• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Australia vs France (3rd Test)

If I was you I wouldn't watch it. France just didn't show up. I was almost feeling sorry for them by the end. Almost ;)

well if you don't feel only sorry for them, there's a problem with you I reckon. Whether you're half joking or not, they're harmless and in the biggest shiit they've ever been in, even if one despises France beyond belief there's absolutely no joy or satisfaction in seeing them struggle this much because they're not even competing. This is just awful for world Rugby, and is completely unnatural.
France no longer possess that magical ability to beat the AB against all odds, go and get Grand Slams in the midst of some other European's prime, and next year at the RWC it'll be that much less competitive and special because a giant of world Rugby has died some time ago, and only the weakest will rejoice in that fact.
This isn't a side's current struggles others could find amusing, it's the death of France. That's like learning the country has gone into a civil war and can't play anymore, only the smallest minds of the world could relish this.

Skelton was awesome. It looks like he will be playing a lot more tests for the Wallabies.

Skelton was awesome. It looks like he will be playing a lot more tests for the Wallabies.

I agree - he was very impressive. The way he was cleaning out the breakdown in particular was a feature to me. I still think he needs to improve his work-rate a bit (he was walking round a bit near half-time when I stating watching), but it is scary to think how good he could potential get....

Last edited:
well if you don't feel only sorry for them, there's a problem with you I reckon. Whether you're half joking or not, they're harmless and in the biggest shiit they've ever been in, even if one despises France beyond belief there's absolutely no joy or satisfaction in seeing them struggle this much because they're not even competing. This is just awful for world Rugby, and is completely unnatural.
France no longer possess that magical ability to beat the AB against all odds, go and get Grand Slams in the midst of some other European's prime, and next year at the RWC it'll be that much less competitive and special because a giant of world Rugby has died some time ago, and only the weakest will rejoice in that fact.
This isn't a side's current struggles others could find amusing, it's the death of France. That's like learning the country has gone into a civil war and can't play anymore, only the smallest minds of the world could relish this.

France IMO has always been up and down. When they're down they surprise the ABs at the RWCs. I wouldn't worry too much, the Wallies are a good side. Probably better now with McKenzie at the helm, Folau at the back. I also hear that France is missing players cos they'd rather play club level.

If I was you I wouldn't watch it. France just didn't show up. I was almost feeling sorry for them by the end. Almost ;)

Given that this was a full strength French team, the way we won made it easily the most satisfying match we've played in the series from an Aussie perspective. That said, what was PSA thinking stacking his bench with so many forwards? Completely played into McKenzie's hands and the Wallabies just ran France off the park.

It was a belting and a half, but no worse than the one England just copped at the hands of the All Blacks, so I think it's a bit early to be talking about the death of French rugby - although it should spell the death of PSA's coaching contract.

so I think it's a bit early to be talking about the death of French rugby - although it should spell the death of PSA's coaching contract.

and that's where you show you're far from the realities of the FFR...

Thats shocking players would choose their clubs. Maybe the national side might have to up what they pay their players. However there are some good players out there for France.

In the tri nation teams, players prefer to rep their country. Maybe French players should take heed to that.

The reality is FFR and the national team have nothing to offer to our best players. The clubs do. It is the clubs who develop, train, coach & look after the players. It is only logical that they should be the ones reaping the benefit. The players know where their allegiance is.

There is nothing shocking in players chosing their club when their club is doing everything for them i.e paying them good money, creating a positive professional environment, playing in exciting competitions (Top 14, H Cup) and looking after their career incl. post-playing days. Exactly the opposite of what FFR does. It is what it is.

We don't want our rugby to become a copy & paste of yours. The structure, culture and priorities are different.

The FFR & LNR are run by incompetent amateurs stuck in the past & petty politics, while the clubs embraced profesionnalism to the full a long time ago. During the season Toulon travelled with their dedicated bus offering cryogenic facility to speed up recovery. PSA travelled with a group of injured players to fulfill some brain-dead agreement.THATS the difference.

The players quota and 30 Elite group are brain-dead schemes introduced by the same FFR-LNR monkeys to attempt regaining the control they're losing but it ain't working !

and that's where you show you're far from the realities of the FFR...

Surely things can't be as bad in France as they are in Australia... The ARU is basically broke here and rugby league is completely dominating the game in terms of competition for talent, tv contracts and advertising dollars

The reality is FFR and the national team have nothing to offer to our best players. The clubs do. It is the clubs who develop, train, coach & look after the players. It is only logical that they should be the ones reaping the benefit. The players know where their allegiance is.

There is nothing shocking in players chosing their club when their club is doing everything for them i.e paying them good money, creating a positive professional environment, playing in exciting competitions (Top 14, H Cup) and looking after their career incl. post-playing days. Exactly the opposite of what FFR does. It is what it is.

We don't want our rugby to become a copy & paste of yours. The structure, culture and priorities are different.

The FFR & LNR are run by incompetent amateurs stuck in the past & petty politics, while the clubs embraced profesionnalism to the full a long time ago. During the season Toulon travelled with their dedicated bus offering cryogenic facility to speed up recovery. PSA travelled with a group of injured players to fulfill some brain-dead agreement.THATS the difference.

The players quota and 30 Elite group are brain-dead schemes introduced by the same FFR-LNR monkeys to attempt regaining the control they're losing but it ain't working !
Like I said before, I find it shocking because down here in the south, players would rather play at the highest level which is international, the best of the best. You dont seem to understand that I guess judging from your post.

