saying France didn't deserve to be there, they had played brilliant rugby in every game except against Tonga & Wales, but they had some of the best back line moves in the whole tournament, even better than new zealands, they just didn't have an enforcer in the midfield who could bust tackles, but as far as the set moves go they were the best, their forwards were also just as good, it wouldn't always reflect on the scoreboard and they would fall off for a few minutes in each game except for the final

Feel so bad for hosea gear, the only all black not to play a minute in the world cup...

why? he wasn't even supposed to be in the team at all, he's lucky he was picked as a late replacement

Last edited:
Non mais tu peux toujours me raconter .
OK, this is the great Tale of the Fukawee tribe :
They are a tribe small guys living in the savannah. Good humters, they go every morning on the tracks trying to find a zbra, a springbok a bushpig or even a Joubert when there is nothing left to eat.
They walk all day long having no rest and never tired untill they find something to eat.
At the end of the day most of the time they get lost and then begin to jump on their 2 feet trying to look above the high grass and shouting " Where the F*** are we ???"
:p

Last edited:
WTFDTM mean?

WTFDTM = What the F**k Does That Mean

Ikvat had translated: unfriendly in elegant way to say. Do you what the world "elegant" mean? Very Sorry for my english. I need a real good english french dictionnary.

OK, I understand that now. Its a French word that you dropped into the middle of an English sentence. I should have realised; my Swiss cousin does that all the time.

The opposite of "elegant" in English is "inelegant" but it is not often used. More common are "awkward", "graceless" or "gauche"

two things starting to annoy me about the final

1. people giving Steven Donald so much credit, he kicked one penalty from in front of the posts and it still nearly missed, it only just made it inside the post and it was from in front, he also kicked the ball aimlessly and straight to the opposition for the rest of the match, just like he had been doing for the last two years

umm kicking from straight in front of the posts from a distance is quite more difficult than from an angle (for me at least) and he didn't just kick the ball aimlessly to the french, did you not see when he kicked the ball and it bounced (curving it) into touch for all blacks territory. He also broke a few tackles when he ran and how can you not give the man credit when he got the kick over that eventually won the all blacks the game?