2013/2014 Heineken Cup Draw

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Is at 2:30, Dublin local time, followed by the Amlin. Shaggy is overseeing it seems. What draw do you guys want for your clubs/provinces/whatever? The seeding is as follows:

Tier 1: Leinster (1), Toulon (2), Toulouse (3), Clermont (4), Munster (6), Ulster (7)

Tier 2: Northampton (9), Cardiff (10), Harlequins (11), Saracens (12), Leicester (13), Perpignan (14)

Tier 3: Edinburgh (15), Ospreys (17), Scarlets (18), Glasgow (19), Montpellier (20), Connacht (21)

Tier 4: Gloucester (23), Castres (25), Racing Metro (26), Exeter (28), Treviso (29), Zebre (35)

The draw can be viewed online, courtesy of the ERC website by clicking on the following link:

http://live.ercrugby.com/eng/player2.php

Racing-Métro in the bottom pool seems very out of place. I bet most will be hoping to avoid them from the fourth lot.

Ulster
Cardiff
Edinburgh
Zebre

That would be a dream..

Ulster
Harlequins
Montpellier
Racing Metro

That would be very unlucky if we got it

Ulster
Cardiff
Edinburgh
Zebre

That would be a dream..

Ulster
Harlequins
Montpellier
Racing Metro

That would be very unlucky if we got it

Top one is entirely impossible. Nature of the tournament demands an English side in each group and a minimum of one French side in each group (with one containing two)

Looking at it in that way, the probable group of death would be something like:

Toulon
Leicester
Ospreys
Racing

or

Leinster
Leicester
Montpellier
Racing

Both fun.

Top one is entirely impossible. Nature of the tournament demands an English side in each group and a minimum of one French side in each group (with one containing two)

Looking at it in that way, the probable group of death would be something like:

Toulon
Leicester
Ospreys
Racing

or

Leinster
Leicester
Montpellier
Racing

Both fun.

The sad thing the above highlights is that my adopted NH team (RM92) is pretty much the determining factor in which pool gets dubbed the PoD. Silver lining though is it makes for good viewing for me as a semi-neutral as I get to watch 'my team' agasint some of the best and am hoping for exciting games. At least for the pool stages.

So we got Northampton who are looking strong enough for next year. Ospreys as well now. Completed by Castres. Tough group.

Ulster's group not looking pretty for them Leicester and Montpellier. Treviso in as well

Munster with Perpignan and Edinburgh. Completed by Gloucester.

Connacht screwed with Toulouse and Saracens. With Zebre being a bit easier.

Last edited:
Ulster's group not looking pretty for them Leicester and Montpellier. Treviso in as well

Quite. A complete Leo Cullen of a group.

Feel for our Scarlets fans here though. Clermont, Quins and Racing? Time to get onto Groupon looking for deals on lube.

Feel for our Scarlets fans here though. Clermont, Quins and Racing? Time to get onto Groupon looking for deals on lube.

Scarlets were never going to do anything anyway. They will just be looking on improving on a whitewash!

The tier system in club rugby is stupid. Wish these draws were done properly. Can't complain, Glos probably got the best group they could have wished for.

Connacht and Zebre getting in the same group again is a farce.

That's basically Toulouse and Saracens through to the quarters already with 5 wins each. With some nice easy bonus points to get a home draw for one of them.

Munster, Perpignan, Edinburgh and Gloucester is the weakest group. No real top sides there. Unfortunately though it probably means Munster will sneak through again, especially if Edinburgh act as the Zebre of the group again and Perpignan gift them like Racing did this year.

Connacht and Zebre getting in the same group again is a farce.

That's basically Toulouse and Saracens through to the quarters already with 5 wins each. With some nice easy bonus points to get a home draw for one of them.

Munster, Perpignan, Edinburgh and Gloucester is the weakest group. No real top sides there. Unfortunately though it probably means Munster will sneak through again, especially if Edinburgh act as the Zebre of the group again and Perpignan gift them like Racing did this year.

Connacht will beat Sarries in the sportsground I think, it's about as far away as you can get from the Allianz park and the Connacht boys will be at Farrell start to finish!

It's exciting times at the Sportsground be interesting who they can scalp as they will get at least one.

How an earth can you guarantee that? Toulouse and Saracens are both easily better than Biarritz.

They've also beaten Harlequins and Leinster. On their day they're well capable. They're nowhere near as **** as you like to make out.

They've also beaten Harlequins and Leinster. On their day they're well capable. They're nowhere near as **** as you like to make out.

Harlequins was a fluke in a pouring conditions against a team who kept turning down penalties (Scotland Australia style). Leinster was a RaboPro12 match against a side that was injury ridden and full of reserves. They would have little chance against them in a Heineken Cup match, or Quins in normal conditions as was proved this season. Toulouse dealt with them pretty handily twice getting 10 points last time as well.

Talking of Connacht, how they have managed to get in the 3rd tier is beyond me. It certainly isn't to do with any notable cup runs at either Amlin or H Cup level. They haven't even ever qualified off their own back. They are a bottom tier side, and it's a joke that two bottom tier sides have got in the same pool again meaning that Connacht can pick up easy points winning over Zebre.

Harlequins was a fluke in a pouring conditions against a team who kept turning down penalties (Scotland Australia style). Leinster was a RaboPro12 match against a side that was injury ridden and full of reserves. They would have little chance against them in a Heineken Cup match, or Quins in normal conditions as was proved this season.

Talking of Connacht, how they have managed to get in the 3rd tier is beyond me. It certainly isn't to do with any notable cup runs at either Amlin or H Cup level. They haven't even ever qualified off their own back. They are a bottom tier side, and it's a joke that two bottom tier sides have got in the same pool again meaning that Connacht can pick up easy points winning over Zebre.

They still won and that's what happens at the Sportsground trust they'll up upset someone's plans.

Why on earth would I know but they did have three notable runs at least in the Amlin reaching the semis.

Latest posts