• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Argentina - 10/07/21

He had a clear line of sight of another 50m running at him full tilt.
Yeah, but he dropped in the process of making the tackle - that's the mitigation
The tackle would've been legal but for the drop

You said it was play on. Lol
Bants, though, ay it
It was a penalty, maybe a yellow if you're feeling harsh
I don't think accidental head on head should be judged in the same way as a shoulder on head so:
Argentinian player made a legitimate effort to bend/make a proper tackle (therefor head contact is completely accidental, unlike a more upright tackle) --> Red down to yellow
Welsh player drops during the tackle process causing the head clash --> Yellow down to penalty

1625922588215.png

Carley really looked at that and said there was no bend and no drop

Yeah, but he dropped in the process of making the tackle - that's the mitigation
You initially said red card when it should've been play on. That is why I asked if you were joking.

Intention should be the only thing that matters as you can have identical tip tackles, one player puts his hands down to protect himself and the guy gets a penalty or yellow, one player doesn't, lands on his head and it's a red. Yet both tackles were the same.
Couple of points.
First, i understand where you are coming from but i dont like the idea of judging intention. Adds complexity to the refs already very difficult job. We can call it otherwise, but Judging intention is nothing short of mind-reading.

Second, I am not 100% sure but I am 99% sure that at one point the guideline was something along the lines of "if a player lands on his arms but would have landed on his head had he not cushion the landing with his arms, it should be seen as landing on his head". The principle was that the reflexes and/or reaction of the one being tackled shouldn't mitigate the penalty faced by a wreckless tackler.

Bants, though, ay it
It was a penalty, maybe a yellow if you're feeling harsh
I don't think accidental head on head should be judged in the same way as a shoulder on head so:
Argentinian player made a legitimate effort to bend/make a proper tackle (therefor head contact is completely accidental, unlike a more upright tackle) --> Red down to yellow
Welsh player drops during the tackle process causing the head clash --> Yellow down to penalty
Ok fair. I disagree but reasonable.

Argentina gone the Sale route and decided to start playing when a man down

Missed the red as was changing the nappy, but from that picture certainly looks like mitigation, especially compared to other times refs have mitigated.

As if Argentina hadn't had enough cards, here comes Lavanini.

Woman shouting at the kicker then was pretty shitty,
Silence from the rest of the crowd then she starts shouting at him as he makes his run up

So Wales struggled to a draw against a 14 man Argentinian side that just beat Romania...

Wales lost to Japan before it was cool.

Pretty poor game tbh, I think both Wales and Argentina would be unhappy with the way they played.

The result is actually good. If you said to me before the game it would be a draw it's just what with the red card and the performance not being the best it seems worse than it is.

Latest posts