• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Argentina - Scotland (25-09-2011, 20:30)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
RWC%202011.png

Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington (25-09-2011, 20:30)

Argentina.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Scotland.png

Referee: Wayne Barnes (ENG)
Touch Judge: Nigel Owens (WAL)
Touch Judge: Chris Pollock (NZL)
TV match official: Shaun Veldsman (RSA)

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Argentina [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Scotland [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Martín Rodríguez [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Chris Paterson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Gonzalo Camacho [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Max Evans [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marcelo Bosch [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Nick de Luca [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Felipe Contepomi [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Graeme Morrison [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Horacio Agulla [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Sean Lamont [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Santiago Fernández [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Ruaridh Jackson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Nicolás Vergallo [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Rory Lawson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Juan Mártin Fernandez Lobbe [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Kelly Brown [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Juan Manuel Leguizamón [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] John Barclay [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Julio Farias Cabello [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Ally Strokosch [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Patricio Albacete [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Jim Hamilton [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Manuel Carizza [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Richie Gray [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Juan Figallo [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Geoff Cross [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Mario Ledesma [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Ross Ford [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Rodrigo Roncero [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Allan Jacobsen [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Agustín Creevy [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Dougie Hall [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Martín Scelzo [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Alasdair Dickinson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Mariano Galarza [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Nathan Hines [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Genaro Fessia [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Richie Vernon [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Alfredo Lalanne [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Mike Blair [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Dan Parks [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Juan Jose Imhoff [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Simon Danielli [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

... So the crunch match of pool B arrives - should be a great match, but pretty harsh when your team captain, Alistair Kellogg, can't make the playing 22.

I guess on form, Argentina might take this match, but I think i'll wait until they name their lineup, before I decide

I hope Joe Ansbro and Ross Rennie are injured, otherwise Barclay is very lucky to be in the team, as well as de Luca.

Just parts of the team don't inspire confidence in me, however in AR I shall trust.

My money will be on the Argies to hammer us :(

Really??.. I'd say this will be a tight game. Scotland have the potential to hold them out don't you think??.

Since the last RWC they have played four times, all in Argentina, with three wins for the Scots. They seem to have found the way to dominate the Pumas, I'll take Scotland by less than seven and hope to get it wrong.

Really??.. I'd say this will be a tight game. Scotland have the potential to hold them out don't you think??.

I don't know, just think it is awful strange for arguably our two best performing players from the last two matches aren't involved in the 22 altogether, outside centre Joe Ansbro and flanker/ fetcher Ross Rennie, whilst probably our worst performer in the first game, John Barclay (whom was guilty for nearly every second penalty whilst on the field against Romania) is included.

I mean, include de Luca by all means, but at least have Ansbro on the bench. He plays wing primarily for Northhampton, but 13 for us. Danielli is slower than half our backrowers and struggles to cover wing himself, so why not have Ansbro at 22? Ansbro and Evans are our fastest players, and everyone knows the pace of the Argie backline. I just hope Robinson's tactics are right, but I can see the Argie backline ripping this one apart, especially if Jackson fails to provide adequate clearance/ field gaining kicks.

Sometimes I truely regret choosing the username LordHope, as at times it seems I have none at all :(

I feel that this one is just a bit too close to call. Scotland need to start brightly and keep the momentum up. It has to be an absolute war.... I do though think the first ten minutes of this game will probably show us the eventual winner. I'm not impressed though that Ansbro isn't playing. I haven't read anywhere that he's injured. What's the deal...?

I agree with everyone about Ansbro not even being in the 22. I think Scotland can take this one, and I am going to but my money where my mouth is.

.... It has to be an absolute war.... I do though think the first ten minutes of this game will probably show us the eventual winner. ......

I agree with the first part, absolutely. But I do not with the second part. The result will come at the end, and it will be an absolute mystery for all. Although Los Pumas are taken as favorites on this game, I would not eat that cake. The two teams are extremely powerful and even.
Just in case, GO PUMAS GOOOOO!!!

Puma team

1. Rodrigo Roncero
2. Mario Ledesma
3. Juan Figallo
4. Manuel Carizza
5. Patricio Albacete
6. Julio Farías Cabello
7. Juan Leguizamón
8. Juan Fernández Lobbe

9. Nicolás Vergallo
10. Santiago Fernández
11. Horacio Agulla
12. Felipe Contepomi (capitán)
13. Marcelo Bosch
14. Gonzalo Camacho
15. Martín Rodríguez

Subs: 16. Agustín Creevy, 17. Martín Scelzo, 18. Mariano Galarza, 19. Genaro Fessia, 20. Aldredo Lalanne, 21. Lucas González Amorosino 22. Juan Imhoff.

If we miss penalties the way we did against England this could turn pretty ugly for us. I feel confident about this one thou, not sure why.
Arg +7.

Why is it that of all the games Phelan has put Contemponi at 10, he now puts him in his natural position?

Why now, in our most important game of the tourney :(

Having first learnt to play rugby in Dunfermline. I am going with the Scots for this one. Yes Argentina have had a good few games and an amazing world cup in 2007.

I just keep thinking back to how the welsh did them in the warm up games and that Scotland came away from Argentina with good tour results. Scotland +7.

Last edited:
We are not favorites, thats something brought up by the press. This is a tough game and anyone can win. Let´s hope to be concentrated the whole match and shall see what happens.

The brittish ref is nothing to be worried about, i think!!

Go Pumas!!! With our guts and hearts to give it all on the field!! Go Pumas!!!!!!!!

Latest posts