• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Argentina - Scotland (25-09-2011, 20:30)

Any talk of us beating England should be disregarded immediately, we are 4 points behind them and the Argies are certain of a win against Georgia.

We would have to win with a BP, and not allow the English one.

Not even the most blinkered supporter could believe for a second that we could do that.

For Scotland it's the same old story - have absolutely no cutting edge in their backline. Until they find some decent backs they will continue to struggle.

Any talk of us beating England should be disregarded immediately, we are 4 points behind them and the Argies are certain of a win against Georgia.

We would have to win with a BP, and not allow the English one.

Not even the most blinkered supporter could believe for a second that we could do that.

I believe you only have to keep england from getting a bonus point. If you are equal on points with them I believe the winner of the game between the two sides advances.

For Scotland it's the same old story - have absolutely no cutting edge in their backline. Until they find some decent backs they will continue to struggle.

Wouldn't say that at all

Both Lamonts, Evans and Jackson are all great attacking players - no idea why they don't click more

I believe you only have to keep england from getting a bonus point. If you are equal on points with them I believe the winner of the game between the two sides advances.

It's true. Though they have to hope that not only does Argentina beat Georgia, but that they get the bonus point as well. If Argentina beat Georgia and Scotland beat England denying them any bonus points (as well as failing to get any bonus points themselves) then it would be a three-way tiebreaker that, since each team beat one and lost to the other, would be decided by points difference, which Scotland would probably end up in 3rd place on.

Wouldn't say that at allBoth Lamonts, Evans and Jackson are all great attacking players - no idea why they don't click more
I wouldn't call them great at international level - don't get me wrong they aren't bad and I quite like Max Evans as a player (not as good as his brother though). Just think Scotland have always had problems in recent times with their back line producing.

Okay, so there is hope after all.

Not even really angry right now, just apathetic. Too much deja vu from the last tournament.

2007- World Cup Quaterfinal Argentina vs. Scotland

Argentina leading 19-13, Scotland attacking on Argentina's tryline, pushing them back and in general making progress.
Up steps Parks, makes the most pathetic, stupid, arragont chip kick in his entire career. Poor kick that goes straight into dead zone, Argentina restart, game ends.

2011- Essential match for quaterfinal spot.

The exact, same fcuking thing, except swap chip kick for drop goal.

The man is a plague when off form, a godsend when on. A man, whom I would still like to give a good throttling if there were no laws against it. I said it before, but it will ring more true than ever now. If we don't make the quaterfinals, that is one less game Parks will be able to participate in.

Classic case of not playing to the whistle!
Parks assumed (wrongly) that the ref would have seen that Contepomi was in a different time-zone to his team-mates, so he went for the 'free' Hollywood-shot on his left paw.
Alas, the ref completely missed THE key moment of the match... and Parks was left looking like a complete fanny! FFS just play it safe Dan! Refuse the kick and take the ball back into contact and go again!
I'm getting bored of Scotland doing the same old same old!

I think the team who scored a try deserved the win but bad luck to the Scots who always try hard.

when will the Pumas coaching staff learn that Felipe Contepomi's kicking has gone, he missed a straight 40m kick and two ones from the touchline which were not even close

does anybody remember Todeschini, along with Morné Steyn he is probably the best goal kicker I've ever seen,

Classic case of not playing to the whistle!
Parks assumed (wrongly) that the ref would have seen that Contepomi was in a different time-zone to his team-mates, so he went for the 'free' Hollywood-shot on his left paw.
Alas, the ref completely missed THE key moment of the match... and Parks was left looking like a complete fanny! FFS just play it safe Dan! Refuse the kick and take the ball back into contact and go again!
I'm getting bored of Scotland doing the same old same old!

It was offside, I'm sure of that.

It was more a case of Parks going for the DG whatever happened, he didn't/couldn't show the adaptability to go for the space where Filipe had come from and worse case it was Paterson who could have gone for the 3

By far the most dramatic match this world cup so far. If I had to pick a pool for an upset, it would have been pool B from the start, never realising Ireland would beat the Aussies of course.

This match had everything, even though there was only 1 try. The massive mistake by Amorosino, right after scoring a try, gave the match the thrilling end it deserved but the Pumas pulled through in the end.

Gutted.

Same old Scotland, lacking any real ability to finish a team off. Same old plaudits of how well we played and how we should have deserved more... I'm bored of it already.

I can't see us beating England, and certainly not by 7 points. Looks like an early flight home....

The Scots won't need anybody telling them they blew it. Total domination but no cutting edge. They still should have won that game handy enough. They lacked the belief to do it.

I had Argentina backed andaround the 70th minute mark when Scotland were camped on the Argentina line I was hoping they'd get 3pts for 3 reasons.
1, it ment Argentina wouldn't concede a try.
2, It would mean they could kick off and gain some territory.
3, They had to go for a try which ment no draw and Contepomi usually plays badlyin presure games.

I'd say the Scotland/England game will be tight too.

Latest posts