• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 4 - Argentina vs. USA (09/10/2019)

In maths news: Argentina are the first side to confirm their place in the pool stage. They now have to finish third.

Russia will join them by confirming 5th place in group A later today (They need to beat Scotland by 45+ points to avoid it)

I expected a little bit more from the USA team. Well the lads that play in the Premiership anyway. Suppose their real target is their final pool match.

Question for you more-experienced viewers...

People talk about AJ McGinty being our best player. He seems to be exceptional when he plays for Sale. But this tournament, he doesn't look very good to me. My working theory is that he's just being asked to do too much, and doesn't have the kind of support around him that he's used to. Anyone have any insights? He seems to be spending a lot of time on the ground, unless I'm imagining it?

Man oh man, I hope our last match isn't canceled, I feel like there's at least a chance for one win, though it won't be easy...

Question for you more-experienced viewers...

People talk about AJ McGinty being our best player. He seems to be exceptional when he plays for Sale. But this tournament, he doesn't look very good to me. My working theory is that he's just being asked to do too much, and doesn't have the kind of support around him that he's used to. Anyone have any insights? He seems to be spending a lot of time on the ground, unless I'm imagining it?

Man oh man, I hope our last match isn't canceled, I feel like there's at least a chance for one win, though it won't be easy...

I can't say much about McGinty as I've not seen him so much recently, but in his Connacht days I had him down as a game manager with limitations. I wouldn't have him down as a that can carry a game. Maybe he has developed at Sale and I'm well off the mark.

I like the Eagles' loose forwards, physical and speedy, I usually think your best talent is there.

I think he's being asked to do too much - or is at least taking it upon himself to do more outside what you'd normally want of a 10.
He was USAs top tackler vs Argentina and England, wouldn't be surprised if he was up there for rucks hit too.
It's hard to really control a game when you're being forced to play flanker

Latest posts