• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa V New Zealand July 8th 2015

Don't think All Blacks will run away with this, but AB's by 14!! good luck AB's.

All black team to face Samoa.

1.) Tony Woodcock
2.) Keven Mealamu
3.) Owen Franks
4.) Luke Romano
5.) Sam Whitelock
6.) Jerome Kaino
7.) Richie McCaw (C)
8.) Kieran Read

9.) Andy Ellis
10.) Dan Carter
11.) Charles Piutau
12.) Sonny Bill Williams
13.) Ryan Crotty
14.) George Moala
15.) Israel Dagg

Res: Hika Elliot, Wyatt Crockett, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Matt Todd, Brad Weber, Colin Slade, Charlie Ngatai.

Mealamu is over the hill. Whichever way you try to spin it . He should not be an all black ! Woodcock and franks are not the players they used to be. I hope they prove me wrong. Andy Ellis deserves to be here. Good to see Charles piutau.( he is a class act who is leaving new zealand because I think he doesn't feel appreciated) Israel dagg is another who should not be an all black.

Mealamu is over the hill. Whichever way you try to spin it . He should not be an all black ! Woodcock and franks are not the players they used to be. I hope they prove me wrong. Andy Ellis deserves to be here. Good to see Charles piutau.( he is a class act who is leaving new zealand because I think he doesn't feel appreciated) Israel dagg is another who should not be an all black.

hehe I pretty much disagree with you on every point. well done :p

mealamu is past his prime but we still need him and he is a senior leader who sets a very good example for the squad. One of the players that drives team culture. And he still has the ability to pull good performances out of the hat when needed. The Return of Hika Elliot eases the pressure on him somewhat but he still plays an important role backing up Coles while a long term option is yet to be found.

I would hold judgment on woody & franks when it comes to test rugby, they will do the job. Woody has been written off enough times and come back to play a critical role for the All Blacks enough times to give him the benefit of the doubt at every turn until he proves otherwise.

Andy Elis sucks, but he's the only experienced option left other than Cowan so he gets this test by default. He's our #5-6 halfback, he's a smart guy with good skills but his clearance is fundamentally flawed in that it's just too slow for the All Blacks.

While Piutau will be frustrated by his season with the blues he was always well looked after by the All Blacks & Steve hansen, he's leaving because he got a huge amount of money waved under his nose simple as that.

While Dagg shouldn't be our #1 fullback now his experience and the time invested in him is important for world cup year and he showed signs of improvement before injury. It's important to give him a chance to show he has the goods prior to the WC.

hehe I pretty much disagree with you on every point. well done :p

mealamu is past his prime but we still need him and he is a senior leader who sets a very good example for the squad. One of the players that drives team culture. And he still has the ability to pull good performances out of the hat when needed. The Return of Hika Elliot eases the pressure on him somewhat but he still plays an important role backing up Coles while a long term option is yet to be found.

I would hold judgment on woody & franks when it comes to test rugby, they will do the job. Woody has been written off enough times and come back to play a critical role for the All Blacks enough times to give him the benefit of the doubt at every turn until he proves otherwise.

Andy Elis sucks, but he's the only experienced option left other than Cowan so he gets this test by default. He's our #5-6 halfback, he's a smart guy with good skills but his clearance is fundamentally flawed in that it's just too slow for the All Blacks.

While Piutau will be frustrated by his season with the blues he was always well looked after by the All Blacks & Steve hansen, he's leaving because he got a huge amount of money waved under his nose simple as that.

While Dagg shouldn't be our #1 fullback now his experience and the time invested in him is important for world cup year and he showed signs of improvement before injury. It's important to give him a chance to show he has the goods prior to the WC.

Well said Larksea. That post from Chikwa Chibwe has to be trolling!

As far as the game goes; (with my Black tinted glasses on) I think it will be all over as a contest by - or just after - halftime.

Not being arrogant, but on paper, the ABs team just looks far superior.
That being said, the game IS being played on Samoan soil, not paper. And given that this is the first time Samoa has had home field advantage; anything could happen.

Here's hoping its a beauty! Pretty excited for this match!

Feels like Rugby in NZ is peaking again after a couple of ho-hum years when it has felt the public hasn't been quite as engaged as other times.

Tim Nanai-Williams just said this was the first time he'd been to Samoa...when he debuts for the national team. Good job IRB.

Not over as a contest by a long shot!
Just before halftime and its 12-3 to ABs.

..not a try scored yet... who would have thunk it??

Not over as a contest by a long shot!
Just before halftime and its 12-3 to ABs.

..not a try scored yet... who would have thunk it??

Me, called it earlier it was going to be close. With that back line and the old men we're carrying in the tight 5..

Samoa won't win this, I'm glad it's this close at HT but you'd have to think the ABs will start holding onto these passes and score a couple. Samoa's kicking has been terrible.

very few opportunities to score tries in that first halb
tuilagui still got it, he deserves his selection
i'm disapointed by nanai williams

Me, called it earlier it was going to be close. With that back line and the old men we're carrying in the tight 5..

Have you ever thought of being the Auckland coach? Kiwi, your nous is impeccable. Hats off to you mate, you know your stuff.

Just a tad arrogant bro.....calm down mate.

Finally Webber comes on! This should speed things up a bit.

Pretty meh game but good on Samoa. Much better 2nd half. ABs definitely very rusty.

Latest posts