• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Argentina - Scotland (25-09-2011, 20:30)

It's being discussed as its a controversial matter. It's also a forum where people can discuss these types of incidences.

There were other chasers by the time Contemponi arrived. Remember he had moved Parks onto his left peg. The chasers would have buried him. Also Parks did not simply kick it away as you keep on saying but rather drop kicked it.

And obviously people can discuss this I was just wondering why as I said.

Seeing a drop kick is a form of kicking he did kick away possesion.

Also didn't understand why Parks didn't go deeper into the pocket, Blairs pass is fine and he could've easily added a couple of meters on that. Also foulish of Blair to not to dummy the pass (Slapping his hands on the floor), before passing it to Parks.

Very surprised at that result - both teams were poor but Argentina were worse
Shocking defence to let that try in - Paterson's tackle especially

Fingers crossed Georgia beat Argentina next match

What is surprising exactly? Argentina were favourites...........

What is surprising exactly? Argentina were favourites...........
Scotland were on top for nearly the whole match
They didn't get many points for their efforts, but Argentina didn't look like winning, to me

An interesting stat is this

Time spent in oppositions 22.

Argentina 2 min 45s

Scotland 10 min 30s

:(

Is it true that Jackson was Man of the Match?

And obviously people can discuss this I was just wondering why as I said.

Well, as it's been said, you play to the ref. Sure, Cantemponi was offside, but the referee didn't call it. I have a feeling that Parks saw the offside and assumed that his team would have advantage, therefore it didn't really matter if he missed the drop kick. As it wasn't an ideal situation in which to have a drop at goal, I can understand his frustration.

The penalty should have been called, yes, but I don't think Parks did the right thing in the situation. You can't assume that the referee is going to make every call. Had he specifically seen Barnes with his arm out indicating a penalty advantage, the drop kick for goal would have been a fine thing to do, since if it missed you'd get another opportunity.

Scotland were on top for nearly the whole match
They didn't get many points for their efforts, but Argentina didn't look like winning, to me

either team that lost would have thought they should have won,

Scotland with that botched drop goal, and poor tackling

Argentina with Contepomi's kicking and that Amorosino dropped ball

the Pumas did look like winning, and it would have been comfortable if Contepomi retaught himself to goal kick

Ruaridh Jackson should not be man of the match, created nothing in attack, all he did was one very good kick

the man of the match should have been whoever was winning all those turnovers for Argentina (Albacete?)

can't believe no one has blamed dan parks for being australian yet :) hahaha

Blaming Parks' for being awful at rugby because he is an Aussie is the equivalent of blaming a person for not hearing an announcement because he is deaf. ;)

@ psychic duck

So was Jackson named MotM?

Gavin Hastings made a great point on radio last night. He thought it was stupid to take Gray off when he was owning the line outs, and high kicks to the forwards. Said that rugby seems to have a culture of now using all the subs if possible even when people are playing well. Robinson made changes for the sake of it.

Lobbe out for 6 months according to the BBC, big loss for Argentina if they get through.

I think Gray had a ****le which was why he was replaced, didn't look comfortable before and when he came off.

But otherwise the changes of Blair for Lawson, Parks for Jackson and Dickenson for Jacobsen were as you say, changes for the sake of changes.

When Gray went off we proceeded to lose more line-outs than in the entire time he was on. :/

Latest posts