• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: Scotland vs. England (06/02/2016)

By god you're right. Come to think of it I used to know a Clifford who just walked around farting everywhere he went. They're a filthy breed, all of them.

Not to mention this *******
ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1454783739.206093.jpg

Totally agree that BV is MoM!!

Great game from him and withdraw my previous criticism of him!!

Well I don't feel great about that.

Feels like the first game in the RWC - did just enough to get the result we wanted.
We'll be torn apart from Wales and Ireland if we don't improve sharpish.

That was what England wanted ....a win however it comes!!

That can only be the reason why they picked this team surely?

Puts the Scots in their place after all the hooha of the RWC and the false hopes that it engendered!

if the predictable ignominy of the haskell/robshaw combo wasnt enough to convince eddy that kvesic is neceserry i dont know what will

England have a long way to go and Scotland... Are still Scotland.
And Dr Dre...... is well

Poor game though. Wouldn't fear Ireland's chances so much now after day one. We'll see how tomorrow goes but day one looked like Post WC hangover.

Last edited by a moderator:
That interview with Laidlaw was awkward as ****.
Talk about kicking him when he's down "YOU'VE NOT SCORED AGAINST ENGLAND HERE FOR LIKE A MILLION YEARS, WHY ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE?!?!"

Not a convincing win, basically two passages of play won it for England, either way any win over Scotland is a good day. Billy Vunipola was immense, Nowell was lively, Brown was safe as houses as usual. Jones has got a big job on to turn this team into a team of leaders and winners similar to the team that won the World cup but it's a decent start. On to the next game.

Hmm... We won and I'm prepared to give Ediie Jones time but not very convincing. Defence was great however (Gustards influence?). Billy V was superb, Nowell great and Kruis good too. God can we please have some more dynamism on the flanks, robshaw and Haskell don't really seem to be an improvement on the flankers we had last 6N... Oh wait. Please can Youngs start next week, I know he wasn't great today but care was worse. Ford shaky too.

Haskell did do ok in the second half to be fair... but It's still entirely fair to say that the balance isn't right, and that he isn't the best player to play the role he's been selected for.

I'm not quite sure exactly how quickly some of you were expecting England to improve?

It's not. It's too early to say such comparisons mean much, but not to make them.

Precisely.

I'd say game three at the very earliest in terms of actual legitimate criticism/praise of any kind.

Eddie Jones said Haskell played well.....that's a worrying thought...

Typical first game of 6 nations calcutta match.

Latest posts