16. Maatulimanu Leiataua
17. Viliamu Afatia
18. Anthony Perenise
19. Iosefa Tekori
20. Maurie Faasavalu
21. Peleifofoga Cowley
22. Faialaga Afamasaga
23. Ken Pisi

Pretty pleased to see Slade wasn't chosen for the wing if I'm honest. Interesting to see Moala there - like him but I sort of hope he's not too good as I'd rather see NMS and Naholo in a final squad. Hope to see Brad Weber have a really strong game, and Nepo Laulala.

Can't help but feel there are a few guys on the bench and run on squad - who will one day be the answer to a pub quiz question? 'which All Blacks received their sole cap against Samoa in 2015'.

Some interesting selections including Perez at 13.

I would have had Nanai-Williams on bench to bring on 2nd half to expose tired legs with his stepping.

Biggest disappointment for me is Tekori on the bench. A man mountain which is need especially early.

Looks like the coach has got nostalgic with Tuilagi's selection. I hope he can lift for the occasion.

Glad Census is back.

- - - Updated - - -

I am giving them credit.

The closest Samoa has ever come to NZ is 22 points. This is likely to be a better Samoa team, sure, but when you look through the potential lineup they still aren't going to be fielding many players who would even come close to All Blacks selection.

I think they'll put up a fight for a bit, but I can't see them coming too close on the scoreboard.

The Samoan team of the 1993 New Zealand Tour was an amazing squad winning every match apart from the final match where Grant Fox's boot flattered the home side in a close encounter where the blacks score 2 tries to 1. That Samoan team has wonderful world class players. I honestly don't think we've produced a better team although the team that beat Australia in 2011 is close.

Pretty pleased to see Slade wasn't chosen for the wing if I'm honest. Interesting to see Moala there - like him but I sort of hope he's not too good as I'd rather see NMS and Naholo in a final squad. Hope to see Brad Weber have a really strong game, and Nepo Laulala.

Can't help but feel there are a few guys on the bench and run on squad - who will one day be the answer to a pub quiz question? 'which All Blacks received their sole cap against Samoa in 2015'.

Moala definitely has a bright future, his versatility is very handy too. Ngatai should make the ABs next year onwards as we'll be short of centres and he's a really balanced player - bit of a utility if need be too. Personally I only reckon Weber is the only potential player who may end up on that pub question because there are quite a few halfbacks ahead of him that are still at a good age.

Moala definitely has a bright future, his versatility is very handy too. Ngatai should make the ABs next year onwards as we'll be short of centres and he's a really balanced player - bit of a utility if need be too. Personally I only reckon Weber is the only potential player who may end up on that pub question because there are quite a few halfbacks ahead of him that are still at a good age.

I'm not so sure we are. Conrad and Ma'a will be gone, still have Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Fekitoa and Ranger.

Personally I like Weber more than Kerr-Barlow, I can't think of which aspect of Webber's game isn't better other than defence (which TKB is very good). Weber's passing game is world class, his running game is excellent. His decision making is very good. He's basically Aaron Smith.

I'm not so sure we are. Conrad and Ma'a will be gone, still have Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Fekitoa and Ranger.

Personally I like Weber more than Kerr-Barlow, I can't think of which aspect of Webber's game isn't better other than defence (which TKB is very good). Weber's passing game is world class, his running game is excellent. His decision making is very good. He's basically Aaron Smith.

I don't like Ranger at centre at all but an option. SBW and Fekitoa the only guarantees for me. I feel Ngatai can become a better player than Crotty too (not to take anything away from him). We've always had 4 centres in and around the squad so Ngatai is definitely a very realistic option, not a starter by any means.

I don't like TKB either but there's no denying his defensive work rate and it's obvious Hansen likes him (picking him when he's barely played this season) and you have other blokes around too (Pulu, Ellis I guess) so definitely a lot more hotly contested. Smith and Perenara will be our duo for the next 4 years tbh, their spots are safe.

I agree Brad Weber is the closest thing we have in NZ to Aaron Smith. He has huge potential, he seems a very smart kid who can think on his feet and be a leader much in the Aaron Smith Mold.

I'm not into Andy Elis for this game while I respect him as a player I think his game is fundamentally flawed for the All Blacks in that he is just too slow distributing and while he is a smart player too much time is spent on him with extra steps and often making a decision after the ball has arrived rather than before it arrives. He's basically got this game by default with him and Cowan the only experienced options available for this test.

I think Moala has a future in the AB's, look at his performances at 12 this year he's really been quite superb. No other midfielder has had a running game which has consistantly caused opposition defences to splinter and fall back with each touch of the ball like Moala has, Not Nonu, Not Fekitoa not SBW. He's basically been the only thing that has worked this year from the blues. Wish I knew a good source for stats I'm sure they would tell a tale.

With all this scrum half talk, I'm going to throw it out there and say if TJ had as many caps as Aaron smith I would be choosing him, Smiths distribution game is better, but as an all round player, in my opinion TJ is better..

With all this scrum half talk, I'm going to throw it out there and say if TJ had as many caps as Aaron smith I would be choosing him, Smiths distribution game is better, but as an all round player, in my opinion TJ is better..

Fortunately for us you are not an AB selector.

I disagree, Aaron Smith is streets ahead of Perenara. I've seen Perenara look out of his depth playing test Rugby and out of sorts in high pressure games whereas Aaron Smith lifts under pressure. Believe me as a Wallabies fan, I'd give them a slight chance against NZ but only without Aaron Smith at 9.

Expecting a really close game. Plenty of big tackles and a open style running game. Good matchups Tuilagi vs Moala, Alafoti vs Kaino and Nanai Williams going up against Dagg.

Samoa by 2 or AB's by 8
I think the AB's parade tomorrow will wear them out :p

To redeem my self, I would go with Naholo and savea on the wings.

The question people will be wondering is which midfield combination does Hansen play, so many options..

I'm pulled towards Nonu and Fekitoa but then your leaving out Smith and Sonny Bill.. You kiwi's don't have it bad

Smith and Nonu will start, 100% barring injuries. I think Fekitoa is a better option than Money Boy. Better defense, more heart. Easy pick after his performances this season, he improved on a great season last year and has gone the extra step, he has x factor.

Why does George Skivington appear to in the Samoan team photo? Front row towards the right.
CJIGFsgUAAAtV3g.jpg

From this it looks like he's out there presenting jerseys to a village side on behalf of London Irish/Daniel Leo.

Not sure on his coaching status, but considering he's nearing the end of his career, it wouldn't surprise me if he was doing a bit of lineout/forwards coaching too.

Skivington is part of the Samoans forwards coaching team now, I think just for the World Cup and build up.

According to Leo's Twitter

Gues the like with trev and Leo.

This is true I think he is also doing it cause Mapasua our ex centre is head
of the SRU. Also he can tap up some more players for us. Also is Paul Perez a 7s player.

Latest posts