• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Argentina - Scotland (25-09-2011, 20:30)

We are running straight into areas where Argentina have support players, whom are quickly getting in and trying to steal our ball.

Run into space!

We are running straight into areas where Argentina have support players, whom are quickly getting in and trying to steal our ball.

Run into space!

Agreed, I think Scotland have the slight edge over them at the moment. They need to stop losing the ball in contact, get that right and I think they are on to a winner.

Simple quick ball, away from there forwards should do it.

If scotland can sort out the breakdown then their backs running play will score a few against a very stale Argentina. I'm actually quite impressed at the Scottish attack recently. England won't be worried to much at the moment though with this poor forward display.Interesting that Barnes isn't allowing the tacked player time to place the ball. Anoter referee may be giving not rolling away much more than holding on.

If scotland can sort out the breakdown then their backs running play will score a few against a very stale Argentina. I'm actually quite impressed at the Scottish attack recently. England won't be worried to much at the moment though with this poor forward display.Interesting that Barnes isn't allowing the tacked player time to place the ball. Anoter referee may be giving not rolling away much more than holding on.

I though this too - a couple of penalties have been tacklers clearly not releasing the player, but it's given for not releasing the ball

Still, at least he's being consistent with it...

Argies are dropping like flies here, might not have much of a bench left in the latter stages of the second half.

Dinnae act like a c*** Hamilton.

Paterson penalty, we our half way to the final score...

Roncero off now.

I though this too - a couple of penalties have been tacklers clearly not releasing the player, but it's given for not releasing the ballStill, at least he's being consistent with it...
Yes, he is consistent at the moment and that is the main thing! Its just this rule was changed to stop the slowly down at ruck time and it's suiteing Argentina a bit more I think. It's no excuse for the sheer amount of Scottish turnovers though!

I though this too - a couple of penalties have been tacklers clearly not releasing the player, but it's given for not releasing the ball

Still, at least he's being consistent with it...

I noticed this during the England game, the refs don't not seem to be giving the players time to set or release either. Have the IRB given a directive to clamp down on this for the world cup?.

So its half time with Scotland leading 6-3. Both sides have missed kicks at goal, whilst we are having problems kicking the ball into touch from penalties and open play. Argentina have lost Roncero and Lobbe to injury, whilst a handful of others are struggling.

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

Is Argentina a team that is considered strong up front with not much of a running game? Seems odd. I would expect them to have quick, agile runners and not be that strong up front.

Yes, I'm a total rugby noob.

Argentina are gonna come back in the second half to beat Scotland. I guarantee it. If they don't, I will wire everyone who posted in this thread $100,000. That's how sure I am of this.

Niether team look like they'll threaten any of the poential quater-finalists, let alone the All Blacks, as they'll end up with, although Scotland may yet give England a scare. It's been a suprisingly OK game, scoreline considered.

These two have great defense and lousy offense... Won't be surprised if we see 0 tries today

Argentina are gonna come back in the second half to beat Scotland. I guarantee it. If they don't, I will wire everyone who posted in this thread $100,000. That's how sure I am of this.

Mate thanks. It is far to early here and now I have to make a decision.

I really want Scotland to win, home nations and all that but I could do with a few pounds as well.

I trust you still have your, erm... Well I suppose you haven't gone through with your castration yet?

Halftime: Argentina 3 (1 pen) v Scotland 6 (2 pens) #RWC2011
Concerning #Los Pumas 1/2time stats:10 lost possessions/turnovers (inc 6 hand errs) 13 missed tacks, 6 pens #RWC2011
Concerning #SCOT 1/2time stats:12 lost possessions/turnovers (inc 2 hand errs) 3 missed tacks, 6 pens #RWC2011
1st half stats are up, www.ruckingoodstats.com. Stick around for the 1/2time stats show for #Los Pumas v #SCOT, then doing charts #RWC2011
Halftime - 1st 5/8 options kick/run/pass from set piece/recycled ball Fernandez 1/0/3 Jackson 2/3/17 #RWC2011
Halftime - Tactical kicks from the hand #Los Pumas = 15 #SCOT = 13 #RWC2011
Time the ball was in play/contestable in the first half was 16:58 mins from refs time of 40:10 mins #RWC2011
#Los Pumas inside #SCOT 22 in 1st half: broke tackles awarded 1 pens for 1:34 mins
#SCOT inside #Los Pumas 22 in 1st half: broke tackles pens 1 scrums lost 2 rucks1 hand errs for 2:50 mins
1st half charts are done and up (charts take longer to create), www.ruckingoodstats.com. More stats to follow #RWC2011
Halftime: If #Los Pumas lineout calls predictable, next attacking lineout throw goes front
Halftime: If #SCOT lineout calls predictable, next attacking lineout throw goes front
Halftime: Stats #Los Pumas will want to continue:1 linebreaks, broke 3 tackles #RWC2011
Halftime: Stats for #SCOT will want to continue:7 linebreaks, 3 offloads, broke 13 tackles #RWC2011
40 min: 4 scrums reset so far(time wasted) 1 on ARG's feed (0:23 min 1%) 3 on SCO's feed (1:31 min 3.8%) #RWC2011

Are long runs only seen in matches that are totally lopsided? All the matches I've seen with teams that are ranked in the top 10 have no runs >20 meters. Is that typical?

Are long runs only seen in matches that are totally lopsided? All the matches I've seen with teams that are ranked in the top 10 have no runs >20 meters. Is that typical?
Not necessarily - The better teams will have stronger defences so runs like that don't happen as often, but they're still in there

It's worth noting that this match is being played in poor weather (raining quite a lot I think) which doesn't lend itself to a running game

What games have you been watching? 20 meters or more runs aren't regular occurrences in games where both teams have great defense, but still happen fairly often.

No, don't worry, watch a few games in this world cup and I'm sure many of your question, thought of and not yet, will be answered.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Argentina are offering very little out wide at the moment. Contepomi is solid, but I feel he lacks any creativity or speedy decisions needed to get his wings into the game.If the game continues in this vein Scotland will win because they are running the Arg defence ragged and penalties will result.

Latest posts