• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: New Zealand vs Ireland - 3rd Test. (23/6/2012, 07:35 GMT)

ehhhh I wanna go to bed :'( oh well second half comeback, Bod gets his head on and sends paddy wallace in for 17 tries and O'gara kick 300 penalties

could Drico have repurcussions for his very obvious loud dissent?

I'd have no problem with that yellow if Poite had penalised Touhy for exactly the same action 30 minutes before. If Poite considered the Touhy knock on accidental then surely he considers Kearney's to be accidental. Poor consistency from Poite.

Anyway Ireland have done the exact opposite of last week. They haven't been direct enough, leading to atrocious knock ons, we haven't met them in defence and our tackling has been poor.

Ironically Touhy is having his best game of the tour!

Well that was an abject first half. Missed tackles, knock ons and poor option taking.

I had a feeling last week wasn't going to be a bright new dawn for Ireland.

Not to say that the AB's haven't been excellent though.

yeah the tackling is shite, there all up high getting pushed back backs should be tackle ankles and breaking them

Breakdowns are a mess - NZ have decided to use the same tactics that Ireland employed in the last couple of weeks, i.e. the NH interpretation of the rules. The contest is a lot more even because of this.

Breakdowns are a mess - NZ have decided to use the same tactics that Ireland employed in the last couple of weeks, i.e. the NH interpretation of the rules. The contest is a lot more even because of this.

I'd agree with your general point, but would take issue with your use of the words even andcontest. Neither of them could be accurately applied to this match.

Latest posts