• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - Romania (10-09-2011, 13:00)

Good work by Tincu at that ruck

3 pts for Romania and they're back in BP territory!

In other news: I'M SO TIRED! I really want to watch all four games this morning, but I think I'm going to have to go sleep during Fiji, or else I'll miss the England match :lol:

Oof, poor restart by Parks

Man up :p am pulling an all nighter to watch all 4 then sleeping after England - Argentina finishes.

Anyone notice they played the 'lucky lucky, you so lucky' bit from Franz Ferdinands 'Do You Wanna' after Danielli scored? :p

Original plan was to get to the gym after the England match :lol:

Might have to follow your lead now though :p

Romania was so close. I'm sad we didn't get the defensive bonus point.

ROMANIA FOR THE 7 NATIONS !!!

P.S.: Have you seen that wings from our shirts. They're prety cool :).

A wee question, why didn't you guys just grab a few hours of sleep before this game? Nightlife I'm guessing?

great result! If Scotland play like this against Georgia i think we are the favorites. Can't wait for 14th!! congrats to Romanians this was a great game played with great heart.. even tho we are rivals we have the same goal.

What a wonderful game.
Romania made that game, playing some wonderful rugby. Their first up tackles was the one major factor that let them down. If they made their first up tackles then scotland wouldn't have had at least 2 of those tries, because they were scored from weak defence.
Hopefully scots can learn from this and take a better game to the argies and english.

Just finished watching Scotland hold off Romania.

I have to say, it was a really exciting game to watch, towards the end my heart was behind the Romanians to pull the shock upset. I think finally going behind on the scoreboard woke up the Scots however, as if the try that put Romania ahead actually shifted the momentum back in their favor. Romania had a brief spell late while they were down by 5 and some hope crept back in, but then Scotland slammed the door on them.

Romania's scrum was just... one of the most powerful pushes I've seen lately. The way they destroyed Scotland for their try that put them ahead was just amazing. They'll be disappointed they let a chance slip away at a shocking defeat of Scotland, but the Romanians can be proud of how they played today. Their forwards were pretty impressive all game in general, but their backs looked like schoolboys.

Just finished watching Scotland hold off Romania.

I have to say, it was a really exciting game to watch, towards the end my heart was behind the Romanians to pull the shock upset. I think finally going behind on the scoreboard woke up the Scots however, as if the try that put Romania ahead actually shifted the momentum back in their favor. Romania had a brief spell late while they were down by 5 and some hope crept back in, but then Scotland slammed the door on them.

Romania's scrum was just... one of the most powerful pushes I've seen lately. The way they destroyed Scotland for their try that put them ahead was just amazing. They'll be disappointed they let a chance slip away at a shocking defeat of Scotland, but the Romanians can be proud of how they played today. Their forwards were pretty impressive all game in general, but their backs looked like schoolboys.

Agreed Tricia, the backs were nothing on their awesome forwards!

Anyone notice they played the 'lucky lucky, you so lucky' bit from Franz Ferdinands 'Do You Wanna' after Danielli scored? :p

Yep, I had a bit of a laugh about that myself.

I think all in all for a small town of 45,000 Invercargill turned on pretty good conditions for a Rugby World Cup game too. :D

A wee question, why didn't you guys just grab a few hours of sleep before this game? Nightlife I'm guessing?

I did!

Went to bed at 11ish - woke up to my alarm at 1.50am thinking "What the hell is this for? Why would I get up at 1.50?!"
Closed my eyes, then jumped up at 2.10 and ran through to watch the game :lol:

I did!

Went to bed at 11ish - woke up to my alarm at 1.50am thinking "What the hell is this for? Why would I get up at 1.50?!"
Closed my eyes, then jumped up at 2.10 and ran through to watch the game :lol:

I'm the opposite; watching from North America I get to stay up late to watch the games. New Zealand vs. Tonga kicked off at 1:30 a.m. local time last night.

I watched Scotland - Romania at 4 o'clock local time. Can you beat this? :D.

Wild game... Scotland still do not look to be even firing close to 100%

They need to figure it out when they face England and Argentina

Georgia match is going to give Robinson a headache - he can't really afford to rest any players as, if they play like today, they could well lose so he'll need continuity and his strongest team - but then risk burning out vs Argentina and/or England

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I'm guessing he will go with Jackson at 10 although he didn't look that much better than Parks, slim pickings at fly-half for the scots.

Georgia match is going to give Robinson a headache - he can't really afford to rest any players as, if they play like today, they could well lose so he'll need continuity and his strongest team - but then risk burning out vs Argentina and/or England

All too true, however our starting front-row was only seen in the scrims today, and only seen going backwards at that. Very little if any work in the loose, fleck me, even Dickinson looked okay in comparison.

Next game, I hope we see the following changes:
Parks out of the 22 completely
Cusiter in for Blair
Parks out of the 22 completely, Paterson to cover 10
Moray Low in for Jacobsen, Murray on the bench if not starting. No one to replace Ford.
Parks out of the 22 completely
Rennie in for Barclay, the latter gave away far too many penalties.
Parks out of the 22 completely.

Oh, and one last thing I might have forgotten, Parks out of the 22 completely.
Otherwise at times other were okay, first time in a long time where our backs out-performed our forwards and won us the game.

P.S.: Parks out of the 22 completely

I'm guessing he will go with Jackson at 10 although he didn't look that much better than Parks, slim pickings at fly-half for the scots.

The prosecution would like show the court exhibit A.

(Exhibit A is screened, showing the court Parks' restarts and kicks.)

Statement from prosecution: As is clear for the court so see, Dan Parks' performance was akin to a crap taking a dump.
The prosecution rests.

What about Parks though? He was pretty poor today...

:p

The prosecution would like show the court exhibit A.

(Exhibit A is screened, showing the court Parks' restarts and kicks.)

Statement from prosecution: As is clear for the court so see, Dan Parks' performance was akin to a crap taking a dump.
The prosecution rests.

LOL yeah that was brutal two of them straight out!! Weird event with the ball blowing off the tee for Paterson's conversion pretty much summed up Scotlands afternoon.

Awesome stuff from Romania, great performance. Gutted they didn't pick up a bonus point. Hopefully that and Tonga's second half against us gives the underdogs a bit of belief, I'd love to see an upset or two.

Latest posts