• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Wales (14 June - Pretoria)

Britz and Pietersen have joined the bok squad :bana:

http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/article....d&id=257495

apparently John Smit is being released to play in the French top 14 semis, so he'll miss the Itly test and Britz is seriously being contending for selection (rightfully so too). My prediction of a Italy test for Britz doesn't seems all the more likely now, even if he does just come off the bench.

Britz and Pietersen have joined the bok squad :bana:

http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/article....d&id=257495

apparently John Smit is being released to play in the French top 14 semis, so he'll miss the Itly test and Britz is seriously being contending for selection (rightfully so too). My prediction of a Italy test for Britz doesn't seems all the more likely now, even if he does just come off the bench.
[/b]
Britz does definitely deserve a spot, as you say.
He's a freak!

Britz does definitely deserve a spot, as you say.
He's a freak!
[/b]

Sure does. I'm just hoping Chavhanga is not injured, and still stays first choice...

Holy crap, I'm surprised you could read what I wrote there.
Grammarfail to the max, soz.

I blame it on having just woken up coupled with the excitement of the news. :p

Lol, bru that posted around 12! To be fair though, you only beat me by an hour and a half :p

Brits was the best hooker in the Super 14, it would have been ridiculous if he didnt get a call up. Pietersen is out of form and doesnt do much anyway except run in tries, hopefullly Chavanga will be fit.

<div class='quotemain'>
Lol, bru that posted around 12! To be fair though, you only beat me by an hour and a half :p
[/b]
Is that Leonardo DiCaprio in blood diamond?
[/b][/quote]
Nah he's Rhodean "huh"

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Is that Leonardo DiCaprio in blood diamond?
[/b][/quote]
Nah he's Rhodean "huh"
[/b][/quote]
ya, I get your drift bru!(then drags agressively on a cigarette)

Cool, I'll be sure to catch it live. Lets hope Hook doesn't play fullback, his talents will be wasted there.

Surley Bishop should come in at 12? But there are doubts over his defence![/b]
Can't believe there would be doubts over his defence, one of the best tackling 12's I've seen!

There's an even more bizare story coming from the BBC today, Hook moving to fullback and Jamie Roberts moving to 12! I'm sure Roberts could be converted to 12 in time, but not for the first time (anyone know if he's played there before?) against the Boks!

<div class='quotemain'> Surley Bishop should come in at 12? But there are doubts over his defence![/b]
Can't believe there would be doubts over his defence, one of the best tackling 12's I've seen!

There's an even more bizare story coming from the BBC today, Hook moving to fullback and Jamie Roberts moving to 12! I'm sure Roberts could be converted to 12 in time, but not for the first time (anyone know if he's played there before?) against the Boks! [/b][/quote]

Roberts only has played Wing / Fullback as far as I know!

But there are doubts over Bishop's defence and it has been underlined by a few pundits and commentators on games I have seen. I reckon hes a better bet at 12 for Wales!

<div class='quotemain'>Is rugby the Welsh national sport?[/b]
Officially yes, but im terms of the number watching and playing it's taken a back seat to football.
[/b][/quote]

You what!

Come off it more people watch Welsh rugby more than Welsh football and its the same at international level!

Also: Test Team Selection Delayed until 12pm GMT

Officially yes, but im terms of the number watching and playing it's taken a back seat to football.[/b]

Sort of the same situation here i guess... only viewership difference is massive!!!!!

*scratches head wondering how the hell soccer is the national sport when they are ranked near 100*

Wales team to face South Africa: James Hook (Ospreys); Mark Jones (Scarlets), Tom Shanklin (Blues), Jamie Roberts (Blues), Shane Williams (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Gareth Cooper (Gloucester); Gethin Jenkins (Blues), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Rhys Thomas (Dragons), Ian Gough (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), Gareth Delve (Gloucester), Ryan Jones (Ospreys, capt).
Replacements: T Rhys Thomas (Blues), Duncan Jones (Ospreys), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Dafydd Jones (Scarlets), Warren Fury (London Irish), Andrew Bishop (Ospreys), Tom James (Blues).

Not impressed, im going to have a moment befoe commenting on this team!

Latest posts