• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] Round 2: England vs Wales (10/02/2018)

LOL you asked if I was joking in response to my "wales did only concede 2 tries" - was I watching another match? Wales did only concede 2 tries in Eng v Wal on saturday right? Duh!

Ah didn't notice I typed tries rather than penalties. However stand by following bit.

Where is this May **** coming from? It's unquestionable that he grounded it, you could clearly see it.

It was a very professional performance from England, they executed the kicking game extremely well and scored two good tries. Their defensive pressure was excellent and Wales really struggled for much of the game to really create anything. However I would take that as a positive for Wales, Twickenham is a hard place to go to and to be in with a chance of winning it in the last play (however likely) is pretty decent. It's a shame about Pacthell he didn't have the best of days but I still think he is the way forward for Wales and would start him for wales. Wales had too many basic errors though and that was the difference between the teams, every time they would get into a good position in the 22, they would lose a line out or knock it on (there were many of these). I think Jones really got one up on Gatland at the start. Wales seemed to take England on at a kicking game which they were never going to win and I know the conditions were poor but i thought they would have backed themselves a bit more with the ball in hand. I still don't get the obsession of not kicking to touch though.
Wales seem to bean indoor team

Where is this May **** coming from? It's unquestionable that he grounded it, you could clearly see it.
because initially he doesn't and then the camera cuts off at the moment they are saying he did just brought it into question because I didn't see it grounded but not making a big fuss of it

When you say the camera cuts off before he grounds it are you talking about a highlights video? I'm sure it was visible during the live broadcast. Could be wrong, I don't have a recording to go check.

I suppose I'm just surprised because this is coming up everywhere despite it being so incredibly easy to check. Personally I'd dedicate 30 seconds to watching a readily available Youtube video before claiming a try should've been disallowed. Christ, people are spending more time writing comments about the 'non-grounding' than they would've needed to spend on simply watching the grounding.

When you say the camera cuts off before he grounds it are you talking about a highlights video? I'm sure it was visible during the live broadcast. Could be wrong, I don't have a recording to go check.

I suppose I'm just surprised because this is coming up everywhere despite it being so incredibly easy to check. Personally I'd dedicate 30 seconds to watching a readily available Youtube video before claiming a try should've been disallowed. Christ, people are spending more time writing comments about the 'non-grounding' than they would've needed to spend on simply watching the grounding.
I think so - I just had a look on the ITV replay - initial angle from behind doesn't show much; then you get a reverse angle which clearly shows him slide, and then dot the ball down; then a close up of either the same, or a very similar angle which cuts off before he dots it down. Highlights show the first and 3rd angles, not the 2nd.

the may tries were both fine, very well worked , bits of farrell magic and launchbury brilliant ball inside. no arguments at all, good rugby

I don't underestimate us, but nor am I wholly convinced. Last year we lost to Ire, Wal should have closed it out and we narrowly scuffed past a poor France. If Lady Luck had been smiling on others we could easily have lost all 3 and we could have lost again on Sat. We didn't, and winning's a great habit. Teams respect us and know they'll be in for a tough afternoon but I don't think that we're close to having an AB style aura about us.

A little bit harsh.

England still went to Cardiff and won. Ireland outplayed England to win but I don't think Wales did at all. I think it was an even game that England won in the end. The rest of the games last year England were never outplayed always the better team, sometimes just.

Hard to see if it did touch his fingers (mostly due to me not being able to zoom in at the right second with enough image quality...), so must be bloody close either way.

Out of interest, anyone know the exact rules about tackle a man trying to catch a bouncing ball? Just wondering if there's a case for Care tackling Evans off the ball, as Care was going for him and not the ball? I imagine it's alright as Care's hand only just about gets to Evans arm a split second before Evans' knee/fingernail hits the ball, but if anyone know the exact law that'd be great , as it's one of those things I'm never sure on!

Either way, as frustrating as the "no clear grounding" ruling by the TMO was at the time, no point dwelling on it. The reason we lost this match is England were smarter and took their clear cut chances, and Wales had at least two clear cut chances (3 if you include the shot to nothing disallowed try), and couldn't finish them - one due to a mind-boggling decision to kick from Shingler and the other due to a ridiculously good tackle from Underhill (clearly learned in Wales... ;)) / Scott diving too bloody early...

Can't help but feel it was a missed opportunity for us, but hats off to the Sais, you deserved it!

Out of interest, anyone know the exact rules about tackle a man trying to catch a bouncing ball? Just wondering if there's a case for Care tackling Evans off the ball, as Care was going for him and not the ball? I imagine it's alright as Care's hand only just about gets to Evans arm a split second before Evans' knee/fingernail hits the ball, but if anyone know the exact law that'd be great , as it's one of those things I'm never sure on!
I think it goes under the standard late tackle/tackling player without the ball rules if the player has legitimate reason to believe the player would have hold of the ball and is already committed then its usually waved off.

I think it goes under the standard late tackle/tackling player without the ball rules if the player has legitimate reason to believe the player would have hold of the ball and is already committed then its usually waved off.

Yeah thought that might be the case! Would've probably been harsh to flag Care up on that as even if he gets to him early its a close run thing, and happens too quickly in real time to really notice.

Hard to see if it did touch his fingers (mostly due to me not being able to zoom in at the right second with enough image quality...), so must be bloody close either way.

Either way, as frustrating as the "no clear grounding" ruling by the TMO was at the time, no point dwelling on it. The reason we lost this match is England were smarter and took their clear cut chances, and Wales had at least two clear cut chances (3 if you include the shot to nothing disallowed try), and couldn't finish them - one due to a mind-boggling decision to kick from Shingler and the other due to a ridiculously good tackle from Underhill (clearly learned in Wales... ;)) / Scott diving too bloody early...

Can't help but feel it was a missed opportunity for us, but hats off to the Sais, you deserved it!

I'm not sure about the exact wording but I know refs have said it's fine for others as he was in the process of catching the ball.

I just want raise something else and I honestly don't know if the scrum laws have change this much.

The Welsh scrummy on more than one occasion after being told to put me made a side step towards his players and more of less placed it at the 1/3 feet. The ball was never hooked but then kinds of made it to the 6/7.

England may have just been as bad but I didn't see it. But I thought straight put ins and geuine hooking was suppose to actually be a thing this year....guess it lasted one game usual.

Latest posts