• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - Romania (10-09-2011, 13:00)

Gutted for Romania, though I thought Parks' solid game earned Scotland the win...

Like I predicted, Scotland won but victory was not easy

We are awaiting interesting match between Georgia and Scotland

thanks m8 . I look forward for the game against you , wich i think it will offer a gerat show , nommater the winning squad . It's the derby of the East after all. Good luck in your next matches , but not against us:D

Romania had a good game maybe because Scotland played exactly how it was anticipated. 10 man rugby is somewhat similar to what the oaks play. The Scottish scrum looked awful though, especially at Carpo's try.

Keep seeing clips on the news and on the RWC coverage and it's bringing back all the emotions :(

I am proud of our boys, they believed they could win and they gave 100%. If our best winger (Catalin Fercu) was on the field, that could have made the difference since his replacement Ciuntu really was horrible.

For those wondering why motm Marius Tincu was replaced: he is playing with a pretty serious knee injury. He postponed surgery until after the RWC because he really wanted to help the team, but the knee pain doesn't allow him to play entire games. He was still the best on the field, a true captain and hero.

will this result be a sign of a real chance for Georgia? (who are comfortably better than Romania at the moment)

or will it be Scotland getting a poor performance and any complacency out of the way before that match?

Scotland's pack, in particular their scrum, is going to get beasted by just about everyone in this group. They'll be knackered by the time they face England (and yet still find a way to raise their game by 50%).

will this result be a sign of a real chance for Georgia? (who are comfortably better than Romania at the moment)

or will it be Scotland getting a poor performance and any complacency out of the way before that match?

keep in mind that many of our players are having a 3rd world cup , and this experience might be important in a direct match

Scotland's pack, in particular their scrum, is going to get beasted by just about everyone in this group. They'll be knackered by the time they face England (and yet still find a way to raise their game by 50%).

It was a bad performance by our pack, but by no means the norm. Our pack is IMO, roughly equal to Argentina's but obviously weaker than Englands, but as you said the intensity with which we play against them tends to level things out.

We have a decent pack that had an off day, I expect Robinson to make them fear for the future of their careers with the arduous training to correct those errors he will put them through these nest few days.

LordHope, from your post one concludes that in your opinion, the Argentina pack was obviously weaker then England's. I think we saw a different game.
I think the Scottish pack might get bullied. Before the WC started I thought Scotland would eliminate Argentina, now I have second thoughts about it.

LordHope, from your post one concludes that in your opinion, the Argentina pack was obviously weaker then England's. I think we saw a different game.
I think the Scottish pack might get bullied. Before the WC started I thought Scotland would eliminate Argentina, now I have second thoughts about it.

Yes, I think both the English and Scottish packs are more cohesive more often than the Argentine pack, no doubt the lack matches during the year will be pointed out, but it remains the same none-the less.

Individually Argentina has better players than Scotland, just lack of game-time together and the players being mostly at different clubs ( if not all) means they don't work as well as a complete pack as us. When we don't work well, as in yesterday we get found out. Where-as the other two packs won't get bullied as we were by 'lesser' players.

Last edited:
Really enjoyable game... Romania seem to be reasonable limited, but they played brilliantly to their strengths. Scotland just did enough to win.. they are going to have to play much better if they want to beat Georgia on Wednesday. I'm sure their team is going to be sore too after this game!

Latest posts