• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

Into a fifth set between Rafa and Fritz. Rafa looks like he hurt his abdomen early on but seems to have recovered. Good to see another 5 setter, whoever wins. Suspect Rafa with with his Champions mentality.

want to see Rafa win the grand slam but if someone beats Rafa I'd love for it to be an American

Crazy that Sampras is the last American male to win Wimbledon men's ***le. Lethal, but always found his matches dull. Was more of an Agassi fan. Even preferred Steffi's matches.

happy london GIF by Wimbledon

He's done better than I expected after taking that first set. But looking like Novak should wrap it up in 4 sets unless Novak has a drop now.

Sunday's final could get spicy. Especially if Nick K can get that serve firing on a hot day. Would still expect Novak to prevail though.

Prediction: I don't think Serena Williams will win another Grand Slam. She had a great run, but will retire later this year one shy of Margaret Court's record (24).

Last edited:
Prediction: I don't think Serena Williams will win another Grand Slam. She had a great run, but will retire later this year one shy of Margaret Court's record (24).
Could well make this year's US open the one she retires at.

And they say us Poms whinge. Nick giving a lesson in whinging in the Wimbledon final. Prince George must be wondering what he's f'ing and blinding about. 🤔

maybe he's learned that if you tell the umpire what your problem is instead of just blindly whining people will tend to help you.

I'm not a Djokovic fan, but I found myself rooting for him today because Kyrgios is such a whiner. :rolleyes: Nadal was my pick, but an abdominal tear took him out.

Last edited:
Yeh, shame about Nadal tearing his abdominal. I think it would have been a Nadal v Djokovic final, had he not got injured And been a much better, competitive final. I thought Nick would implode when the pressure mounted.

Draw comes out this morning. Hoping for a Djokovic v Alcaraz final. Hopefully this time Carlos doesn't cramp up from the tension of such a big match.

Also be interested to see who Murray faces in week 1. He will be unseeded but deserves a big match on centre court v Novak or Carlos at some point. Apparently he won't quit after this but at least it will show where his level really is. He's won a few Challenger level tournaments.

Apart from perhaps Norrie I do expect all the British players will get knocked out of the first week.

Women's side - looks wide open if Rybakina withdraws.

Last edited:

Latest posts