• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: France vs. Italy (06/02/2016)

Well. That was unexpected. I thought they were edging closer quite nicely! Bizarre end.

Parisse really? Why did they take their 10 off? Cramp....ridiculous!

France did not deserve that win but as they say a win is a win is a win!! Bet England would take that over the Scots!!

Utterly bizarre ending; what possessed him to even be standing there, let alone to make that decision?
Ego overtaking his usually cool head?

In fairness Harmona was hiding. He went back but never had intention.

On France. Great to see Noves is bringing the old France back.

Gutted for the Italians, a famous win has been stolen from them by a poor refereeing decision on Parisse, they should be proud though, it was a great performance and had some of the kicking been a bit better they would have won. The French look poor, it's the poorest International period they have had for a long time.

Gutted for the Italians, a famous win has been stolen from them by a poor refereeing decision on Parisse, they should be proud though, it was a great performance and had some of the kicking been a bit better they would have won. The French look poor, it's the poorest International period they have had for a long time.

I'd disagree I thought Doyle was very good. Not sure which decision your on about but I thought Doyle was good

Play badly and win is always better than playing great and losing, first game, first win for Noves much work to do but progress can be made with hrd work. Italians played very well but came out on the wrong side,if the drop had of gone over Parisse would be the President of Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
France played one won one.!!!!!!!!

Hell of a kick to slot the penalty tho

Parisse decision was correct (not just my view but the post match panel) despite huge numbers of people wanting to not believe it!!

Besides, Plisson still had to kick it 54 meters and that won it rather than Parisse feeling robbed for a touch on the shoulder when he was diving!!!!

That being said Italy did enough to win it and they lost it by having their best kicker off the field for a stupid reason, not having his replacement in the right position rather than Parisse, and not having the confidence to get even closer in before taking the drop.....I would suggest that they also should have prevented the last French try and grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory!

Play badly and win is always better than playing great and losing, first game, first win for Noves much work to do but progress can be made with hrd work. Italians played very well but came out on the wrong side,if the drop had of gone over Parisse would be the President of Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
France played one won one.!!!!!!!!

He's getting ye back to right style though Gaston. Ye will get a bad beating or 2 on the way but it's going the right way.

Parisse decision was correct (not just my view but the post match panel) despite huge numbers of people wanting to not believe it!!

Besides, Plisson still had to kick it 54 meters and that won it rather than Parisse feeling robbed for a touch on the shoulder when he was diving!!!!

That being said Italy did enough to win it and they lost it by having their best kicker off the field for a stupid reason, not having his replacement in the right position rather than Parisse, and not having the confidence to get even closer in before taking the drop.....I would suggest that they also should have prevented the last French try and grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory!

Hmmm I don't know about the Parisse decision. I do believe he was just about held but I thought Danty came in a bit high. That said, what a kick and Doyle didn't call Gori up on the potential knock on before the Italian try.

He's getting ye back to right style though Gaston. Ye will get a bad beating or 2 on the way but it's going the right way.

Agreed; and disagree with a lot of the criticism of the French play today - they were trying to play rugby; proper rugby. OK, they weren't particularly used to doing so; but it's a good start for a coach who's had even less time with his team than Eddie Jones has.

Agreed; and disagree with a lot of the criticism of the French play today - they were trying to play rugby; proper rugby. OK, they weren't particularly used to doing so; but it's a good start for a coach who's had even less time with his team than Eddie Jones has.

I can see what you mean but their energy levels were not consistently there, their breakdown work (selection?) pretty poor, superiority in the scrum was eroded, and error count ridiculous......you can't, not even the French of old, just chuck it about without some equality in the breakdown especially with the handling errors they were making!

Yes, the attitude was far better but a better team than the Italians will not give them a win as they got today!!

I just hope that the Italians can play like this throughout the tournament and we will have some more competitive games than anyone expected!!

I can see what you mean but their energy levels were not consistently there, their breakdown work (selection?) pretty poor, superiority in the scrum was eroded, and error count ridiculous......you can't, not even the French of old, just chuck it about without some equality in the breakdown especially with the handling errors they were making!

Yes, the attitude was far better but a better team than the Italians will not give them a win as they got today!!

I just hope that the Italians can play like this throughout the tournament and we will have some more competitive games than anyone expected!!

Yea but few points on this.
Noves had very little prep time. And it's hard to reprogram them from club tactics. France will get a few bad results on the way but it will be worth it.
I agree their skills and defensive skills were poor but it will all click eventually. It will take a year or so but it will begin to build

Not deserved and not pretty - but a win nonetheless.

Ireland will present a sterner challenge and then we'll see what this new team is made of.

Latest posts