• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Argentina - Scotland (25-09-2011, 20:30)

Well played Scotland!! As an Argie, i must recognize that you deserve much better than us. I agree with you psychik duck, Felipe's kick has gone or banished in the Wellington's wind but that could be the minor problem. Felipe can't tackle!!! Today (i'm in Argentina) he missed a lot of important tackles that if Scotland had been accurate, we would have paid dearly!!
Lastly, i'm very worried about Pumas' physical condition...

Vamos Los Pumas!!!

Cheers everyone!!
Ignacio

Lets just say you could have placed a bet for your whole amount and won ;)

It was a mistake... I accidentally put the time at 10:30 PM in stead of 10:30 AM (GMT +1)

Lets just say you could have placed a bet for your whole amount and won ;)

It was a mistake... I accidentally put the time at 10:30 PM in stead of 10:30 AM (GMT +1)

I only did 10, didnt want to take the proverbial :lol:

The Argentinian style yields very few tries and gains many penalties (in general). Not having a reliable goal kicker will cost them not being cometitive in any game in next year's 3N (or whatever the name will be).
I think that leaving Martin Bustos Moyano out was a big mistake. I don't think he is much of a step down from Camacho in open play, but he is a huge gain from Contepomi when kicking.

Both teams seriously need to look at ball retention. So many turnovers.

That, or they are both just amazing in turning over at the rucks ;)

An Argentine journalist asked Albacete after the game "And what about your penalty in the last play of the game?". The answer was "Well, the ref didn't call it."

The ball there is not out, the image is misleading.

Does not make the ball out I am afraid.

IMO the ball is out, as the SH is passing the ball to parks. But to be honest why is this being debated? If it was offside the ref missed it, then boohoo Parks should've played it to the ref and not kicked the ball away, giving away possesion.

IMO the ball is out, as the SH is passing the ball to parks. But to be honest why is this being debated? If it was offside the ref missed it, then boohoo Parks should've played it to the ref and not kicked the ball away, giving away possesion.

Just wondering if you saw the game? Otherwise you would have seen Parks having a moan at Barnes who frankly has been dire this World Cup. You would also understand that Parks only option was sitting in the pocket and taking that drop goal otherwise he would have been tackled and penalised for holding onto the ball.

Just wondering if you saw the game? Otherwise you would have seen Parks having a moan at Barnes who frankly has been dire this World Cup. You would also understand that Parks only option was sitting in the pocket and taking that drop goal otherwise he would have been tackled and penalised for holding onto the ball.

Like I said play the ref, the ref didn't give the penalty Parks thought Barnes would and attempted the DG, he could've evaded contepomi by waving to the side and stay on his feet long enough for support to arrive and atleast even attempt to regain the ball instead of kicking it away. Barnes might have made the right or the wrong call, but what he didn't do is give a penalty and what Parks did do was kick the ball away thats all that happened, still wondering why this is being discussed?

Like I said play the ref, the ref didn't give the penalty Parks thought Barnes would and attempted the DG, he could've evaded contepomi by waving to the side and stay on his feet long enough for support to arrive and atleast even attempt to regain the ball instead of kicking it away. Barnes might have made the right or the wrong call, but what he didn't do is give a penalty and what Parks did do was kick the ball away thats all that happened, still wondering why this is being discussed?

It's being discussed as its a controversial matter. It's also a forum where people can discuss these types of incidences.

There were other chasers by the time Contemponi arrived. Remember he had moved Parks onto his left peg. The chasers would have buried him. Also Parks did not simply kick it away as you keep on saying but rather drop kicked it.

Latest posts