• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Wales vs. France (26/02/2016)

Still don't think France will win tomorrow, but here's hoping. My word, it will be glorious if it does happen :)

In all honesty, I can't see France winning, unless they come out of the blocks and have a 12-15 point lead at half time - but then again, pigs might fly!

In all honesty, I can't see France winning, unless they come out of the blocks and have a 12-15 point lead at half time - but then again, pigs might fly!

Why do we necessarily have to lead at half-time? We have a solid bench, no reason for us the crash in the second half.
That being said, I don't see us making a 15-point comeback on the Welsh. But as long the score is still close, we're in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do we necessarily have to lead at half-time? We have a solid bench, no reason for us the crash in the second half.
That being said, I don't see us making a 15-point comeback on the Welsh. But as long the score is still close, we're in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see France playing catch - up rugby, particularly in Cardiff if the Welsh build a lead and the crowd get behind their team.
Sure, the French bench is good but I believe that if they've a chance of winning, they need to impose themselves on the Welsh in the first half.
The Welsh game thrives on confidence so if les Bleus can dent their confidence and lead then they have a chance.

Last edited:
The Welsh game thrives on confidence so if les Bleus can dent their confidence and lead then they have a chance.

Small case of the pot calling the kettle black here!! ;)

In saying that the principality stadium does get a little nervous when behind.

Hoping for an exciting game but feel it might become a territorial arm wrestle.

"In saying that the principality stadium does get a little nervous when behind."

How long has the stadium been called the "Principality Stadium"? I still think of it as the Arms Park!!!

For me, the Welsh crowd are the noisiest and most fervent of the 6 Nations, and the atmosphere they create in the Stadium is second to none - when they are winning!, and in my opinion, it's the best rugby stadium!
Compare the last two times England played in Cardiff - Bluemoon, I'm sure you remember the thrashing that Wales gave England and the crowd were quite rightly delirious, but when the Welsh fans were confident of repeating the victory (last season wasn't it?), they were silenced by a rejuvenated England team.
Now if France can do the same .......................!

Last edited:
If France score tries everyone will see just how badly the Welsh sing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long has the stadium been called the "Principality Stadium"? I still think of it as the Arms Park!!!

it changed from millennium to principality this year, a 10 year contract i believe. the arms park is on a separate site, now called the BT Sport Arms Park

it changed from millennium to principality this year, a 10 year contract i believe. the arms park is on a separate site, now called the BT Sport Arms Park

Cheers AM! Isn't the Arms Park right next to the big stadium and where Cardiff play?

The stadim is actually joined by one stand, when they contructed the new Stadium they turned it 180° pretty sure thats about right. Must admit always loved the position of the stadium, city centre so the ambiance, atmosphere is great everywhere, this is lacking in Twickenham, Murryfield and Paris as soon as you get into town Paris or London Edinboriugh the ambiance is lost as there are just so many more people about who have no interest in rugby, just a shame about the Brains but nobody is perfect

The stadim is actually joined by one stand, when they contructed the new Stadium they turned it 180° pretty sure thats about right. Must admit always loved the position of the stadium, city centre so the ambiance, atmosphere is great everywhere, this is lacking in Twickenham, Murryfield and Paris as soon as you get into town Paris or London Edinboriugh the ambiance is lost as there are just so many more people about who have no interest in rugby, just a shame about the Brains but nobody is perfect

Agreed, although Edinburgh centre is a 30/40 minute walk from Murrayfield which is always great as the thousands make their way to the pubs!
In Cardiff, the stadium being slap bang in town is great cos you fall into a pub as soon as you fall out of the stadium, but are there beers other than Brains?
True, Twickenham lacks the ambiance of Cardiff and Edinburgh. Ok, there are some pubs within walking distance but it ain't the same.
As for Paris, the Stade de France is in St Denis, hardly the most welcoming of Parisian suburbs. I've been a couple of times and God knows where all the supporters disperse to after the match.
Anyway, I wish that I was in Cardiff this evening! Instead, in front of the box with a bottle or two of rouge!! Allez le bleus!!

Agreed, although Edinburgh centre is a 30/40 minute walk from Murrayfield which is always great as the thousands make their way to the pubs!
In Cardiff, the stadium being slap bang in town is great cos you fall into a pub as soon as you fall out of the stadium, but are there beers other than Brains?
True, Twickenham lacks the ambiance of Cardiff and Edinburgh. Ok, there are some pubs within walking distance but it ain't the same.
As for Paris, the Stade de France is in St Denis, hardly the most welcoming of Parisian suburbs. I've been a couple of times and God knows where all the supporters disperse to after the match.
Anyway, I wish that I was in Cardiff this evening! Instead, in front of the box with a bottle or two of rouge!! Allez le bleus!!

Definitely other beers available! I occasionally drink a pint of Brains, but definitely not my beer of choice if there's other stuff available

The Wetherspoons opposite the Stadium has got a pretty decent choice, standards like Carlsberg, Tuborg, Kronenberg, even recently started doing Erdinger on tap!

Cracking craft beer place next door to it on Westgate Street too called the Urban Taphouse. Really good selection on offer there. Brewdog have been open a while a few doors down too, though I'm still undecided on their stuff.

I desperately want to be proven wrong here but I just don't think France stand a chance. Like at all. Way to early in the journey for this bunch of (talented) players.
Please prove me wrong.

"In saying that the principality stadium does get a little nervous when behind."

For me, the Welsh crowd are the noisiest and most fervent of the 6 Nations, and the atmosphere they create in the Stadium is second to none - when they are winning!, and in my opinion, it's the best rugby stadium!
Compare the last two times England played in Cardiff - Bluemoon, I'm sure you remember the thrashing that Wales gave England and the crowd were quite rightly delirious, but when the Welsh fans were confident of repeating the victory (last season wasn't it?), they were silenced by a rejuvenated England team.
Now if France can do the same .......................!

Yes, I know what you are saying, but then comparing the French fixture and the English fixture is very much chalk and cheese. We are usually delirious out of relief that most of our English friend will not have bragging rights for a year.

This is always an exciting game! I am a fan of France and I hate to see the way the national team has gone so it's good to see a resurgence. I am of course, hoping it stops tonight!

In terms of Welsh beer, the Urban Tap House on Westgate street is a brewer based in Newport who is making some fantastic beers for most tastes. They do a fair share of hoppy modern PAs, but they have a few for the stout, lager and bitter drinkers too. With Brains, I really don't like their Bitter or the SA, but their Dark, SA Gold, and X Cold Smooth are good. Depends what you are in to! If you want standard lager, head to the Wetherspoons haha.

Good call on the Urban Tap House.

Owned by Tiny Rebel brewery.

They won Champion Beer of Britain last year with 'Cwtch' a genuinly delicious red ale. I had some in for Christmas, delightful stuff.

And yes, Brains is an embarrassment to Wales. Pish!!

Cheers boys, for the pub info.
Carefully noted for my next match in Cardiff!

I obviously want France to win. It would mean so much to the national team to go to Cardiff on a high profile Friday night game like this and come back with a win! After a disastrous 4 years we could finally right a few wrongs.
If we loose (and wr most probably will) I really hope it's a genuinely good, close game that does that great stadium justice! Allez Les Bleus!

Latest posts