• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: France vs. Italy (06/02/2016)

Gaston, I want change as much as the next man. My posts about the politics in the game describe the reality of the situation in our rugby.

It's the people in charge at FFR and LNR who are REFUSING change. Not me. They are **** scared of reforming because hard reforms would surely see them out of office. What change did you see since the WCup?

I want:

1. Paul Goze voted out of LNR by the clubs. Better, I'd like see LNR disbanded by next year.

They serve no purpose. They officially represent the clubs but certainly don't speak for them. Our president has walked out on them and Stade Toulousain the biggest club in this country is no longer seating at LNR or even listening to them. We don't need that shower of useless arseholes. ST has the biggest trophy cabinet in Europe. We didnt need LNR-FFR to get where we are. We don't need them going forward.

2. I want the national team to be taken AWAY from FFR. I want an independent, professional Elite group composed of T14 head coaches, FFR and club technicians and Provale reps (to represent the players).

3. I want that Elite body - and a consultative vote from all T14 coaches - to choose the next national selector.

4. I want FFR to stop their plan for their Grand Stade. It's irresponsible. They are looking at bankruptcy. There are other priorities (France Women, France Sevens) and we don't need another stadium. So far they have gathered a mere 320K out of 600M euros - what a joke.

5. I want the T14 to start early October and end early May.

6. I want FFR to face up to their responsibility and put a BAN on PROD2 clubs from hiring more than 3 foreigners.

7. I want Laporte as next FFR president. I'm not in love with the man but he'll be better than any of the current union cockroaches (Camous Blanco Dunyach etc)

That's just for starters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas is over my friend you should have sent this list to Santa sometime in November as you are asking the impossible even you know that, but i would agree with most of your points. I think if the results come change at the top level concerning the National team may well come in time, but the rest Oct to May season, and some of the other stuff maybe just a fairy tale, but one can only hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stay positive and ?????????????

I'm not asking the impossible for the league. The dates I propose amount to shaving a mere 2 mths off 10. Not exactly a revolution.
Changes have to be gradual. But the whole system is paralyzed now between the Ligue (LNR) and FFR who are clinging to their status quo like barnacles.

There is no political will to change or reform anything. That's why I'm raging against the union. They can see the environment THEY created has become unmanageable for the national selector. But they won't give Noves the chance he deserves after appointing him. It was the same with Lievremont who was very inexperienced and got lynched after a GS and a WC final. Same again with Saint-André. They are repeating their own mistakes over because there's no check and balance culture to put them right.

The clubs can see that. They want no part in the union circus and I don't blame them.

Laporte is on his own in the race. You do realise that FFR historically only elects their OWN people, never an outsider. There is no precedent. Their system is up there with the USSR politburo and the unique party.
Laporte is not an FFR man. Hard to see him challenging the whole system and winning the election. He's just seen as a challenger to King Camous who at 70 is shamelessly going to run for a THIRD mandate. This system is totally screwed up.

Why are people surprised the professional clubs want no part in this?!

PS I don't do la Méthode Coué very well :lol:

I'm not having a go at you as i do see your point of view but nie on impossible some of your thoughts.
Lets tackle your 8 month season, 26 TOP 14 games, 6 Euro pool games, 6 GAMES OF TOP 14 and Euro quarters semis and finals for qualified teams, 5 x 6 nations and 3 Nov Internationals. 46 weekends if there were no doublons.Your season is over just about 35 weeks, so 11 weekends where there would be 2 games from different categories eg TOP 14 and 6 Nations,this period does not include no holidays for players or pre season matches where most clubs play 2/3 games.
A solution to go to a TOP 12 but the 2 clubs missing out would not be happy, and image playing all the 6 Nations and TOP 14 games the same weekends the clubs would never play ball especially the clubs that have numerous players selected for the Internationals.
I can see where you are coming from and do not disagree with you but eventually and especially if the results start to come with France things will have to change.
Camous is the first to get rid of, easy said than done!!!!! i know just how many hangers on there are in Paris i have worked at the Stade de France for Internationals and believe you me there are buckets full of them all running around with a piece of paper saying how important i am, whether FFR or LNR men!!!!!!! All this has to change but it will take time and if you want to win a World Cup it will have to.

no they will not screw Noves and his team, the FFR, LNR will have to change its ideas that is certain, yes i know all the problems i am a club official, but if sucess comes Frances way they will have to think twice about their working ways. You seem to have decided that things will never change, i personaly think in time they will if the results keep coming. Its time to listen to the powerful clubs and just then maybe co-operative systems can be put into place. However strong the politics and i do know all about it, ask yourself one question do the FFR and LNR want to win the World Cup if you think the answer is Yes , then things will change and it may just be Noves the man to start these changes or even Laporte but not sure he will get the support he needs to be elected.

Gaston, I want change as much as the next man. My posts about the politics in the game describe the reality of the situation in our rugby.

It's the people in charge at FFR and LNR who are REFUSING change. Not me. They are **** scared of reforming because hard reforms would surely see them out of office. What change did you see since the WCup?

I want:

1. Paul Goze voted out of LNR by the clubs. Better, I'd like see LNR disbanded by next year.

They serve no purpose. They officially represent the clubs but certainly don't speak for them. Our president has walked out on them and Stade Toulousain the biggest club in this country is no longer seating at LNR or even listening to them. We don't need that shower of useless arseholes. ST has the biggest trophy cabinet in Europe. We didnt need LNR-FFR to get where we are. We don't need them going forward.

2. I want the national team to be taken AWAY from FFR. I want an independent, professional Elite group composed of T14 head coaches, FFR and club technicians and Provale reps (to represent the players).

3. I want that Elite body - and a consultative vote from all T14 coaches - to choose the next national selector.

4. I want FFR to stop their plan for their Grand Stade. It's irresponsible. They are looking at bankruptcy. There are other priorities (France Women, France Sevens) and we don't need another stadium. So far they have gathered a mere 320K out of 600M euros - what a joke.

5. I want the T14 to start early October and end early May.

6. I want FFR to face up to their responsibility and put a BAN on PROD2 clubs from hiring more than 3 foreigners.

7. I want Laporte as next FFR president. I'm not in love with the man but he'll be better than any of the current union cockroaches (Camous Blanco Dunyach etc)

That's just for starters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly hope Noves takes a leaf out of Heyneke Meyer's book, and even Jake White's book, in that even if you have so much politics with regards to your job, you can still achieve great things. It's difficult but can be achieved. Meyer despite end of 2014 and entire 2015, had a very good run as Springbok coach.

I honesly love Les Blues. Only sports team i support, but i really hope they get back to a winning mentality.

Latest posts