English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
RWC%202011.png

Rugby Park, Invercargill (10-09-2011, 13:00)
Scotland.png
Versus Challenge.png
Romania.png

Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill
10/09/2011
13:00
Referee: Dave Pearson (ENG)

[TABLE="class: grid"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Scotland
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Romania
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Paterson[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Iulian Dumitras[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Max Evans[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Stefan Ciuntu[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Joe Ansbro[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Csaba Gal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean Lamont[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Ionut Dimofte[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Simon Danielli[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Madalin Lemnaru[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ruaridh Jackson[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Danut Dumbrava[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mike Blair[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Lucian Sirbu[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Richie Vernon[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Daniel Carpo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]John Barclay[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Ovidiu Tonita[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kelly Brown[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Mihai Macovei[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alastair Kellock (c)[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Valentin Ursache[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Richie Gray[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Cristian Petre[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Geoff Cross[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Paulica Ion[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Ford[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Marius Tincu (c)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Allan Jacobsen[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Mihaita Lazar[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scott Lawson[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Bogdan Zebega[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alasdair Dickinson[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Silviu Florea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nathan Hines[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Valentin Popirlan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Rennie[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Stelian Burcea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Cusiter[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Florin Surugiu[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dan Parks[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]ionel Cazan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rory Lamont[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Florin Vlaicu[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Ooooooh

I'm feeling so giddy, Mon the Scots B)

We'll desperately need the points difference in this group, need to score at least 50, or at least round about what we got in the last RWC

Ooooooh

I'm feeling so giddy, Mon the Scots B)

We'll desperately need the points difference in this group, need to score at least 50, or at least round about what we got in the last RWC

50 points... do you really think Paterson will be able to kick 17 penalties :p (As I now look up the score between the teams from the last RWC - 42-0 - I see that there were 6 converted tries and not one penalty!)

Would have loved to have gone down to this game, but unfortunately it is on the same day as England v Argentina. Not sure what to expect from Romania - I remember being impressed with them when they narrowly lost to Italy at the last RWC. However, they seemed to fade as the tournament progressed, being well beaten by both the AB's and Scotland and struggling to beat Portugal 14-10.

The Scots will desperately need the points so they'll probably be all over us. Generally here it is regarded that if we catch them in a bad day we might get a defensive bonus point but I doubt it.

I really hope Scotland will get to qualify out of the groups.

50 points... do you really think Paterson will be able to kick 17 penalties :p (As I now look up the score between the teams from the last RWC - 42-0 - I see that there were 6 converted tries and not one penalty!)

Would have loved to have gone down to this game, but unfortunately it is on the same day as England v Argentina. Not sure what to expect from Romania - I remember being impressed with them when they narrowly lost to Italy at the last RWC. However, they seemed to fade as the tournament progressed, being well beaten by both the AB's and Scotland and struggling to beat Portugal 14-10.

Oooof, touche good man, touche.

The last game against Romania was the last time any venture of audacity on our side actually paid off (or maybe it was vs. Portugal), with Parks (I think) doing an across field kick from ten metres out of there try-line, and we scored.

I feel sick, using the word 'audacity' without the phrase 'lack of' in the same sentence as Parks takes a lot out of ya.

And no one go on about how a comma represents a whole new sentence.

haha ive spent all 1477 v cash on the first couple of games of this world cup, including 1000 on the wallabies and 400 on the all blacks, leaving me with 7 whole dollars to put on scotland!!! better not let me down!

Big shame for Romania/him as a player - they should've given him a glass of milk laced with sleeping pills like in the A Team

Oh dear, I'm no fan of a shaky aeroplane journey, but you gotta feel for the Romanians.

http://www.espnscrum.com/2011-rugby-world-cup/rugby/story/147477.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

40 hours, who the hell is the pilot, Amelia Earhardt?

The plane will have the following route: Bucharest - Viena - Dubai - Christchurch (Bangkok and Sydney). If the plane would go directly to Christchurch in about 7-8 hours they would be on New Zeeland soil.

Fercu is one of out best player from backs. He's got speed, agility, good kicking ...

It's a shame, he was one of the best backs we had. Can't help to think there's something fishy about his decision since there are a lot of therapists and psychologists who can help him with the problem...

The plane will have the following route: Bucharest - Viena - Dubai - Christchurch (Bangkok and Sydney). If the plane would go directly to Christchurch in about 7-8 hours they would be on New Zeeland soil.

Fercu is one of out best player from backs. He's got speed, agility, good kicking ...

That's quite some journey. Aren't there any direct flights from Bucharest to Dubai/ Singapore?

It's a pity, injuries are unfortunate but part of the game.

I wonder what part of the flying experience frightens him the most, it can't possibly be something going with the wings, surely?

Italy have had to go on a very roundabout route as well, Castrogiovanni was going on about it on twitter

I think it's the IRB that have paid for these flights (from Castro going on about it) whereas other teams have funded themselves (or in the case of England, have a sponsor in the form of BA who have flown them first class to NZ via Los Angeles)

It seems irrational to me, but I respect that he has the courage to do what he feels is best. Although, if I were him, I know I'd end up regretting not going. Scotland > 7.

It's a shame, he was one of the best backs we had. Can't help to think there's something fishy about his decision since there are a lot of therapists and psychologists who can help him with the problem...

A friend of mine knows him. He doesn't maked such things, and he has a fear of flying and our Federation/National team staff knew about this.

So why didn't they do anything about it.... as I said, there are therapists who can help get pass phobias. It just seems unproffesional that's all. At least give more details.

What details do you want though?
He's said exactly why he isn't going: phobia of flying, and a very long flight/flights to get to NZ

So why didn't they do anything about it.... as I said, there are therapists who can help get pass phobias. It just seems unproffesional that's all. At least give more details.

I don't know. I think Romania's national staff didn't thought his phobias would be so strong that he couldn't fly to New Zeeland. I mean, he went in France and other European countries by plane, but there were short distances.

Latest posts