In Super Rugby players get paid well, get looked after etc just like how you mentioned so theres no difference there BUT they choose to play at the highest level as well.

Im confused now as sanzar says France was at full strength, yet Tony Manx says some players are missing choosing to play club.

Last edited:
Surely things can't be as bad in France as they are in Australia... The ARU is basically broke here and rugby league is completely dominating the game in terms of competition for talent, tv contracts and advertising dollars

Oh FFR are not much better. They were involved in a very unsavoury ticket scheme scandal earlier this season and accused of 'money-laundering' (a very serious accusation under French law for any public organisation). That's how corrupt these people are. FFR-LNR are run like the mob. Any pro club in any sport facing such accusation would be taken to the cleaners here. But these guys won't, they're a fukking mafia.

Like I said before, I find it shocking because down here in the south, players would rather play at the highest level which is international, the best of the best. You dont seem to understand that I guess judging from your post.

Im confused now as sanzar says France was at full strength, yet Tony Manx says some players are missing choosing to play club.

well I wouldn't call the best of the best the rugby drudge I saw in the 2nd test. It was shockingly poor rugby from both sides. I've seen better games in Top 14 & H Cup here. Some of H Cup games I've seen are pretty close to test rugby.

Not saying that they prefer to play for the clubs over the Country but that the club atmosphere makes them play better than that created by PSA et al for international rugby........thus they do not play with the same intensity and heads fall quickerr when things go against them as they do not respect or trust those around them in the international team.

Also not saying that was not that far off the best team that PSA might have picked.....I would use one example of what I mean.

The best French 10 in France by a country mile is Francois Trinh Duc yet he cannot get a look in on the international side. This is understood to be because PSA does not rate his defence. This is like saying Cips should not play for England! Both had questions about their defence but both have improved immeasurably. I would not say either is a Wilko but is it a reason to not pick them.........no way!

PSA makes wrong selections, he has poor coaches around him, they have the wrong team plays, they do not support them strongly enough and they are reaping their rewards.

French problems are not like ARU problems of money and fighting for survival. The FFR problems are incompetence, political and arrogance!

well I wouldn't call the best of the best the rugby drudge I saw in the 2nd test. It was shockingly poor rugby from both sides. I've seen better games in Top 14 & H Cup here. Some of H Cup games I've seen are pretty close to test rugby.
LOL OMG!! Mate you need to learn about Rugby. Everyone should read your post because its just??..you need to be able to understand levels of play in rugby.

I hope everyone your post lol

Oh FFR are not much better. They were involved in a very unsavoury ticket scheme scandal earlier this season and accused of 'money-laundering' (a very serious accusation under French law for any public organisation). That's how corrupt these people are. FFR-LNR are run like the mob. Any pro club in any sport facing such accusation would be taken to the cleaners here. But these guys won't, they're a fukking mafia.

Actually yeah, that is worse... In Australia the ARU aren't corrupt, they've simply been incompetent for too long; they squandered a golden opportunity to become the dominant code of rugby in the early 00s by wasting millions buying league players in what was little more than an advertising stunt, when they should have invested in developing a 3rd tier and consolidating our existing structures.

They've only just worked it out, but have no cash to follow through :-/

Not saying that they prefer to play for the clubs over the Country but that the club atmosphere makes them play better than that created by PSA et al for international rugby........thus they do not play with the same intensity and heads fall quickerr when things go against them as they do not respect or trust those around them in the international team.

Also not saying that was not that far off the best team that PSA might have picked.....I would use one example of what I mean.

The best French 10 in France by a country mile is Francois Trinh Duc yet he cannot get a look in on the international side. This is understood to be because PSA does not rate his defence. This is like saying Cips should not play for England! Both had questions about their defence but both have improved immeasurably. I would not say either is a Wilko but is it a reason to not pick them.........no way!

PSA makes wrong selections, he has poor coaches around him, they have the wrong team plays, they do not support them strongly enough and they are reaping their rewards.

French problems are not like ARU problems of money and fighting for survival. The FFR problems are incompetence, political and arrogance!

Oh yep I got you now. So France was pretty much full strength. With or without those players, the Wallies wouldve still won I guess.

LOL OMG!! Mate you need to learn about Rugby. Everyone should read your post because its just??..you need to be able to understand levels of play in rugby.

I hope everyone your post lol

Don't lecture. And Im not your mate. Maybe you need to learn how to read your own language. Look at the many posts for the 2nd test. Everyone said it was dire rugby. And it was. I've seen better games in Top 14 and H Cup.

LOL OMG!! Mate you need to learn about Rugby. Everyone should read your post because its just??..you need to be able to understand levels of play in rugby.I hope everyone your post lol

His post and your reply emphasises the idealogical differences between the French and SH as far as the importance of international rugby goes!

The French supporters are invested in their clubs which represent their towns and are at the heartbeat of their lives....International rugby is something the elitists in Paris pay a fortune to trip up to St Denis after a good dinner to watch! The rugby system is not a pyramid, as it is in NZ/SA where everyone tries to get to the top being the international game........I imagine the Wallabies are the pinnacle as the rugby under the international level there is no as competitive as most other countries due to the spread of too little talent over too many teams!

I too get more involved when my club is playing than any international game

Don't lecture. And Im not your mate. Maybe you need to learn how to read your own language. Look at the many posts for the 2nd test. Everyone said it was dire rugby. And it was. I've seen better games in Top 14 and H Cup.

Ok what will happen if Aus, NZ or ENG played one of these great club sides youre talking about? Will your side beat any of those 3 teams?..yeah thats right lol

Latest posts