• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 2 - Argentina vs. Tonga (28/09/2019)

That last play was questionable to say the least. I'd be screaming at the screen if the jersey's were different.

I have to say I'm surprised that wasn't yellow and a PT.

Could have made a perfectly effective and safe (for himself) tackle with both arms.

It's not a shoulder charge though.

Penalty try and a yellow, but you tend to get away these things when you're on top, even more so when refs are looking for any excuse not to miss their cards. I'd be far less blasé if England were playing.
Just hope it doesn't lead to tempers flaring later if the players feel they can't trust the ref.

Tonga so sloppy though, just giving away possession and territory like it's Christmas

Well that looked like totally the wrong call in the scrum there too, didn't see close up however.

Yeah that potential penalty try is seeming more pivotal by the minute.

I need to know how many tackles and missed tackles a specific player had in one game. Anyone know where i can see that for this world cup?

Or have they been overrated?

I think the Jaguares performances in Super Rugby 'inflated' the perception of their potential a little. They were great to be fair... but those players played a lot of minutes and picked up a lot of air miles AND regardless of what some people will tell you Super Rugby ain't Test Match level.

I hope that all this positive, progressive work in Argentina does eventually bare fruition though... they have turned water into wine so many times at World Cups.

I dont think it was Tonga that played good. I think we were appalling.

The reason i wanted the stats was that i watched Boffelli missed two tackles and i couldn't remember him actually making him one during the entire game. Apparently he did one.

The stats are terribe for us. 72% of tackle success rate, 8 penalties. 16 turnovers conceded.

The good: cubelli back to his former self and the scrum. Line still good.

The bad: It looks like we dont have a plan. We are all over the place. The back 3 are missing too many tackles and our centres are non-existant on offence. Urdapilletas kicking is sub-par at best, although apparently still better than Sanchez.

I consider us lucky. Had the 1H ended with a PT and YC we could have been in a lot of trouble.

Well some Super rugby sides has beaten the B&I lions so you could argue based on past results that to a degree it does resemble the Intensity of International rugby. But let's judge Argentina after the England game, if Japan could upset South Africa then Argentina can most certainly upset England. If it will be called an upset.

@Cruz_del_Sur
@petite
I will be watching your Superbru picks for that game.

Well some Super rugby sides has beaten the B&I lions so you could argue based on past results that to a degree it does resemble the Intensity of International rugby.

Lions aren't as good as well-drilled NH sides in form largely due to the lack of game time together. Bit like Barbarians FC.

Leicester seconds beat South Africa so clearly the prem is up there. :rolleyes:

Talk about a game of two halves. Worried that Argentina cut Tonga to pieces early on, remembering how long England took to get going against them
Mike

Latest posts